(Complete) Percy Wynn or Making a Boy of Him by Francis J. Finn, SJ - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Percy Wynn, or Making a Boy of Him, by Francis J. Finn (1859 - 1928)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/percy-wynn-by-francis-j-finn/
In this volume, which follows the author's popular book "Tom Playfair", a new boy is just arriving at St. Maure's boarding school. Percy Wynn has grown up as the only boy in a family of 10 girls. He has never played with boys before, and no one looking at him for a moment would hesitate to set him down as "Mamma's darling". Tom and his friends befriend Percy, and attempt to repair his formal manners, and "make a boy of him". (Summary by Maria Therese)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/percywynnmaking00finn/page/n3/mode/2up

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Chapter # of Percy Wynn, or Making a Boy of Him. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Percy Wynn, or Making a Boy of Him, by Francis J. Finn. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of chapter #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Percy Wynn, or Making a Boy of Him, by Francis J. Finn."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: percywynn_##_finn_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. percywynn_01_finn_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: m8b1

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Over to Readers Wanted..........
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Katharina21

Post by Katharina21 »

I'd like to read chapter 1 please.

Katharina
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Katharina21 wrote: May 7th, 2021, 7:25 am I'd like to read chapter 1 please.

Katharina
Thank you, Katharina ~ all yours!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
buggy

Post by buggy »

Id like to read chapters 2 and 3
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

buggy wrote: May 7th, 2021, 8:51 am Id like to read chapters 2 and 3
Hi,

Welcome to LibriVox! Chapters 2 and 3 are all yours! Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. It can be your real name, forum name, or a pseudonym ~ whatever you prefer.

Also, since this is your first recording, we ask that you send in a 1-minute test recording. This is not an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. Please go to https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test to find out what to record for your 1-minute test, and how to upload the recording. In the LibriVox Uploader, please select 'tests - tests' from the MC drop-down, and then post your test recording in the Listeners Wanted forum, rather than in this thread - you'll get feedback more quickly there.

Thanks, and have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Hi Maria

24 & 25 please
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

johnb2 wrote: May 7th, 2021, 10:08 am Hi Maria

24 & 25 please
All yours! Thanks, John!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
AracelyM03

Post by AracelyM03 »

Id like to take chapter 4 and 9!
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

AracelyM03 wrote: May 12th, 2021, 2:19 pm Id like to take chapter 4 and 9!
Hi,

Welcome to Librivox! 4 and 9 are all yours!

Make sure you get an okay on your test before jumping into these! :-)

Also, please tell me what name you would like to use for your catalog page. It can be your real name, forum name, or a pseudonym ~ whatever you prefer!

Thanks, and have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
MarcTheReader

Post by MarcTheReader »

Hello! I'd like chapters 5 and 6 if possible.
Also a question: how long should my 1 minute test be up before I get worried that it might be skipped? I've had mine up 4 days and got feedback for my first test but not on my second try. I've just been researching recording techniques in the mean-time.
“Beware the man of a single book.”
― St. Thomas Aquinas
Katharina21

Post by Katharina21 »

Here is section 1, 16 min 37 sec

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/percywynn_01_finn_128kb.mp3

Katharina
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

MarcTheReader wrote: May 12th, 2021, 9:25 pm Hello! I'd like chapters 5 and 6 if possible.
Also a question: how long should my 1 minute test be up before I get worried that it might be skipped? I've had mine up 4 days and got feedback for my first test but not on my second try. I've just been researching recording techniques in the mean-time.
Hi Marc,

Welcome to Librivox! 5 and 6 are all yours!

It looks like you got an okay on your test! :thumbs:

Please let me know what name you would like to use for your catalog page. It can be your real name, forum name, or a pseudonym ~ whatever you prefer!

Thanks, and have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Katharina21

Post by Katharina21 »

I'm enjoying this book and would like to read ch 7 and 8 please

Katharina
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team