hazzvoice wrote: September 7th, 2021, 3:52 pm Here's the link to Section 42:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/wordassociation_42_jung_128kb.mp3

Time: 0:20:30

That completes Chapter 9.
PL:
Checker: volume falls outside 86-92
cut lead time to .5-1.0 seconds
cut end time to 5 sec
add section #/title at :31 (III. The Hysterical Symptom)

Thanks,
Verla
Thank-you very much, Verla! I've been bogged down in an unusually heavy couple of weeks with work. I'm hoping to get started on these corrections this weekend.

Cheers!
Nerodia1968

Post by Nerodia1968 »

Hey, all; I sat down to record and realized that I may have bitten off more than I can chew here, since I don't know how to read tables and statistical data out loud. Would someone else like Section 6?

Also, for future reference, the page numbers in the document don't match the description -- I found the phrase "(E) The Egocentric Reaction" on page 32, not page 49 -- am I looking at the wrong thing?

Thanks bunches. Maybe I'll opt for a short story or poem instead! :?
vviera

Post by vviera »

Nerodia1968 wrote: September 24th, 2021, 1:12 pm Also, for future reference, the page numbers in the document don't match the description -- I found the phrase "(E) The Egocentric Reaction" on page 32, not page 49 -- am I looking at the wrong thing?
Hi Nerodia -

The page numbers refer to the pdf, not the book pages. That's necessary because there may be pages that are not numbered, or numbered with roman numerals that don't proceed onto the same counting scheme. For example, this pdf has 604 pages, while the index ends at book page 575.

It sounds like you may not continue on this text, but here's a message I wrote a few days ago where I created a page-numbered pdf (adding them in a header using my own Adobe software.)
vviera wrote: September 20th, 2021, 7:01 am For easy reference with the MW, I added pdf page numbers to the pdf. That gives me both the book's original pagination and the pdf's.

I also used the accessibility editing option to up the contrast, so the background is somewhat lighter. Trying to read the black print on the dark yellow page was killing my eyes. It is not a big difference, but enough to make it just a little easier.

You can download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhs8wuh3j5qi9fk/accessibility%20text.pdf?dl=0

Verla
Remember to check in on the forum for whatever project you're working on for "breaking news" like that. You don't have to keep coming back to look--LV has a function to notify you when something new is posted. I use this because there's just not that much traffic in the forum, so I don't get tons of emails, but I know Ï'm keeping up to date. Here's how:

Up at the top of any forum page, by the red "Post Reply" button, there is a little tool button (wrench icon) with a down arrow. Click on the down arrow, and one option is "subscribe topic." Click on that, and it will trigger those email notifications of new forum activity. Once I finish doing my part on a project, I go back and click "unsubscribe topic," which appears in the same place if you're subscribed.

I'll let the BC (Book Coordinator) Yuquing June address the possible reassignment of sec. 6.

Don't get discouraged! There's a lot to learn. Hang in there :!:

Verla
(DPL for this Jung project)
Cheers, VERLA

There's no rehab for LibriVox addicts. (Aren't you glad?)
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Nerodia1968 wrote: September 24th, 2021, 1:12 pm Hey, all; I sat down to record and realized that I may have bitten off more than I can chew here, since I don't know how to read tables and statistical data out loud. Would someone else like Section 6?

Also, for future reference, the page numbers in the document don't match the description -- I found the phrase "(E) The Egocentric Reaction" on page 32, not page 49 -- am I looking at the wrong thing?

Verla raised some really good points there. Let me know if you are keen to keep Section 06!

If not, there's nothing to worry about. I can just make it available to everyone else :thumbs:
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
ldahlke

Post by ldahlke »

vviera wrote: September 10th, 2021, 6:48 pm
ldahlke wrote: September 6th, 2021, 7:35 pm Hello! Below is the link for Section 0 - The Translator's Preface.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/wordassociation_00_jung_128kb.mp3\
Congrats on your first recording! -though I see you have more lined up- :)

Checker shows that your dB level is outside the LibriVox range of 86-92. Please resolve that. You can run it through Checker yourself to make sure it's been corrected, then repost. If you haven't found Checker yet, take a look at https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker

Otherwise, everything was great.

Verla
UPDATED
Section 0
8:30

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/wordassociation_00_jung_128kb.mp3

Thank you for the reminder about Checker! I have brought the level under 92 dB, and the new file passes the Checker check! Thank you!
hazzvoice

Post by hazzvoice »

vviera wrote: September 18th, 2021, 12:37 pm
hazzvoice wrote: September 7th, 2021, 3:52 pm Here's the link to Section 42:

Time: 0:20:30

That completes Chapter 9.
PL:
Checker: volume falls outside 86-92
cut end time to 5 sec
add section #/title at :31 (III. The Hysterical Symptom)

Thanks,
Verla
Hi Verla,

I've posted the revisions for Section 42 here:

Revised time: 20:30

I'm hoping to get the other changes completed this week.

