Complete [PSYCHOLOGY] Group: Studies in Word-Association by Carl Jung-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Studies in Word-Association, by Carl Gustav Jung (1875 - 1961), translated by M.D. Eder

Volunteers outside the USA: Carl Gustav Jung died in 1961. This person's work may still be protected by copyright in countries where copyright duration is determined by the author's death date. In Europe this is 70 years; in Canada it is 50 years; and in Australia it is 70 years for authors who died after 1955.
Following his Psychology of the Unconscious Processes, this book is a series of papers compiled under the direction of Dr. Carl Jung, also known as the founder of psychoanalysis. It records research related to the association method conducted on persons with and without psychological conditions. Jung's work on association among "normal" individuals formed the basis of psychological types. (Summary by Cao Yuqing)
• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/studies-in-word-association-by-carl-gustav-jung/

Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/studiesinwordass00jung
To preclude as much confusion as possible, please download the PDF version of the text before claiming any sections - the page numbers in the MW refer to those of the PDF, not those printed on the book.

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record. Please refer to the SECTION NUMBER to avoid confusion!

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Psychology

Keywords that describe the book: psychoanalysis, jung, pathological psychology, association of ideas, psychophysiology

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section # of Studies in Word-Association. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Studies in Word-Association, by Carl Gustav Jung, translated by M.D. Eder. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Studies in Word-Association, by Carl Gustav Jung, translated by M.D. Eder."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: wordassociation_##_jung_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. wordassociation_01_jung_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: alg1001

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

Special note:
Some of the footnotes and tables will make very little sense to the listener if read aloud; a handful of graphs even more so.
Therefore, unfortunately, we will have to leave them out (to be done at the reader's discretion).

If you do decide to read out a footnote, please do so in the following format:
After reading the whole sentence(s) where the footnote mark is found, say,
"Footnote [number]. [Content of footnote] End of footnote [number]."
After a short silence (~1 sec), you may continue reading the main text.

Feel free to discuss any issue of this kind with the DPL (when we manage get one, that is :wink:)!

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask as well! Just post in this thread.

Last edited by YuqingJune on August 30th, 2022, 11:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
Katgirl576

Post by Katgirl576 »

This is a very exciting project! I can't wait to see how the chapters are divided up, there are so many that I'm interested in! I know I'm early, but I will not have internet access today, can I claim chapter 1?
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Katgirl576 wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:59 am This is a very exciting project! I can't wait to see how the chapters are divided up, there are so many that I'm interested in! I know I'm early, but I will not have internet access today, can I claim chapter 1?
I'm so glad someone here at LV shares my interest :lol:

Let's wait till an MC comes around first, since I don't even have a MW to work with yet. But yes I'll take note!

The first section will be 00 Translator's preface though, do you want me to reserve that for you as well? Or are you good with, say, just section 01 (which should cover the entire chapter 1) for now?
Cheers,
Katgirl576

Post by Katgirl576 »

YuqingJune wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 5:19 pm
Katgirl576 wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:59 am This is a very exciting project! I can't wait to see how the chapters are divided up, there are so many that I'm interested in! I know I'm early, but I will not have internet access today, can I claim chapter 1?
I'm so glad someone here at LV shares my interest :lol:

Let's wait till an MC comes around first, since I don't even have a MW to work with yet. But yes I'll take note!

The first section will be 00 Translator's preface though, do you want me to reserve that for you as well? Or are you good with, say, just section 01 (which should cover the entire chapter 1) for now?
I noticed that chapter one is only 8 pages, so I'm good with that :D the other chapters are so long and it's likely they'll have to be split up, but I'm very interested in the sections about imbeciles and idiots as well as the dream chapter :D

Looking forward to participating!!
Heather
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Katgirl576 wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:06 pm I noticed that chapter one is only 8 pages, so I'm good with that :D the other chapters are so long and it's likely they'll have to be split up, but I'm very interested in the sections about imbeciles and idiots as well as the dream chapter :D

Looking forward to participating!!
Heather
Amazing. Thank you, Heather!
Cheers,
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Yuqing,
I will MC this for you. It is such an interesting topic.
Thanks!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

alg1001 wrote: June 24th, 2021, 7:06 pm Hi Yuqing,
I will MC this for you. It is such an interesting topic.
Thanks!
-Amy
Wow, I didn't expect my MW to come so fast!

I'll update you once it's filled and ready to welcome readers :thumbs:
Cheers,
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Hopping up and down and waving arms. :lol:
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Owlivia wrote: June 26th, 2021, 12:20 pm Hopping up and down and waving arms. :lol:
Good to see you again :lol:

Don't worry, I promise to get the MW done by this Friday latest!
Cheers,
Ds1332

Post by Ds1332 »

Hello,

I am interested in reading this book.
Can I claim chapter 2?

-Disha
francescoufilice

Post by francescoufilice »

I am very interested in helping out with this book in any way I can!
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Ds1332 wrote: June 28th, 2021, 1:55 am Hello,

I am interested in reading this book.
Can I claim chapter 2?

-Disha
Congratulations for clearing your 1-minute test, Disha!

Chapter 2 includes sections 02-20 though :wink:
Let me know if I should just assign section 02 to you for the present.

Thanks!

(Yes, for those who are interested in Jung/"personality psychology"/early 20th century science/actually word-association itself, we're in Readers Wanted now!)
Cheers,
Ds1332

Post by Ds1332 »

Hi Yuqing,

Thank you!
Yes you can assign to me Section 2 of Chapter 2 to start with. :D
I will pick up others later.

Thank you,
Disha Shetty.
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Ds1332 wrote: July 4th, 2021, 9:42 pm Hi Yuqing,

Thank you!
Yes you can assign to me Section 2 of Chapter 2 to start with. :D
I will pick up others later.

Thank you,
Disha Shetty.
Great, it's yours now!
Cheers,
Ds1332

Post by Ds1332 »

So i have to read according the page numbers mentioned in the window? Just confirming.
Also, do the tables have to be read out too?

Thanks for your help!

-Disha