[COMPLETE] Ideala by Sarah Grand - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WildShimmeringPath

Post by WildShimmeringPath »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi, how are you? Thanks for the chapters, but I think the file names are wrong.
it should be:
idealla_04_grant_128kb.mp3
please look at the first post.
I will advertise for a dpl.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
WildShimmeringPath

Hi, I'm good. Wrapping my head around the whole process, thankful for opportunity to learn here. Trying to find the right volumes..consistency and a balance between recording and editing. I'm totally open to feedback. Should I repost the files with correct titles or do it that way moving forward?
Regards
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

WildShimmeringPath wrote: May 25th, 2021, 10:14 am I hope I did this right. First time uploading here.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ideala_chapter3.mp3 05:03
While we're waiting for a Proof-Listener, I thought I'd check your chapter 3 since it's short, as I'm sure you're anxious for some feedback. :D
First of all, congratulations on your first Librivox recording and may there be many more! :clap:
I find the reading style you're using, perfect for this novel. Nice, flowing, clear reading.
There is the slightest background white noise. If you're using Audacity, you could try its noise reduction feature to see if it sounds better to your ears. I use earphones when listening. Here's more info on noise reduction: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Noisecleaning_With_Pics#Clean_up_the_Noise:_Audacity_versions_from_2.1.0
Basically it's a two-step process. First you choose a short segment with the background noise only (no speech) to "Noise Sample", and then you perform the noise reduction to the whole of the recording. Your background noise is low so noise reduction is optional, but if you choose to try, I would suggest these lighter settings:
Noise Reduction (db): 10
Sensitivity: 3
Frequency smoothing: 2

Another thing to be more mindful about are the starting and ending silences. Leave about 1 second of silence at the beginning, and about 5 seconds at the end.
And one last thing, about the intro, you'll need to add the Section title just after the book title, so that would be "Ideala, by Sarah Grand. Chapter 3." and then the main text.

Please ask if something is unclear, or go ahead and re-upload your recording with the correct filename when you're ready with the edits.

You can also wait for any PL notes on Chapter 4 before fixing that filename.
missjess042

Post by missjess042 »

Hello! I would like to claim Ch 10 please. I am working on my 1 minute test and will have it finished by next week. Would that be possible to claim pending that? Thank you!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

missjess042 wrote: May 27th, 2021, 8:32 am Hello! I would like to claim Ch 10 please. I am working on my 1 minute test and will have it finished by next week. Would that be possible to claim pending that? Thank you!

Hello, welcome to Librivo.. I hope you will enjoy here. Sure, chapter 10 is all yours. Have fun. Please let us know under which name you would like to be credited in the catalogue. It can be your real name, your forum name, or something else that we choose.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
missjess042

Post by missjess042 »

Thank you! And the name will be Margo Brialis.
WildShimmeringPath

Greetings,
Thanks for input! I have made the changes you told me to and noise reduction is goooood. Here are three chapters.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ideala_03_grant_128kb.mp3 04:29
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ideala_04_grant_128kb.mp3 16:19
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ideala_05_grant_128kb.mp3 04:03
JoMarch2021

Post by JoMarch2021 »

miss stav wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 8:44 pm
JoMarch2021 wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 8:28 pm Hi! My name is Taylor! I was involved in the production of T. Tembarom. I would love to take chapter 6-9 if that is all right with you!

Hi Taylor, welcome to this project. 6-9 are all yours. Have fun.
Stav.
Hey, thanks so much! Can't wait to get started!
Trutter00

Post by Trutter00 »

It looks like chapter 2 is still open, so sign me up.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure. Thanks.
WildShimmeringPath

Hi,
Can I have chapters 26,27 and 28? :hmm:
Is it ok to jump ahead like that? I just liked that part.. :clap:
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

WildShimmeringPath wrote: June 1st, 2021, 11:34 pm Hi,
Can I have chapters 26,27 and 28? :hmm:
Is it ok to jump ahead like that? I just liked that part.. :clap:

Sure, have fun.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I feel like we are short on proof-listeners, and I myself have committed to more than I can handle in a timely manner, but if it's ok to respond with a delay, then I'll gladly sign up as the DPL here. I figure better late than never!

I've listened to sections 3-5 and they are PL OK!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure. I myself am the slowest dpl ever when I feel I can commit which is not a lot. So take your time.