COMPLETE [GROUP] Six Years with the Texas Rangers, by James B. Gillett - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Jaz367

Post by Jaz367 »

This is a great story. May I please be assigned to Chapters 10 & 11?

Stephen
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Jaz367 wrote: August 11th, 2021, 1:25 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/texasrangers_01_gillett_128kb.mp3 22:36

How's this?
Stephen
Hey Stephen. The volume is perfect now, thank you. I'm so sorry to be a pain though, but now you have too much silence at the end :lol: :lol: you stop talking about 22:08 and the audio ends at 22:44, so that's about 36 seconds of silence... good news is you can just chop about 30 seconds off the end, and then reupload again. :thumbs:
Jaz367

Post by Jaz367 »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Jaz367 wrote: August 12th, 2021, 4:09 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/texasrangers_01_gillett_128kb.mp3
I think I got 22:14

Stephen
Thanks.
Ready for Spot PL
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Jaz367 wrote: August 12th, 2021, 4:09 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/texasrangers_01_gillett_128kb.mp3
I think I got 22:14

Stephen
Perfect! Thank you very much. Now PL OK :thumbs:
Jaz367

Post by Jaz367 »

That's great. May I record chapters 10 & 11?

Stephen
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Jaz367 wrote: August 13th, 2021, 12:36 pm That's great. May I record chapters 10 & 11?

Stephen
Thank you!
I've assigned these to you.
~ Larry
andrewframe

Post by andrewframe »

silverquill wrote: August 10th, 2021, 9:49 pm
andrewframe wrote: August 10th, 2021, 4:55 pm May I have chapters 8 and 9, please?
Well, these are quite long sections to take on as your first recordings, but if you feel you're ready, you're welcome to read these for us. Please let us know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog -- real name, pseudonym, or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of you LV work

Welcome aboard! :clap:
Where can I find the audio specifications? Head/tail time, levels, noise floor, etc.?
Also how much, if any, processing? Once PL'd, is this the final audio that is compiled, or is someone going to master?

Thank you.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

andrewframe wrote: August 16th, 2021, 5:17 pm
Where can I find the audio specifications? Head/tail time, levels, noise floor, etc.?
Also how much, if any, processing? Once PL'd, is this the final audio that is compiled, or is someone going to master?

Thank you.
Thanks for asking!

Most of the answers to the above you will find in the instructions in the initial post of each project forum. This includes any special instructions for each particular project -- the prescribed into/outro, the format for the file name, etc.

But, look for the section: New to recording? You will find a link to the Newbie Guide to Recording, which has a lot of useful information, especially on procedure. Then there is a "click here" link for the actual technical specifications. Just let us know if any of your questions remained unanswered or you need more information.

What happens after proof listening? There may be some corrections that need to be made either of a technical nature or in regard to the reading itself. Once it is marked as "PL OK," the is not any further remastering other some leveling of volume that the Meta Coordinator does before compiling it for submission to Archive, also know as cataloging the project. Maybe our MC can chime in on that.

Volume sometimes is tricky, Our target is 89 dB with an acceptable range of 86-91 dB I'll give you my little blurb below that I sometimes send to new readers that may help.

Again, just let us know if you have more questions. There's a lot to learn.

Thanks for your interest and particiapation. :)
Larry
========================================================
I use two programs for checking volume.
The first is a little program called Checker https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker, written specifically for LibriVox. Just drag a file into the Checker window to check validation on all LV specs, including a readout of actual volume in decibels. Use the Amplification feature in Audacity to bring the volume closer to the LV target of 89 dB.

The second is an Audacity plugin called ReplayGain https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Measuring_Volume_within_Audacity. Running this feature will give a value of plus or minus dB from the LV target of 89 dB, and then the Amplification feature can be used to adjust the file before exporting.
~ Larry
PQuesoLoco

Post by PQuesoLoco »

I realize now that I was too late to submit for chapter 9. Sorry about that I had to move my recording equipment. I would like to ask for chapter 15 if it is still available. my situation is fixed now. it will be on time :thumbs:
PQuesoLoco

Post by PQuesoLoco »

Sorry Correction! Section 15 chapter 13 :lol:
andrewframe

Post by andrewframe »

Thanks for asking!

Most of the answers to the above you will find in the instructions in the initial post of each project forum. This includes any special instructions for each particular project -- the prescribed into/outro, the format for the file name, etc.

--snip --
Thank you, I will go read up. I produce for ACX uploads, but the specs there are different, and I want to make sure I am set up properly for here.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

PQuesoLoco wrote: August 17th, 2021, 11:08 am Sorry Correction! Section 15 chapter 13 :lol:
Great!
I've got you in for Section 15 Scouting in Mexico

Thank you.
~ Larry
ComfortKC

Post by ComfortKC »

Can I read Section 18 Undesirable recruits? Thanks.

Kevin
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

silverquill wrote: August 16th, 2021, 6:44 pm

What happens after proof listening? There may be some corrections that need to be made either of a technical nature or in regard to the reading itself. Once it is marked as "PL OK," the is not any further remastering other some leveling of volume that the Meta Coordinator does before compiling it for submission to Archive, also know as cataloging the project. Maybe our MC can chime in on that.

Volume sometimes is tricky, Our target is 89 dB with an acceptable range of 86-91 dB I'll give you my little blurb below that I sometimes send to new readers that may help.
Good answer Larry, that about sums up the MC's job during cataloging. We can see the specs for each file and do any corrections if needed. The finished product (the cataloged project) is hosted by archive.org, so we have to meet their file specs prior to cataloging.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!