COMPLETE Unvarnished Tales, William Mackay - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Unvarnished Tales, by William Mackay (1846 - )

This project is complete and all audio files can be found in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/unvarnished-tales/

This book is a short selection of varied fictional tales. They must have been what the author wished for them to be & certainly perfect for the time in which they were written.
(Summary by April Reynolds )
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/52029

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section # of Unvarnished Tales. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Unvarnished Tales, by William Mackay. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Unvarnished Tales, by William Mackay."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: unvarnishedtales_##_mackay_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. unvarnishedtales_01_mackay_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: Rapunzelina

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by adr6090 on May 22nd, 2021, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello to my current MC.
I plan on being the bc and dpler for this project once the MC is present.
I am not certain on the birth and death dates as I can not seem to find information on the author. I do wonder if possibly his middle name could be William or perhaps "William Mackay" might be a pseudonym? :hmm:
April
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi April! Let me MC this project for you. I'll go set it up.

We'll see if more information on the author comes up during the project, but for now we're fine! What are the chances he lived more than 104 years...
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Magic Window is in place! You should have access to fill in the titles etc, but let me know if not. :)
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Rapunzelina wrote: May 20th, 2021, 1:38 pm Hi April! Let me MC this project for you. I'll go set it up.

We'll see if more information on the author comes up during the project, but for now we're fine! What are the odds he lived more than 104 years...
Hello,
Thank you for setting up this projects' mw. I feel the need to mention that when I thought I had this item in the new projects launch pad yesterday, I was missing the crazy string of letter/numbers that were necessary. The wonderful lady, Tricia from Canada mentioned that to me, she did not mention her wishing to BC this project. Supposing that role is still available, thank you much.
April
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Hi, April! I'm okay not MC'ing this. Life is a bit busy right now. I had posted in the other thread so that you were aware that you needed to finish off the template. :)

No worries. Have fun in this project!
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

TriciaG wrote: May 21st, 2021, 5:24 am Hi, April! I'm okay not MC'ing this. Life is a bit busy right now. I had posted in the other thread so that you were aware that you needed to finish off the template. :)

No worries. Have fun in this project!
I had hoped I was correct in my thoughts that you do have other items on your plate and you were just being a kind soul with your comment. :clap:
Good day to you and thanks for the comment.
April
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I have now moved us to Readers Wanted!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Rapunzelina wrote: May 21st, 2021, 11:42 am I have now moved us to Readers Wanted!
:thumbs:
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

adr6090 wrote: May 21st, 2021, 11:48 am
Rapunzelina wrote: May 21st, 2021, 11:42 am I have now moved us to Readers Wanted!
:thumbs:
I have posted the summary as I recorded the first section so now I feel better able to know if these tales are fiction or not. I will edit and post hoping possibly you will pl my sections for me. :mrgreen:
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unvarnishedtales_01_mackay_128kb.mp3 time 11:14

Here is section 01. I am hoping that having this section posted once it is pl okay will get others interested enough to claim sections.
April
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I will be able to PL your section, but don't forget to enter it in the Magic Window :)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Your section 1 is PL OK :thumbs:
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Rapunzelina wrote: May 25th, 2021, 12:15 pm I will be able to PL your section, but don't forget to enter it in the Magic Window :)
Thank you & though I did forget to put section 01 on the mw, I will remember for my next one.
April
missjess042

Post by missjess042 »

Hello :) I would like to claim "The Devil's Playthings" Section 20- I am new here so please let me know if I didn't do this correctly, I'm learning :) Thank you!