[COMPLETE] The Forgotten Man and Other Essays by William Graham Sumner - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

mleigh wrote: September 24th, 2021, 12:20 pm Section 16 is ready.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/forgottenman_16_sumner_128kb.mp3
15:46

Let me know what, if anything, I need to redo. Hope my allergies don't make these reading too hard to understand.

Thanks,

M
queued for PL
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 15 is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for section 16
3:17
Repeat of 'to be deliberately adopted' please can you remove this
Michele
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

wib66 wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 11:46 am PL Notes for section 16
Sorry about that. Here is the updated file:

New time: 15:43

Thanks,

M
wib66

Post by wib66 »

mleigh wrote: October 7th, 2021, 8:39 am
wib66 wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 11:46 am PL Notes for section 16
Sorry about that. Here is the updated file:

New time: 15:43

Thanks,

M
Thank you this is now PL OK
Michele
tac107

Post by tac107 »

If she's passin' back this way
I'm not that hard to find
Tell her she can look me up
If she's got the time

Tatiana
wib66

Post by wib66 »

queued for PL
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 9 is PL OK
Michele
soegampars

Post by soegampars »

Section 4 is done.

Please don't hesitate with any necessary feedbacks. Thank you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/forgottenman_04_sumner_128kb.mp3

23:36
"Mithrandir, why the halfling?"
wib66

Post by wib66 »

soegampars wrote: October 19th, 2021, 11:23 am Section 4 is done.

Please don't hesitate with any necessary feedbacks. Thank you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/forgottenman_04_sumner_128kb.mp3

23:36
thank you queued for PL
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for section 4

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently longer than this

It would be helpful to even out the volume as it is loud in some places and quite low in others. It would help to first reduce the spikes in your file. To do this follow the video below which is created by Phil Chenevert and is easy to follow. Once you have carried out compression you will then be able to amplify the file to the correct dB.
https://youtu.be/rhvKDCdjaYctch?v=wJ3lOTDsN6c

When you carry out the amplification there is some background noise which detracts from the reading and should be removed please. To do this in Audacity.

Step 1 - Select a piece of background noise
Select a piece of background noise (no speech, breaths or other noises) in your audio.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... A dialog will pop up.
Click "Get Noise Profile" The dialog box will close instantly.

Step 2 - Noise Reduction
Press CTRL-A / Command-A to select your complete recording.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... again. Note: don't select "Repeat Noise Reduction" -- that instantly applies the default settings; you want to adjust the settings and preview the results before you apply the noise filters.
Set Noise Reduction (dB) to 12
Set sensitivity to 6.00
Set frequency smoothing bands to 3
Choose Noise: Reduce
Click ok

Please could you carry out the edits then upload the file using the same file name and post in this thread. If you need any more help please just ask. Thanks
Michele
davehli

Post by davehli »

davehli wrote: September 12th, 2021, 8:59 pm I'd like to take section 26 - Shall Americans Own Ships? (1881)
My apologies. I need to drop this. I won't be able to get to this any time soon.
soegampars

Post by soegampars »

wib66 wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 7:42 am PL Notes for section 4

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently longer than this

It would be helpful to even out the volume as it is loud in some places and quite low in others. It would help to first reduce the spikes in your file. To do this follow the video below which is created by Phil Chenevert and is easy to follow. Once you have carried out compression you will then be able to amplify the file to the correct dB.
https://youtu.be/rhvKDCdjaYctch?v=wJ3lOTDsN6c

When you carry out the amplification there is some background noise which detracts from the reading and should be removed please. To do this in Audacity.

Step 1 - Select a piece of background noise
Select a piece of background noise (no speech, breaths or other noises) in your audio.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... A dialog will pop up.
Click "Get Noise Profile" The dialog box will close instantly.

Step 2 - Noise Reduction
Press CTRL-A / Command-A to select your complete recording.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... again. Note: don't select "Repeat Noise Reduction" -- that instantly applies the default settings; you want to adjust the settings and preview the results before you apply the noise filters.
Set Noise Reduction (dB) to 12
Set sensitivity to 6.00
Set frequency smoothing bands to 3
Choose Noise: Reduce
Click ok

Please could you carry out the edits then upload the file using the same file name and post in this thread. If you need any more help please just ask. Thanks
Hi!

Well, I kind of did that. The background noise was so much worse before. I'll do what I can to fix it. I saw Phil's videos and will try to make the best use of it.

Thank you!
"Mithrandir, why the halfling?"
wib66

Post by wib66 »

soegampars wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 8:32 pm
Hi!

Well, I kind of did that. The background noise was so much worse before. I'll do what I can to fix it. I saw Phil's videos and will try to make the best use of it.

Thank you!
Please let me know if you need any help happy to help
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

davehli wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 2:23 pm
davehli wrote: September 12th, 2021, 8:59 pm I'd like to take section 26 - Shall Americans Own Ships? (1881)
My apologies. I need to drop this. I won't be able to get to this any time soon.
Please don't worry thank you for letting me know you can always come back when you have more time. :D
Michele