[COMPLETE] A Dish of Orts by George MacDonald-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

adrianstephens wrote: August 13th, 2021, 10:50 am Here's my last bit: section 6
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/dishoforts_06_macdonald_128kb.mp3 43:42
And Section 6 is PL OK :thumbs:

Thank you very much for those fine recordings :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Here, finally, is Section 15, A Sermon, duration 27:20
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/dishoforts_15_macdonald_128kb.mp3
--I have enjoyed MacDonald's fiction but hadn't seen his nonfiction before. I think this is the truest and most helpful sermon (by anyone) that I've ever heard or read--grateful, as always, for the fine books I learn about through LV!
I expect to have my other section, on Browning's Christmas Eve, completed by the claim date, but maybe not much ahead... this summer is getting ahead of me.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
AnthonyT

Post by AnthonyT »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

AnthonyT wrote: August 18th, 2021, 5:27 pm Edits made for Section 11!
11: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/dishoforts_11_macdonald_128kb.mp3 [34:30]
Thanks so much, AnthonyT - Section 11 is PL OK now :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

JoannaHoyt wrote: August 17th, 2021, 3:23 pm Here, finally, is Section 15, A Sermon, duration 27:20
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/dishoforts_15_macdonald_128kb.mp3
--I have enjoyed MacDonald's fiction but hadn't seen his nonfiction before. I think this is the truest and most helpful sermon (by anyone) that I've ever heard or read--grateful, as always, for the fine books I learn about through LV!
I expect to have my other section, on Browning's Christmas Eve, completed by the claim date, but maybe not much ahead... this summer is getting ahead of me.
Thanks, Joanna, for this very fine recording. :) Section 15 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
HeatherLaura22

Post by HeatherLaura22 »

Hi, I signed up for section 14 Shelley and I am still interested in doing it but a lot of life is happing right now and my computer I record from is having some issues. I know that it asked for the section to be turned in with in 2 months and it hasn't been quite a month yet but I just wanted to say that if you haven't heard from me and the project is close to finished I will understand if you reassign it. I'm hoping to find the time to do it in the next couple of weeks.

-Heather
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you, everyone! :D :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

HeatherLaura22 wrote: August 18th, 2021, 7:08 pm Hi, I signed up for section 14 Shelley and I am still interested in doing it but a lot of life is happing right now and my computer I record from is having some issues. I know that it asked for the section to be turned in with in 2 months and it hasn't been quite a month yet but I just wanted to say that if you haven't heard from me and the project is close to finished I will understand if you reassign it. I'm hoping to find the time to do it in the next couple of weeks.

-Heather
Thanks for keeping me posted, I appreciate it!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, you saved a section for me! How kind :lol:

I would love to do 16 -- a really great sermon.
My brother and I were just discussing this very theme.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

silverquill wrote: August 20th, 2021, 1:07 am Oh, you saved a section for me! How kind :lol:

I would love to do 16 -- a really great sermon.
My brother and I were just discussing this very theme.
Excellent! Thank you, Larry! You know, I was considering yesterday assigning that section to myself, but something told me not to. How providential. :wink:
Antipode

Post by Antipode »

Hi there, here's section 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/dishoforts_03_macdonald_128kb.mp3 64:54 (yeah sorry it ran over one hour :shock: )
Christoph

"... as I am fond of reading even the very scraps of paper in the street ..." Miguel de Cervantes, The History of Don Quixote
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Antipode wrote: August 21st, 2021, 2:27 am Hi there, here's section 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/dishoforts_03_macdonald_128kb.mp3 64:54 (yeah sorry it ran over one hour :shock: )
Everybody is turning in absolutely terrific recordings! Thank you for helping, Antipode - that was a lot of work for this one! :)

Section 3 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
paulbrianstewart

Post by paulbrianstewart »

Gidday Team,

Just checking in, I'll try to have section 12 done by the end of this this or the following.

Thanks,
Paul Stewart
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you everyone!

And there's no need to apologize, Antipode. I expected it to come out to around that length. :) It's only a problem if it gets much longer than 70 minutes, because then it won't fit on a CD.
Antipode

Post by Antipode »

mightyfelix wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 5:59 pm And there's no need to apologize, Antipode. I expected it to come out to around that length. :) It's only a problem if it gets much longer than 70 minutes, because then it won't fit on a CD.
Hi, that's reassuring. The checker software produced a fail due to running over 60 mins, so I sped it up to go below the threshold, ending up sounding like Mickey Mouse, which convinced me to submit it at the normal tempo. :D
Christoph

"... as I am fond of reading even the very scraps of paper in the street ..." Miguel de Cervantes, The History of Don Quixote