[COMPLETE] Ideala by Sarah Grand - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JoMarch2021

Post by JoMarch2021 »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge thanks.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hello Taylor! After checking the recording, I have a few notes on chapter 6:

The volume is lower than desired. You could probably amplify in Audacity. I would suggest the Checker to check volume on your mp3s and adjust if necessary. Or if you're recording in Audacity, you can visually assess your volume; the wave-form should peak just above the 0.5 mark as shown in the picture:

Here's some instruction on amplifying if needed: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Amplifying

When you upload your updated file, please fix the filename to be: ideala_06_grand_128kb.mp3
Basementwall

Post by Basementwall »

I'll add that as someone new to LibriVox but not new to Audacity: it's possible that that one little spike of sound (the vertical line that touches the top and bottom) will keep the amplify effect from working. That's because it will amplify everything you highlight, but if part of it can't go any higher (that one little spike), then NONE of it can go higher, if that makes sense. (I might be seeing it wrong; the spike might just be where the cursor is, so ignore me if that's the case!)

That would give you a few choices. The 2 easiest are probably 1) zoom way in and delete that little spike of sound (probably something you want deleted anyway?) and then run amplify, or 2) try the compressor effect, which I like better than amplify: makes the loud parts quieter and quieter parts louder, and you can run it multiple times until it gives you the right effect.

Sorry to be so man-splainy--just trying to help!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

In the image above, the black vertical line is indeed where the cursor was. But in general what you say makes sense.
Here's a video that applies the compressor to bring down the spikes before amplifying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKYYj6HMZU
VoiceOverMom

Post by VoiceOverMom »

Hi - I would like to claim chapters 11 & 12?
TheThirdDoctorLight

Post by TheThirdDoctorLight »

Can I claim Ch. 13-15?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

VoiceOverMom wrote: June 19th, 2021, 4:33 pm Hi - I would like to claim chapters 11 & 12?
Hello, welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. 11 and 12 are all yours. I see that you submited a one- minute sampal recording, so just let us know under which name you would like to be credited in the catalogue. It can be your real name, your forum name, or something else that you choose.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello, welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. 13- 15 are all yours. Have fun.
Stav.
TheThirdDoctorLight wrote: June 19th, 2021, 6:06 pm Can I claim Ch. 13-15?
VoiceOverMom

Post by VoiceOverMom »

Hi Stav - I think I'll stay with VoiceOverMom :-)
TheThirdDoctorLight

Ch. 13 is uploaded: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ideala_13_grand_128kb.mp3
Catalog name: Alysson Light
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge thanks. But please tell ys the duration of chapter 13.
TheThirdDoctorLight

Whoops! Yes, Ch. 13 is 6:14.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapter 13 is PL OK!
TheThirdDoctorLight