[COMPLETE] Paul Faber, Surgeon by George MacDonald-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Could I claim 33 too!? Thanks!
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

sonjamisko wrote: July 12th, 2021, 6:39 pm Hi, I have just joined librovox, and so am new to the group. I am looking forward to reading since reading aloud is something I enjoy doing. I am interested in this book and would love to read chapters 20, 21, and 22. I have read other works by Goerge Mcdonald, and he is certainly a favorite. Thanks!
Welcome to LibriVox, sonjamisko! I see that this is your first post, so there is one step we need you to do before beginning to record for any projects. Since this step can sometimes take new readers a while to get to (and some never get to it), I've learned to only place a short hold on requested chapters at this stage. If in two weeks I see you are on your way to getting the preliminaries completed, I can extend the hold to our standard 2 months. Also, the whole recording and editing process takes a lot more time than most people expect, so we usually encourage beginners to only claim one chapter at a time. So, don't feel badly saying if this ends up being more than you can complete in 2 months.

First, we need you to record a “1 Minute Test” for review. As LibriVox explains, “This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.” Once that recording has been approved, you are free to come back here and start recording your section! Just ask if you have any questions.

Two more questions for me to be able to place the official holds: Do you have a website you'd like linked to your reader-page? Also, if you would prefer a different name than your forum username to be used for your credits in the catalogue, let me know. Some readers use the same in both places, while others use their real name or a nickname.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Win2017 wrote: July 12th, 2021, 8:35 pm Could I claim 33 too!? Thanks!
Got it!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Readers needed for:
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Hi Hannah,

I just wanted to let you know that I would like to cancel all my claims. I felt off this morning and realized that yesterday was really stressful as God has been bringing out a lot of things in our family; mostly that the men (my dad and brothers) are not fighting the generational sin of our family, them being weak and not leading to deal with the sin. And that us as women get really busy and strong with things to cover for this inadequacy. I'm always trying to be strong and just do the next thing, I'd stopped Librivox a few years ago because that it was actually stopping me from reading books aloud to my sisters and being more present with my family. There's been immense pressure on our farm as we originally moved out here to pioneer from scratch, building up everything, a house and gardens, etc.. so that we can eat our own food and go back to a traditional diet; my dad is an OT and most of his clients and my nephew (and most of us) have weak immune systems due to years of bad food and chemicals sucking all the minerals out of everything. So I see that I was getting impatient and anxious because my dad is being foggy and babyish with helping my brothers as they are now scamming serving their children and the farm is becoming less, I want to manage things, but I can only pray that God would continue to expose and judge all our bad riches, and show the men how to have a real care.

I've just lately been reading about GM's life, as I realized that someone's novels are only fictional at the end of the day. It's interesting that he came from so many different backgrounds and denominations and would have had much to be seeing and talking about just from his own family; instead he chose to write fiction and that God comes through to us by beauty and harmony. In reality it is the opposite, God gave childbearing (children give us a second chance to see our and our parents failures) to Eve and thistles/weeds to Adam to teach them how to serve Him. Jesus' death went through the toil and sin that he exposed, giving people a chance to say it and die with Him. I think George Macdonald numbed much reality with his too-good-to-be-true characters. The Bible is amazing because the good patriarchs have given us an honest testimony of the mess of their lives, that we too might have fellowship with each other through that repentance. This is why the 10 Kingdoms are forming in the world now and soon will consolidate under a great American antichrist who will cover the breakdown that we have between men and women, the Fall is the same now as it was then.

Warmly, Hope
Last edited by Win2017 on July 13th, 2021, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Win2017 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 1:02 pm Hi Hannah,

I just wanted to let you know that I would like to cancel all my claims...

Warmly, Hope
I will get those cancelled for you. Praying for you and your family right now, Hope. (Your name reminds me of Romans 15:13... "the God of hope"!)
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
sonjamisko

Post by sonjamisko »

Hi Hannah,

I realized that since I have a chrome book and it’s really impossible to get the recording applications I need, so I got a new computer. It should arrive on Saturday, and I am very excited for it to come in, as then I can practice a demo recording and submit that to you.

Thanks!

Sonja
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

sonjamisko wrote: July 15th, 2021, 7:58 am Hi Hannah,

I realized that since I have a chrome book and it’s really impossible to get the recording applications I need, so I got a new computer. It should arrive on Saturday, and I am very excited for it to come in, as then I can practice a demo recording and submit that to you.

Thanks!

Sonja
Enjoy staring this new adventure, Sonja!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

TheSheepGal wrote: August 6th, 2021, 10:10 pm Here's Chapter 19 - 11:06 duration.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/paulfaber_19_macdonald_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Cindy!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
geoffbl

Post by geoffbl »

Could I please have Chapter 15 ? The Parlor at Owlkirk.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

geoffbl wrote: August 7th, 2021, 4:42 pm Could I please have Chapter 15 ? The Parlor at Owlkirk.
Yes - thank you!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

Hannah, may I read Chapter 18: The Park at Nestley?
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

TheSheepGal wrote: August 10th, 2021, 5:11 pm Hannah, may I read Chapter 18: The Park at Nestley?
It's yours... thanks!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
geoffbl

Post by geoffbl »

Please find below link for Chapter 15

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/paulfaber_15_macdonald_128kb.mp3

Duration: 30:41
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

geoffbl wrote: August 21st, 2021, 2:19 am Please find below link for Chapter 15

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/paulfaber_15_macdonald_128kb.mp3

Duration: 30:41
Thank you!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for: