COMPLETE [ANTHOLOGY] Library of the World's Best Literature, Ancient and Modern, volume 13 - Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

ADKreader1122 wrote: September 8th, 2021, 7:36 am Hi Leni,
I'm away from home until this weekend-internet is slow/spotty-so I will pick up PL duties later this week.

Thanks,
Lora
That's fine, Lora. Thanks for letting us know.
Leni
=================
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

Hi Leni, hi Lora, thanks again for letting me play! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/worldsbestliterature13_28_various_128kb.mp3

35mm 55 ss

Warmly,
Linda
What is laughter? It is the glorious sound of a soul waking up. -- Hafez
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

Hello again,

I'd like to record the Story of Setna, section 21 please. Thanks!

Linda
What is laughter? It is the glorious sound of a soul waking up. -- Hafez
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

I would like to contribute to this project. I would like to claim the following two sections:

21 The Story of Setna, an Egyptian Story Link to text 5269 words Open
22 The Stela of Piankhy, an Egyptian Inscription Link to text 6737 words Open

Thank you,
Kerry Adams
yourbookvoice
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Sonrisaj wrote: September 9th, 2021, 8:56 pm Hello again,

I'd like to record the Story of Setna, section 21 please. Thanks!

Linda
Thank you, Linda. Section assigned.
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

yourbookvoice wrote: September 9th, 2021, 11:02 pm I would like to contribute to this project. I would like to claim the following two sections:

Thank you,
Kerry Adams
yourbookvoice
Hello, Kerry, and welcome to the project! Unfortunately, another reader had claimed section 21 less than 3 hours before you, and I hadn't had the chance to update the window yet. But section 22 is still open, so I will go ahead and assign that one to you, ok? Thank you!
Leni
=================
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

Leni wrote: September 10th, 2021, 7:18 am
yourbookvoice wrote: September 9th, 2021, 11:02 pm I would like to contribute to this project. I would like to claim the following two sections:

Thank you,
Kerry Adams
yourbookvoice
Hello, Kerry, and welcome to the project! Unfortunately, another reader had claimed section 21 less than 3 hours before you, and I hadn't had the chance to update the window yet. But section 22 is still open, so I will go ahead and assign that one to you, ok? Thank you!
Thank you Leni,
I look forward to participating in this project and hope that I can make worthy contribution. I look forward to reading The Stela of Pianky, an Egyptian Inscription.
Regards,
Kerry Adams
yourbookvoice
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

yourbookvoice wrote: September 10th, 2021, 7:53 am
Leni wrote: September 10th, 2021, 7:18 am

Thank you,
Kerry Adams
yourbookvoice
Thank you Leni,
I look forward to participating in this project and hope that I can make worthy contribution. I look forward to reading The Stela of Pianky, an Egyptian Inscription.
Regards,
Kerry Adams
yourbookvoice
Hi Leni,

Just a point of information and seeking clarification. When I used the link provided in the magic window for section 22 - The Stela of Piankhy, it takes me to a whole series of footnotes. The page I open to commences with footnote 103, which is linked to text much further above, and is consistent with what I believe is Section 22, which contains footnotes 103-170. When I scroll down from these footnotes to the next readable text, I find the following title: JOSEPH VON EICHENDORFF (1788-1857). When I scroll up from the footnotes, I come to text that appears to be Egyptian poetry or funerary texts.

I previously found what I believe is Section 22, while previewing Section 21 the Story of Setna, and then scrolling down from there to The Stela of Piankhy. That is the section I have copied for my narration editing. I believe it begins on the middle of Pg 5274 through Pg 5290, ending above a section entitled EGYPTIAN FUNERAL FEAST. My pre-edit word count of the selected text is 5,635.

However, as I read through the footnotes, I find that the translator, the esteemed Egyptologist, F. Ll. Griffith, made considerable commentary and clarifying notes that add immensely to understanding and appreciating the text. Since I am new to this project, should I include these notes in my reading? I'm happy to do so, and at this point believe that they can be incorporated without being overly distracting and quite rewarding to the listener. If I do include these illuminating footnotes the pre-edited word count is 6,900.

I do seek your guidance on this.

Kind regards,
Kerry Adams
yourbookvoice
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hello, Kerry, and thanks for asking. The link was a mistake on my part - even though I can see why I made that mistake, considering Gutenberg set no link to the real beginning of the text, which, as you rightly point out, is on page 5274. So, you got the text right.

As to the footnotes: the general guidance I follow regarding them is - if they would be useful to the listener, yes, please, read them! I did consider them, which is why my wordcount is similar to the one you have for the whole thing with footnotes (but please do not read the image caption). So, any footnotes which seem to you to be useful for the listener should be included. Any footnotes not as useful, as, for example, if there are any which just give a bibliographical reference, then, they can be safely skipped. Usually the footnote is read with a different inflection of the voice or, if you prefer, you denote them by saying [footnote] then reading the text then adding [end of footnote]. Provided it is clear for the reader, that is fine. :)
Leni
=================
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

Leni wrote: September 10th, 2021, 2:28 pm Hello, Kerry, and thanks for asking. The link was a mistake on my part - even though I can see why I made that mistake, considering Gutenberg set no link to the real beginning of the text, which, as you rightly point out, is on page 5274. So, you got the text right.

As to the footnotes: the general guidance I follow regarding them is - if they would be useful to the listener, yes, please, read them! I did consider them, which is why my wordcount is similar to the one you have for the whole thing with footnotes (but please do not read the image caption). So, any footnotes which seem to you to be useful for the listener should be included. Any footnotes not as useful, as, for example, if there are any which just give a bibliographical reference, then, they can be safely skipped. Usually the footnote is read with a different inflection of the voice or, if you prefer, you denote them by saying [footnote] then reading the text then adding [end of footnote]. Provided it is clear for the reader, that is fine. :)

Thank you so much for your response, it gives me clear direction on how to tackle this reading selection.
Take care and be of good cheer.
Kerry
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Section 15 has been orphaned today.
Leni
=================
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

Leni wrote: September 14th, 2021, 7:17 am Section 15 has been orphaned today.
Hi Leni,

I would like to claim Section 15:
15 Roger Williams, the Prophet of Religious Freedom by Edward Eggleston Link to text 4164 words. Please read the biography and the excerpt. Ope

Kind regards,
Kerry Adams
yourbookvoice
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks, Kerry. Section assigned.
Leni
=================
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

Leni wrote: September 14th, 2021, 6:06 pm Thanks, Kerry. Section assigned.
Thank you, I am looking forward to this . Be of good cheer.
Kerry
docdlmartin

Post by docdlmartin »

May I claim section 10?