Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Hi

Chapters 4 & 5 please
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Jd488 wrote: April 30th, 2021, 12:55 pm
The two main words I'm trying to figure out are Ramshorn and Bevis. Are the s and the h in the name pronounced together (sh) like the name looks or or separate (Rams Horn)? With the second name, Bevis, is the e long or short? I'm figuring the s and h are pronounced separately in Ramshorn and the e in Bevis is short.

On the chapter list, you can use my username. In the narration, I will use my real name.

As far as my website goes, I'm an indie author and only my books and blog are there. I haven't added any voice over gigs, demos, or narrations (what few I've done) to it yet. Besides, it needs to be revamped and that's when I'll add the voice over part of my business. If you'd like, I will go ahead and add my website to my profile.
Ah yes, names often end up inconsistent in collaborative audiobooks - and for good reason! When I search the pronunciation of "Bevis" online, I find both a short "e", a long "e", and even the "i" pronounced as a long "ee"... So, go ahead with your guess.

Thankfully "Ramshorn" just came up as you said, without the multiple letter phonogram of "sh". I can picture the shell with this name when I hear it: "ram's-horn."

I recently learned that adding a personal website to our forum profile is different than that which I can fill in when first setting up a new reader for the Magic Window. Putting it in one place will not show it in the other. But you can always ask an MC to add it to your reader catalogue page at any point later when you have your website updated as you like.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

johnb2 wrote: April 30th, 2021, 1:28 pm Hi

Chapters 4 & 5 please
Thank you, johnb2!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Readers needed for:
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

May I have Chapters 7 and 8?
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

JoannaHoyt wrote: April 30th, 2021, 5:18 pm May I have Chapters 7 and 8?
Yes, thanks Joanna!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Chapter one is ready for PL, Eliza!
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/paulfaber_01_macdonald_128kb.mp3
Duration 17:13

Let me know if the transition in and out of the "Dedication" feels too awkward. That's where it is in the text, except that there the title of the chapter (The Lane) comes after it, while here the title comes at the end of the introduction, before the Dedication.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
ElizaZ

Post by ElizaZ »

HannahMary wrote: May 1st, 2021, 7:30 pm Chapter one is ready for PL, Eliza!

Let me know if the transition in and out of the "Dedication" feels too awkward. That's where it is in the text, except that there the title of the chapter (The Lane) comes after it, while here the title comes at the end of the introduction, before the Dedication.
The only slightly awkward part is at the end of the intro where you say, “The Lane. Dedication,” since the chapter called “The Lane” doesn’t start until after the dedication. I probably would have said just “Dedication,” since that’s what you’re about to read. Then later after you say “End of Dedication,” I would say “The Lane” before starting on the rest of the chapter. It’s really just a matter of opinion though. Recording PL okay!
Jd488

Post by Jd488 »

Right now, my recording sounds like a teacher reading to his students, not one by an audiobook narrator. I need to do better before submitting. Background noise allowing, I will try again within the next few days.
ElizaZ

Post by ElizaZ »

Jd488 wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 8:31 am Right now, my recording sounds like a teacher reading to his students, not one by an audiobook narrator. I need to do better before submitting. Background noise allowing, I will try again within the next few days.
As PL I am always happy for people to submit a chapter and specifically request constructive criticism on anything they are unsure about or trying to work on. Your first recordings might not sound quite as professional as you would personally hope, but I’m sure that professional audiobook narrators’s first recordings didn’t either. Best of luck with your chapter.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

ElizaZ wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 11:52 am
HannahMary wrote: May 1st, 2021, 7:30 pm Chapter one is ready for PL, Eliza!

The only slightly awkward part is at the end of the intro where you say, “The Lane. Dedication,” since the chapter called “The Lane” doesn’t start until after the dedication. I probably would have said just “Dedication,” since that’s what you’re about to read. Then later after you say “End of Dedication,” I would say “The Lane” before starting on the rest of the chapter. It’s really just a matter of opinion though. Recording PL okay!
Thanks, Eliza! That way also make more sense to me, so I have made the change and re-uploaded. Are you up to a spot-PL on the first 1:32?
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
ElizaZ

Post by ElizaZ »

HannahMary wrote: May 6th, 2021, 10:11 am
Thanks, Eliza! That way also make more sense to me, so I have made the change and re-uploaded. Are you up to a spot-PL on the first 1:32?
Sounds good, chapter 1 spot check PL okay!
Jd488

Post by Jd488 »

Whew! Finally got Chapter 3 done. I hope it measures up. Any feedback is welcomed.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/paulfaber_03_macdonald_128kb.mp3

Thank you for taking the time to listen.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Jd488 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 7:50 am Whew! Finally got Chapter 3 done. I hope it measures up. Any feedback is welcomed.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/paulfaber_03_macdonald_128kb.mp3

Thank you for taking the time to listen.
Thank you! And do you have a duration for this? That way our DPL can check it against the uploaded file as one way to ensure nothing was lost in the uploading process.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
Jd488

Post by Jd488 »

It's about 10 minutes 23 seconds.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Jd488 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 5:47 pm It's about 10 minutes 23 seconds.
Thank you!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for: