[Complete] Billy Whiskers: The Autobiography of a Goat, by Frances Trego Montgomery - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

Thank you, but I've spent far too much of my day trying to convince people that my eyes are telling the truth. It's quite unbelievable. If you can, or want to, use my submissions, that's fine.

I'm going to pass the others on to someone else. Thanks, Tom Merritt
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

TommyMer wrote: July 30th, 2021, 9:18 am I'll attend to those corrections. Thank you.

The bit rate correction isn't possible, however.

I update my version of Audacity whenever one is offered. I believe I have the latest. The options offered are: Preset, Standard,170-210 kbps, Variable, 170-210, and Average, 128. Constant is not a choice.

Perhaps I should wait on a reply on this before I make corrections, in case you are not able to accept my recordings. Could the problem be that I use a Mac??

Sorry for the added trouble. Tom
Hmmm.
Seems very strange. I don't think I have the very latest version of Audacity, but when I go to Export just below the file name field is the "as .mp3" field and below that is a section labeled Format Options
The first is a row of radio buttons, the last one being Constant which is checked
Next is a drop down menu labeled Quality This is where I select 128kbs
The next field is ghosted because constant bit rate has been selected.
The last field Channel Mode has a check box for Force Export to Mono which is checked.

If your version of Audacity is different, then I don't have a clue. Could be that the Mac version is different.
It might be worthwhile posting your question to the Audacity Help forum.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40238

Someone there is bound to have an answer for you.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

Hmmmmmmm
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

I get a sense, from responses I'm getting re: bit rate, that it is indeed a problem.

I can only guess that the problem lies in my use of Macintosh. Mac is picky. It tends to balk at any download or offers a download that is incomplete it it's features. What I save, is, according to the screen (Quality screen) 128 kbps, although it comes from the Bit Rate Mode, "Average". For example.

When I have the time, I'll try another earlier version of Audacity. I've tried two so far. Neither were different from my current 3.0.2., At least the Export Audio screen.

In the meantime, I'd like to withdraw my claims on Billy Whiskers. Thank you, Tom
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 13 bit rate fixed. It passes Checker and technically it is fine. I did not listen, so it still needs PL.
alau101

Post by alau101 »

Hi, I would like to claim the section "What Billy Did on Thursday". Thanks!
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

Thank you for fixing 13. I apologize. My concern is that this will continue to happen, as it has now on three occasions. I enjoy Librivox, and I understand your technical requirements are important; the blame, if it is to be assigned, goes to the Audacity version for Mackintosh computers. Windows version is bolder. Mac is cautious as hell so as not to have an unwanted vistor sneak into one of it's machines.

So I thank you profusely and respectfully request that 11 and 12 go back to the Magic Window.

Cordially,
Tom
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Tom,

Whew, what a struggle to get this done. The reading was word perfect and enjoyable to listen to, and I am sorry that you won't be able to add more to this project.

I am really sorry to say this, after all you have gone through, but there is one correction necessary to the file name. At the beginning, you have an underscore "_" that will have to be removed. If you could just do that one correction, you will finally be done with this section.

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

The underscore can be left. I can fix it at cataloguing.
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

Thanks Wayne. I'll take of that correction, either tonight, or first thing in the morning. Tom
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

TommyMer wrote: July 31st, 2021, 3:15 pm Thanks Wayne. I'll take of that correction, either tonight, or first thing in the morning. Tom
All corrections made to the file names and specs for Sections 11, 12 and 13.
Section 13 has already been proofed and is marked PL OK
Sections 11 and 12 are now marked Ready for PL

Thanks for everyone's work on these. :clap:
~ Larry
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

silverquill wrote: July 31st, 2021, 3:32 pm
TommyMer wrote: July 31st, 2021, 3:15 pm Thanks Wayne. I'll take of that correction, either tonight, or first thing in the morning. Tom
All corrections made to the file names and specs for Sections 11, 12 and 13.
Section 13 has already been proofed and is marked PL OK
Sections 11 and 12 are now marked Ready for PL

Thanks for everyone's work on these. :clap:
Larry, you need access to the server to change file names 8-) The MW needs to match the upload to the server. Changing the file name in the MW means that you won't be able to open the file in the MW and I won't be able to catalog until I have changed them to match.

Edit: it looks like you uploaded the files again?
I am also seeing a file with no section number.
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

I thank all of you for helping. Very much! Tom
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Lynnet wrote: July 31st, 2021, 3:37 pm
Larry, you need access to the server to change file names 8-) The MW needs to match the upload to the server. Changing the file name in the MW means that you won't be able to open the file in the MW and I won't be able to catalog until I have changed them to match.

Edit: it looks like you uploaded the files again?
I am also seeing a file with no section number.
Sorry, i should have clarified.
Yes, I made all of the corrections in file names and bit rate and uploaded the new files and updated the MW accordingly. I've also just checked all the files in the MW and all look good and point to the correct recordings. Tom is going to record his other two sections and if they need a tweak, I will take care of it.

I think everything is straight now.
~ Larry
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

After trying some older versions of Audacity, I decided to upload the absolute latest, which provided me with the CONSTANT option! 3.0.3! Only a notch up from 3.0.2, but what difference a notch makes sometimes.