Mirja

Post by Mirja »

brownrottger wrote: July 27th, 2021, 2:35 pm
Mirja wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:39 am Section 4

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/antonia_04_sand_128kb.mp3

Thanks!

Mirja
Section 4
Oh my goodness! Your recording blew me away! You have a pure talent for this!
Just 2 notes:
12:40 should be "insensible"; I heard "sensible"
Add 5 seconds of silence at the end.
Thank you! I look forward to hearing more Sections of George Sand's creations from you!
Christine
Here is the corrected version: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/antonia_04_sand_128kb.mp3

I've recorded section 11, but need to edit it. Hopefully tomorrow.

Best,
Mirja
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Mirja wrote: July 30th, 2021, 8:10 am
Mirja wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:39 am Section 4

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/antonia_04_sand_128kb.mp3

Thanks!

Mirja
Section 4
Just 2 notes:
Thank you! I look forward to hearing more Sections of George Sand's creations from you!
Christine
Here is the corrected version: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/antonia_04_sand_128kb.mp3

Best,
Mirja
Section 4 is PL Ok! Your edit was ultra smooth! I am jealous! Any addition tips to share?
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Sheldonme wrote: July 30th, 2021, 5:38 am Can I take section 12? :)

Marisza
Hi Marisza!
Welcome to the world of George Sand! In my opinion, the greatest female fiction writer of her time! Yes, take Section 12. I am assigning it to you in MW rn.
Sheldonme

Post by Sheldonme »

brownrottger wrote: July 30th, 2021, 11:15 am
Sheldonme wrote: July 30th, 2021, 5:38 am Can I take section 12? :)

Marisza
Hi Marisza!
Welcome to the world of George Sand! In my opinion, the greatest female fiction writer of her time! Yes, take Section 12. I am assigning it to you in MW rn.

Thank you! I’m looking forward to it and I looked at the text ahead of time and thought it was fun to read so I’m excited to try out reading it out loud. I’m newer to the idea and trying to get down the storytelling with my voice bit so it’ll be a fun challenge! :)
Sheldonme

Post by Sheldonme »

I got section 12 recorded but ran it through Checker and it said it was too quiet. Is there a way for me to fix that, outside of re-recording it? I've managed to record within the normal range before but I guess I was off this time. :P
Sheldonme

Post by Sheldonme »

Also, I really enjoyed this one! Could I sign up for section 13 and 14 too?

Marisza
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Sheldonme wrote: July 30th, 2021, 5:04 pm I got section 12 recorded but ran it through Checker and it said it was too quiet. Is there a way for me to fix that, outside of re-recording it? I've managed to record within the normal range before but I guess I was off this time. :P
There is another application you can download:MP3 Gain. Run your file through the track analysis but it has been advised by others, way more experienced than me, not to have that app adjust your recording. Just find out how much you need to amplify up or down then go back into audaciy and highlight your whole recording and go to Effects then Amplify and put that number in.Re -export from Audacity to mp3. After that you can recheck with Checker application and it should come out ok. That is what I do. Hope this helps.
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Sheldonme wrote: July 30th, 2021, 5:08 pm Also, I really enjoyed this one! Could I sign up for section 13 and 14 too?

Marisza
Yes. I will assign those to you in the MW. Expect PL report after Aug 9 as I will be on vacation starting tomorrow with no internet.
Sheldonme

Post by Sheldonme »

brownrottger wrote: July 30th, 2021, 5:12 pm
Sheldonme wrote: July 30th, 2021, 5:04 pm I got section 12 recorded but ran it through Checker and it said it was too quiet. Is there a way for me to fix that, outside of re-recording it? I've managed to record within the normal range before but I guess I was off this time. :P
There is another application you can download:MP3 Gain. Run your file through the track analysis but it has been advised by others, way more experienced than me, not to have that app adjust your recording. Just find out how much you need to amplify up or down then go back into audaciy and highlight your whole recording and go to Effects then Amplify and put that number in.Re -export from Audacity to mp3. After that you can recheck with Checker application and it should come out ok. That is what I do. Hope this helps.
Christine
Perfect! Thanks! Have fun on your vacation!

Marisza
Mirja

Post by Mirja »

Mirja

Post by Mirja »

brownrottger wrote: July 30th, 2021, 11:11 am
Mirja wrote: July 30th, 2021, 8:10 am
Section 4
Just 2 notes:
Christine

Best,
Mirja
Section 4 is PL Ok! Your edit was ultra smooth! I am jealous! Any addition tips to share?
Thanks! Maybe it is the software I'm using? No free, but developed specifically for radio and podcast editing rather than music, and called Hindenburg.
Mirja

Post by Mirja »

Can I have section 15?

And I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Thanks!

Mirja
Sheldonme

Post by Sheldonme »

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Thank you! Sections 16-18 are assigned to you in the MW. I hope to PL 12-14 today.