[COMPLETE] The Forgotten Man and Other Essays by William Graham Sumner - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kalamareader wrote: June 29th, 2021, 8:41 pm As per PM, Section 40 will be in two parts.

Wayne
Thanks Wayne
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kazbek wrote: June 29th, 2021, 7:54 pm Michele, I'll wait for a go-ahead from you to move the project to Readers Wanted. Also, let me know if you'd like to put it into Short Works or Books.

Thanks,
Michael
Hi Michael the MW is now good to go. I am not sure where it should go happy to go with your suggestion. Also please could you remove the extra sections in the MW thank you very much. :D
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I'm not sure one forum is clearly more appropriate than the other, but since some of the essays are fairly long, I'll move this to Books. We can move to Short Works if you prefer.

Michael
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kazbek wrote: June 30th, 2021, 5:37 am I'm not sure one forum is clearly more appropriate than the other, but since some of the essays are fairly long, I'll move this to Books. We can move to Short Works if you prefer.

Michael
Yes I think given the length of this it is better in books.
Michele
tcjsavannah

Post by tcjsavannah »

I would like to claim the Preface, section 0, please!

-- Chad
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

wib66 wrote: June 27th, 2021, 3:15 pm
Kalamareader wrote: June 27th, 2021, 3:07 pm Hi again,

I was just looking around for something and found this and voilà, here you are again. I guess you just pick the good stuff. :9:

May I have Section 10, Tariff Reform?

Thanks again,

Wayne
I try my best. I will sign you up thank you for claiming.
Michele,

First of all, here is Section 10

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/forgottenman_10_sumner_128kb.mp3

Time: 13:24

Secondly, I have been thinking about the long one. I think I have changed my mine. I think I want to do it in three sections. I am changing my mind for a couple of reasons. First, it will be a little easier to record (shorter) and second, it might be easier for the listener to have shorter 'bites' of information. So three it is, if that isn't too much trouble for you with the MW.

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
wib66

Post by wib66 »

tcjsavannah wrote: June 30th, 2021, 5:27 pm I would like to claim the Preface, section 0, please!

-- Chad
Thank you I will sign you up
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kalamareader wrote: July 1st, 2021, 5:09 pm
wib66 wrote: June 27th, 2021, 3:15 pm
Kalamareader wrote: June 27th, 2021, 3:07 pm Hi again,

I was just looking around for something and found this and voilà, here you are again. I guess you just pick the good stuff. :9:

May I have Section 10, Tariff Reform?

Thanks again,

Wayne
I try my best. I will sign you up thank you for claiming.
Michele,

First of all, here is Section 10

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/forgottenman_10_sumner_128kb.mp3

Time: 13:24

Secondly, I have been thinking about the long one. I think I have changed my mine. I think I want to do it in three sections. I am changing my mind for a couple of reasons. First, it will be a little easier to record (shorter) and second, it might be easier for the listener to have shorter 'bites' of information. So three it is, if that isn't too much trouble for you with the MW.

Thanks,

Wayne
Hi Wayne thank you for section 10. Not a problem about the longer piece I will update the MW. Please feel free to separate it where you think it is suitable. Thanks
Michele
tcjsavannah

Post by tcjsavannah »

wib66

Post by wib66 »

tcjsavannah wrote: July 4th, 2021, 6:36 am Here is the preface!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/forgottenman_00_sumner_128kb.mp3

8:01
Thank you for your section queued for PL
Michele
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Michele,

At long last, here is the first third, Section 40:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/forgottenman_40_sumner_128kb.mp3

Time: 24:44

Wayne
Wayne
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kalamareader wrote: July 7th, 2021, 6:17 pm Michele,

At long last, here is the first third, Section 40:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/forgottenman_40_sumner_128kb.mp3

Time: 24:44

Wayne
Thank you Wayne queued for PL
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 10 is PL OK thanks
Michele
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Wayne