Cheers!
hazzvoice

Post by hazzvoice »

vviera wrote: September 18th, 2021, 11:54 am
hazzvoice wrote: September 1st, 2021, 12:06 pm
Here's the link to Section 41:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/wordassociation_41_jung_128kb.mp3

Time: 51:15
Hi Steve -
Checker shows that volume falls outside 86-92 (too high)
22:20 sentence beginning "Her dream" is omitted

Off to sec. 42 :)
The revised Section 41 audio file is here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/wordassociation_41_jung_128kb.mp3

Revised time: 51:21

Thank you, Verla!
Nerodia1968

Post by Nerodia1968 »

vviera wrote: September 24th, 2021, 1:45 pm
Nerodia1968 wrote: September 24th, 2021, 1:12 pm Also, for future reference, the page numbers in the document don't match the description -- I found the phrase "(E) The Egocentric Reaction" on page 32, not page 49 -- am I looking at the wrong thing?
Hi Nerodia -

The page numbers refer to the pdf, not the book pages. That's necessary because there may be pages that are not numbered, or numbered with roman numerals that don't proceed onto the same counting scheme. For example, this pdf has 604 pages, while the index ends at book page 575.

It sounds like you may not continue on this text, but here's a message I wrote a few days ago where I created a page-numbered pdf (adding them in a header using my own Adobe software.)
vviera wrote: September 20th, 2021, 7:01 am For easy reference with the MW, I added pdf page numbers to the pdf. That gives me both the book's original pagination and the pdf's.

I also used the accessibility editing option to up the contrast, so the background is somewhat lighter. Trying to read the black print on the dark yellow page was killing my eyes. It is not a big difference, but enough to make it just a little easier.

You can download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhs8wuh3j5qi9fk/accessibility%20text.pdf?dl=0

Verla
Hi, Verla--

I did see that message, but no matter how much I squint, the page numbers in the scanned text and the page numbers on the PDF file match; at least, they do on my computer. I'd post a screenshot if I knew how.

vviera wrote: September 20th, 2021, 7:01 am Remember to check in on the forum for whatever project you're working on for "breaking news" like that. You don't have to keep coming back to look--LV has a function to notify you when something new is posted. I use this because there's just not that much traffic in the forum, so I don't get tons of emails, but I know Ï'm keeping up to date. Here's how:

Up at the top of any forum page, by the red "Post Reply" button, there is a little tool button (wrench icon) with a down arrow. Click on the down arrow, and one option is "subscribe topic." Click on that, and it will trigger those email notifications of new forum activity. Once I finish doing my part on a project, I go back and click "unsubscribe topic," which appears in the same place if you're subscribed.
Ooo, great hints! Thanks!

-- Catie (a.k.a. Nerodia)
Nerodia1968

Post by Nerodia1968 »

YuqingJune wrote: September 24th, 2021, 11:32 pm
Nerodia1968 wrote: September 24th, 2021, 1:12 pm Hey, all; I sat down to record and realized that I may have bitten off more than I can chew here, since I don't know how to read tables and statistical data out loud. Would someone else like Section 6?

Verla raised some really good points there. Let me know if you are keen to keep Section 06!

If not, there's nothing to worry about. I can just make it available to everyone else :thumbs:
Hi, Yuqing--

Yeah, go ahead and make section 6 available to everybody else for now. Thanks bunches!
vviera

Post by vviera »

I'm not sure what you're looking at - here is what the two page numbers on the pdf look like.

I haven't posted a screenshot before either, so hopefully that will work.

Verla
Cheers, VERLA

vviera

Post by vviera »

vviera wrote: September 27th, 2021, 1:54 pm
I haven't posted a screenshot before either, so hopefully that will work.

Verla
Guess not. You can see the image at https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsrgd9hu6ncpluo/jung%20pdf%20snip.jpg?dl=0
Cheers, VERLA

vviera

Post by vviera »

ldahlke wrote: September 26th, 2021, 11:26 am UPDATED
Section 0
8:30

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/wordassociation_00_jung_128kb.mp3

Thank you for the reminder about Checker! I have brought the level under 92 dB, and the new file passes the Checker check! Thank you!
Awesome! Updating to PL OK.

To whom it may concern, my media player shows 8:31. Don't know if that's something that matters.
Cheers, VERLA

GretaBui

Post by GretaBui »

Ahhh I would love to read this but I can't right? Living in UK?
vviera

Post by vviera »

Hi all -

I believe I've caught up with all the PL for this Jung project.

If you posted something, but you are still waiting for PL, or for a re-listen after comments, let me know.

Thanks!
Verla
Cheers, VERLA

vviera

Post by vviera »

hazzvoice wrote: September 26th, 2021, 11:55 am

I've posted the revisions for Section 42 here:

Revised time: 20:30
Cheers!
Great! Sections 41 and 42 both marked PL OK. :D
Cheers, VERLA