[COMPLETE] On The Various Forces of Nature - availlle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

In lieu of 10, I would like to claim Section 7.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: June 6th, 2021, 9:37 pm In lieu of 10, I would like to claim Section 7.
It's yours, Michele.
I'm sure you'll do a fine job.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Let's move over to "Readers Wanted". Let me know when you find a DPL.

Good luck with it! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Availle wrote: June 7th, 2021, 5:05 pm Let's move over to "Readers Wanted". Let me know when you find a DPL.

Good luck with it! :D
Thank YOU!
I guess I, myself, am going to be the DPL.
These two Faraday books are not "monsters", so I'll take them under my wing.

I have two books on Samoa that I'd like to get started, too, but I think that would be too much at one time.

Thank you again, Ava.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

alright, I'll put you in then. Note that you cannot PL your own sections. :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Availle wrote: June 7th, 2021, 6:16 pm alright, I'll put you in then. Note that you cannot PL your own sections. :wink:
Ja ja. Das geht ohne sagen. Das würde schlimme Dinge nur noch schlimmer machen.

Thanks again.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
sanjayparikh

Post by sanjayparikh »

I would like to claim sections 3 and 4.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

sanjayparikh wrote: June 7th, 2021, 11:05 pm I would like to claim sections 3 and 4.
Thank you for participating in this project Sanjay.
Let me know about your experience of reading the prose of Faraday. I, myself, initially found it often difficult to make sense of. What we are given here as Faraday's words are actually the edited transcript of his lectures taken in short-hand by someone in the audience. Your precise enunciation and even pace will be good for this project.
Sections 3 and 4 are yours!
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
sanjayparikh

Post by sanjayparikh »

williamjones wrote: June 8th, 2021, 6:10 am
sanjayparikh wrote: June 7th, 2021, 11:05 pm I would like to claim sections 3 and 4.
Thank you for participating in this project Sanjay.
Let me know about your experience of reading the prose of Faraday. I, myself, initially found it often difficult to make sense of. What we are given here as Faraday's words are actually the edited transcript of his lectures taken in short-hand by someone in the audience. Your precise enunciation and even pace will be good for this project.
Sections 3 and 4 are yours!
Thanks. I will definitely share my feedback. I have been a physics buff through school and college and therefore am looking forward to this.
bhanups1991

Post by bhanups1991 »

Hi

I'd like to read/record section 9: Lecture 6 Correlation of the Physical Forces.

Thanks
bhanu
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

bhanups1991 wrote: June 8th, 2021, 12:32 pm Hi

I'd like to read/record section 9: Lecture 6 Correlation of the Physical Forces.

Thanks
Hello Bhanu,
I've looked through the sequence of your Librivox messages concerning the 1-minute test. The latest test audio sounds pretty good...technically. However, when I ran it through the free Checker.exe program (you can find where to download it onto your machine in the "Recording for Newbies" document in Librivox) it displayed these results explaining the file's failure:

The sampling rate should be 44.1 kHz (44,100 Hz).
The volume falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB).

I'm sure you'll have no problem sorting out this problem in the Audacity settings.

However, I found a couple of problems with your accent. Almost every sound is easily understandable to an English speakers' ears, except for "TH" and "V". The former is clearly (to my ears!) heard as a hard "T" as in "Tom" and the latter as a "W" as in "Water". It would be good if you could work on these fricative sounds before taking on a demanding recording of a generally scientific work. As msfry suggested, try some of the sections in short-form projects such as "weekly poetry" or "Short Stories", etc.

I will save section 9 for you for 2 weeks. Hopefully those English sounds in your accent can be tamed by then. I will then happily assign Section 9 to you then.

Thank you very much for offering your talents to this project.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
bhanups1991

Post by bhanups1991 »

williamjones wrote: June 8th, 2021, 4:35 pm
bhanups1991 wrote: June 8th, 2021, 12:32 pm Hi

Thanks
Hello Bhanu,
I've looked through the sequence of your Librivox messages concerning the 1-minute test. The latest test audio sounds pretty good...technically. However, when I ran it through the free Checker.exe program (you can find where to download it onto your machine in the "Recording for Newbies" document in Librivox) it displayed these results explaining the file's failure:

The sampling rate should be 44.1 kHz (44,100 Hz).
The volume falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB).

I'm sure you'll have no problem sorting out this problem in the Audacity settings.

However, I found a couple of problems with your accent. Almost every sound is easily understandable to an English speakers' ears, except for "TH" and "V". The former is clearly (to my ears!) heard as a hard "T" as in "Tom" and the latter as a "W" as in "Water". It would be good if you could work on these fricative sounds before taking on a demanding recording of a generally scientific work. As msfry suggested, try some of the sections in short-form projects such as "weekly poetry" or "Short Stories", etc.

I will save section 9 for you for 2 weeks. Hopefully those English sounds in your accent can be tamed by then. I will then happily assign Section 9 to you then.

Thank you very much for offering your talents to this project.
Thanks a lot for your review and feedback. Much appreciated.
Let me work on the short-form projects as you said, maybe that'll bring out some change.
Thank you once again to save section 9 for me. Let me post a reply here after 2 weeks.

Thanks
bhanu
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Section 8 - Electricity
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/forcesofnature_08_faraday_128kb.mp3
23:56.89

Sounds like his lectures were a hoot, and he clearly knew his audience; imagine a classroom full of young adult males and the prof setting off a blast of gunpowder!
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Owlivia wrote: June 9th, 2021, 8:18 pm Section 8 - Electricity

Sounds like his lectures were a hoot, and he clearly knew his audience; imagine a classroom full of young adult males and the prof setting off a blast of gunpowder!
Thank you, Deborah.
Will PL your file today.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Owlivia wrote: June 9th, 2021, 8:18 pm Section 8 - Electricity

PL Notes for Section 08:
Owlivia/Deborah your recitation on Electricity was superb. Please take on more sections of this topic. E.g., section 9, the continuation of this section.

This section is PL OK OK OK OK!

Nota bene: the volume could have been a bit louder. Checker shows the volume at 87.4 and the Librivox target is 89.0. Keep this in mind for your future recitations. Nothing further need be done with this section... leave it as it is, which is most excellent.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison