[COMPLETE] The Rainbow Book by Mabel Henrietta Spielmann - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow. That looks marvelous, thank you. We can move to readers wanted.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Readers Wanted, here we come :)
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Here is Chapter IV, recorded and edited to the best of my ability. What fun! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/Chapter_IV_The_Rainbow_Book_final_edit.mp3
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

brownrottger wrote: May 13th, 2021, 8:59 pm Here is Chapter IV, recorded and edited to the best of my ability. What fun! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/Chapter_IV_The_Rainbow_Book_final_edit.mp3
Thanks a lot. But what is the duration of chapter 4?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

What a fast turn-around Christine! Congrats on your first Librivox recording! :clap:

I have some feedback, but please fix whatever you feel comfortable with, or please ask for guidance if needed

In the intro, I would suggest also adding the story's title with the chapter (because later on, there are more stories): at 0:16 "Adventures in Wizard-land: Chapter 4, The Lost Catseye", instead of just "Chapter 4, The Lost Catseye"

At 3:50, missing a sentence, here in bold: "and pick it up. Dulcie recognised at once the curious colouring of a catseye. She glanced at the bracelet"

The reading itself is nicely expressive and very pleasant to listen to, but I think that the absence of pauses make it hard to keep up with it sometimes.

About filenames, each project has a set format. For this project it's rainbowbook_##_spielmann_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (for this section: rainbowbook_04_spielmann_128kb )

I got the file at duration 24:10
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi, I inserted the two pieces you asked for and edited to insert pauses as best I could. Uploaded as rainbowbook_04_spielmann_128kb. Is this ok?
KateTk

Post by KateTk »

Hi Stav,

May I please have chapters 9, 10, and 11?
Kate
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

brownrottger wrote: May 14th, 2021, 7:10 pm Hi, I inserted the two pieces you asked for and edited to insert pauses as best I could. Uploaded as rainbowbook_04_spielmann_128kb. Is this ok?

Please provide the link if you can.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

KateTk wrote: May 14th, 2021, 9:39 pm Hi Stav,

May I please have chapters 9, 10, and 11?

Hi Kate, welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Sure, chapters 9-11 are all yours. Have a lot of fun.
Stav.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

sorry. I uploaded again so here is the link https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rainbowbook_04_spielmann_128kb.mp3 Let me know if that works
VelmaCariss

Post by VelmaCariss »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you both.
KateTk

Post by KateTk »

Hi Stav,

This is section 9
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rainbowbook_09_spielmann_128kb.mp3 (17:37)

I hope my reading is acceptable.
Kate
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

KateTk wrote: May 16th, 2021, 1:04 am Hi Stav,

This is section 9
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rainbowbook_09_spielmann_128kb.mp3 (17:37)

I hope my reading is acceptable.

Huge thanks.