COMPLETE: How To Have Bird Neighbors, by S. Louise Patteson -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

mleigh wrote: July 13th, 2021, 6:26 pm Chapter 1 is now posted for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdneighbors_01_patteson_128kb.mp3
17:57

Thanks,

M
M.

What a delightful rendition. I throughly enjoyed it. :D

Section 1 is PLOK :thumbs:

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

jenno wrote: July 8th, 2021, 4:22 pm Might I claim section 5 please?

Jennifer
Jennifer,

Great reading. I enjoyed in immensely. :D

Section 5 definitely PLOK :thumbs:

Wayne

P.S. I listened to the recording before noting where you were from, and I could have sworn you were from England, rather than NSW. I was trying to place where in England you were from. Now I know why I couldn't. I enjoyed the accent.
Wayne
jenno

Post by jenno »

Yes you guessed correctly.

England originally - Oxford - tho many years ago hence the slight Aussie twang that I can hear in my recordings !

Jennifer
tcjsavannah

Post by tcjsavannah »

I would like to claim section 3, please.

-- Chad
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Kalamareader wrote: July 13th, 2021, 8:20 pm
mleigh wrote: July 13th, 2021, 6:26 pm Chapter 1 is now posted for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdneighbors_01_patteson_128kb.mp3
17:57

Thanks,

M
M.

What a delightful rendition. I throughly enjoyed it. :D

Section 1 is PLOK :thumbs:

Wayne
Thank you.

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

tcjsavannah wrote: July 14th, 2021, 5:25 am I would like to claim section 3, please.

-- Chad
It is all yours.

Thank you and enjoy.

M
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Everyone,

Just to insert a little comment here. As I was listening to these, a short story came back to remembrance that I had recorded for LV about a year ago. I thought it may be a cute little story that those who find pleasure in reading this book might enjoy.

https://ia803203.us.archive.org/6/items/ss088_2006_librivox/ss088_12_various_128kb.mp3

Wayne
Wayne
hcshea99

Post by hcshea99 »

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

hcshea99 wrote: July 15th, 2021, 10:31 am Apologies! Hopefully this is correct:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdneighbors_02_patteson_128kb.mp3

Duration 10.38
Hannah,

What a great first recording. Your voice in pleasant to listen to and you read very well.

As usually happens, there are a few things that you should look at:

At The beginning, please leave only .5 to 1 second of silence, you have a little over 13. We don't want people who download this to wonder if something is wrong, and there is no recording, and shut it off before you start.

2:02 Sometimes he alighted higher up and came down cat-fashion, You left out the word up.

3:09 Oops. You missed the following sentence. “ And downy had good eating manners. He never hurried, never fidgeted. Sometimes he stayed twenty minutes at a meal and ate slowly and quietly, like a well-bred person.” It is between the pictures “The winter birds like Peanuts and suet” and “Wen I did not have peanuts I gave the Nuthatch doughnuts” . It is on Page 14.

5:03 Even after all the peanuts were moved to his tree, You said those

6:13.5 Should we not remember to give them a treat once in a while I didn't hear the word Should

And since you are going to be in fixing the above stuff, could you take a little over a second off if the end. LV tries to have five seconds of silence at the end.

One little hint that can make correcting the recording sooooo much easier, start with the last correction and work forward towards the beginning of the recording, that way the 'time stamps' will remain correct.

And as a comment, the above number of corrections is not unusual. Keep up the good work. Just make the corrections and post the new recording here in the Forum, and I will have another listen to it and, I am sure, will find it just fine.

Wayne
Wayne
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

May I claim Sections 11 and 12?
Tina
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

TrLove wrote: July 15th, 2021, 9:11 pm May I claim Sections 11 and 12?
Tina
Most certainly. :)

Thank you for volunteering.

M

Hope you enjoy them.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Kalamareader wrote: July 15th, 2021, 2:47 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdneighbors_02_patteson_128kb.mp3

Duration 10.38
Hannah,

What a great first recording. Your voice in pleasant to listen to and you read very well.

At The beginning, please leave only .5 to 1 second of silence, you have a little over 13. We don't want people who download this to wonder if something is wrong, and there is no recording, and shut it off before you start.

2:02 Sometimes he alighted higher up and came down cat-fashion, You left out the word up.

3:09 Oops. You missed the following sentence. “ And downy had good eating manners. He never hurried, never fidgeted. Sometimes he stayed twenty minutes at a meal and ate slowly and quietly, like a well-bred person.” It is between the pictures “The winter birds like Peanuts and suet” and “Wen I did not have peanuts I gave the Nuthatch doughnuts” . It is on Page 14.

6:13.5 Should we not remember to give them a treat once in a while I didn't hear the word Should

And since you are going to be in fixing the above stuff, could you take a little over a second off if the end. LV tries to have five seconds of silence at the end.

One little hint that can make correcting the recording sooooo much easier, start with the last correction and work forward towards the beginning of the recording, that way the 'time stamps' will remain correct.

And as a comment, the above number of corrections is not unusual. Keep up the good work. Just make the corrections and post the new recording here in the Forum, and I will have another listen to it and, I am sure, will find it just fine.

Wayne
Thank you for your PL before I got it in the MW. :)
Sorry I was so slow about that.

M
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

mleigh wrote: July 16th, 2021, 7:20 pm
Kalamareader wrote: July 15th, 2021, 2:47 pm

Duration 10.38
Hannah,

Wayne
Thank you for your PL before I got it in the MW. :)
Sorry I was so slow about that.

M
Not to worry. :D

Wayne
Wayne
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

hcshea99

Post by hcshea99 »

Duration: 10:35

Thank you for being so patient as I figure this out for the first time! I corrected at all of the timestamps and fixed the silences. Hopefully this time everything is up to scratch