Complete[FICTION] GROUP: Jean-Christophe In Paris by Romain Rolland-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Jean-Christophe In Paris, by Romain Rolland (1866 - 1944), translated by Gilbert Cannan (1884 - 1955)

Volunteers outside the USA: Gilbert Cannan died in 1955. This person's work may still be protected by copyright in countries where copyright duration is determined by the author's death date. In Europe this is 70 years; in Canada it is 50 years; and in Australia it is 70 years for authors who died after 1955.
After fleeing to Paris, Jean-Christophe finds himself in great financial difficulty and takes up music teaching in wealthy families. As for his career as a composer, his naiveté brings him quite a few setbacks and attracts much bitter criticism, but his music is nonetheless increasingly praised. He also finds himself a true friend, whose friendship remains a strong pillar of support as our hero goes through one trial of life after another. (Summary by Cao Yuqing)

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/jean-christophe-in-paris-by-romain-rolland/

Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/8149

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: Fictional Biographies & Memoirs

Keywords that describe the book: music, Nobel Prize, humanism, heroism, Romain Rolland

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section # of Jean-Christophe In Paris. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Jean-Christophe In Paris, by Romain Rolland, translated by Gilbert Cannan. Book Title, Chapter #, Part #."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Jean-Christophe In Paris, by Romain Rolland, translated by Gilbert Cannan."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: jeanchristopheinparis_##_rolland_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. jeanchristopheinparis_01_rolland_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: alg1001

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.

Last edited by YuqingJune on August 30th, 2022, 11:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi,
I will MC this for you tentatively. We are just checking on a few things. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

alg1001 wrote: May 30th, 2021, 5:45 pm Hi,
I will MC this for you tentatively. We are just checking on a few things. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks!
-Amy
Many thanks, Amy! :thumbs:
Cheers,
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Okay, the mw is up now.
Thanks!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

alg1001 wrote: May 30th, 2021, 8:45 pm Okay, the mw is up now.
Thanks!
-Amy
Hi Amy! I've prepared the MW.

Before our project gets moved to Readers Wanted, could you help me delete sections 43-55?
Thank you!
Cheers,
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Yuqing,
The sections are deleted now. I'll move you to Readers Wanted.
Thanks!
-Amy
Cheops911

Post by Cheops911 »

I'd be happy to DPL this project
"I've always talked to myself, now I just hit record beforehand..."
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Cheops911 wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 4:38 am I'd be happy to DPL this project
Greak, thank you! I'll update the first post shortly :thumbs:
Cheers,
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Cheops is added as DPL. :)
AfridaIslam

Post by AfridaIslam »

𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚟𝚘𝚕𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜
AfridaIslam

Post by AfridaIslam »

𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

AfridaIslam wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 9:29 am 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎
Hi there! As I've said to you in my other BC project, thanks for expressing your interest.
Can you submit your 1-minute test in the Listeners Forum first? This is just to make sure your settings are fine.
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording
Once you get a green light for your test, you're good to go!

Let me know if you would like to reserve a section for you for the time being (and which one in exact).
You may wanna look through our librivox wiki about how it all works here - usually if it's not a solo project, readers claim only a few sections at a time so that they can submit them by the two-month deadline.
Cheers,
shadow131318

Post by shadow131318 »

I would like to start with this section

THE MARKET-PLACE, I, part 1
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

shadow131318 wrote: August 7th, 2021, 1:18 pm I would like to start with this section

THE MARKET-PLACE, I, part 1
Hi! This is not our first encounter already, and I couldn't allow you to proceed last time because of the same requirement: can you kindly submit your 1-minute test in the Listeners Forum first? This is just to make sure your settings are fine.
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording
Once you get a green light for your test, you're good to go!

You can reply to this post once that is cleared; I'll assign you to section 01 immediately afterwards.
Thanks!
Cheers,
shadow131318

Post by shadow131318 »

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=88593

I just submitted my recording, please leave a feedback for it.