[COMPLETE] The Centaurians by Biagi - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gyllila

Post by gyllila »

Ok, I see, you have already updated the opening post, then I will skip this step. ;)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

gyllila wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 2:18 pm I have no access to gutenberg here, but I can add the link to the opening post so that others, who have access, can use this link and possibly get more motivated to read.
oh, I hadn't thought of that. I'm sorry! I've added the hathitrust link, too, but I couldn't find the original one, if you'd like to change it. :D
gyllila

Post by gyllila »

Rapunzelina wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 2:40 pm I've added the hathitrust link, too, but I couldn't find the original one, if you'd like to change it. :D
I think it’s the original one, full text can be accessed through a link on this information page. I’m not sure if I directly placed the full text link in the opening post originally, anyway I prefer now to link the information page just as you did, so that potential readers from my location can first get some background information before reading. :D
EmberLin

Post by EmberLin »

Hey there! Thank you for putting this together. :)

I’m brand new to Librivox, but I would like to give Chapter 3 a shot if I may?
gyllila

Post by gyllila »

EmberLin wrote: June 4th, 2021, 12:11 pm Hey there! Thank you for putting this together. :)

Welcome to our project! :clap:

As I see, you have yet to take the 1-minute test, as we all did when we first volunteered on LibriVox. Here is the link to the test:

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

As soon as you get Ok from LibriVox, just let us know, so that we can assign you to chapter 3. ;)

See you soon! :D
EmberLin

Post by EmberLin »

gyllila wrote: June 4th, 2021, 4:21 pm
EmberLin wrote: June 4th, 2021, 12:11 pm Hey there! Thank you for putting this together. :)

As I see, you have yet to take the 1-minute test, as we all did when we first volunteered on LibriVox. Here is the link to the test:

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

As soon as you get Ok from LibriVox, just let us know, so that we can assign you to chapter 3. ;)

See you soon! :D
Awesome, thank you so much for your help! I have submitted my 1 minute test here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=87705

Can't wait to get started!

Edit: Got the okay to go! :)
gyllila

Post by gyllila »

EmberLin wrote: June 6th, 2021, 3:36 pm
Awesome, thank you so much for your help! I have submitted my 1 minute test here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=87705

Can't wait to get started!

Edit: Got the okay to go! :)
Great! :clap:

Now chapter 3 is yours. ;)
EmberLin

Post by EmberLin »

:9: Awesome, thanks! I’ll get started tonight.
PQuesoLoco

Post by PQuesoLoco »

hello I would like to submit my test sample and hopefully read for chapter 4 of this book. this is my first time using this site and appreciate any constructive criticism you may have. :help:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/test_pquesoloco.mp3
gyllila

Post by gyllila »

PQuesoLoco wrote: June 7th, 2021, 12:48 pm hello I would like to submit my test sample and hopefully read for chapter 4 of this book. this is my first time using this site and appreciate any constructive criticism you may have. :help:
It sounds great! :thumbs:

Chapter 4 is now yours. ;)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi pquesoloco! Welcome to Librivox and to this project! :clap:
Your volume and sound quality are great!
There's an issue with bit rate. It needs to be set to 128 kbps Constant. If you are using Audacity, you can set that when exporting as mp3. Check the format options in the Export Window, and choose "Constant" for Bit Rate Mode, and "128 kbps" for Quality. Then click Save to export and Audacity should keep these settings for all future exports. When ready, please upload a new file to check again and make sure it's all set correctly :)
MichaelCarter

Post by MichaelCarter »

hello,

May i claim chapter V if it is still available? :D
gyllila

Post by gyllila »

MichaelCarter wrote: June 7th, 2021, 3:53 pm hello,

May i claim chapter V if it is still available? :D

Now chapter V is yours :D and don’t forget the tech specs in your 1-minute test thread when recording. ;)
PQuesoLoco

Post by PQuesoLoco »

Rapunzelina wrote: June 7th, 2021, 1:07 pm Hi pquesoloco! Welcome to Librivox and to this project! :clap:
Your volume and sound quality are great!
There's an issue with bit rate. It needs to be set to 128 kbps Constant. If you are using Audacity, you can set that when exporting as mp3. Check the format options in the Export Window, and choose "Constant" for Bit Rate Mode, and "128 kbps" for Quality. Then click Save to export and Audacity should keep these settings for all future exports. When ready, please upload a new file to check again and make sure it's all set correctly :)
Thank you for getting back to me so soon, I'm changing it now to resubmit
PQuesoLoco

Post by PQuesoLoco »

here is the test sample with the correct bit rate of 128 kps :D

hopefully I can still do chapter 4 :D