[COMPLETE] Princess Sukey: The Story of a Pigeon and Her Human Friends by Marshall Saunders - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Also Chapters 26-28 are too rough to PL. Please remove all stumbles and repeats especially. Thank you. I hope to PL this soon as I can tell from your reading that you really enjoy this story!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thanks, brownrottger!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I have sent a PM to ksulli777 to see if she is still around.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

I would like to offer to receive the audacity files from ksulli777 and do a full edit. I have lots of time and it is my favorite thing to do so far
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thanks for the offer! We'll give the reader a few more days to respond. If she doesn't, I think it would be okay to edit Chapters 13 and 15, but it doesn't seem doable for Chapters 14, 20, 21, and 23, looking at the PL notes. I don't know if it would work for Chapters 22-28 because we do not have specific PL notes for them, but it would probably be best to leave those alone and let someone else read them.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

My opinion is that since we have some raw recordings, it would need less work/time to edit those, than have the sections re-recorded, especially since Christine says she'd enjoy the editing :D I only worry, Christine, that you'll have so much of it, that it'll stop being your favourite thing!! If the reader doesn't come back to offer the Audacity files, you can still use the mp3 files from the Magic Window, and edit them in Audacity.
Just my opinion; entirely up to you! :D
susheel02

Post by susheel02 »

brownrottger wrote: July 8th, 2021, 6:58 pm I thoroughly enjoyed your reading. Here are the notes on Chapter 4
2:01 should be "post"; I heard "police"
12:08 should be "himself"; I heard "him"
12:15 missing "to himself"
19:01 should be "ceased"; I heard "seized"
22:47 Missing the words "Yes, sir"
24:25 should be "head"; I heard "hand"
27:31 remove repeated phrase "well young sir"
28:55 missing the words "she saw plainly"
Thank you!
Thank you for your notes. I'll have these sorted out.

Glad you enjoyed the reading.
Susheel
susheel02

Post by susheel02 »

Twinkle88 wrote: July 9th, 2021, 7:32 pm Thanks for the offer! We'll give the reader a few more days to respond. If she doesn't, I think it would be okay to edit Chapters 13 and 15, but it doesn't seem doable for Chapters 14, 20, 21, and 23, looking at the PL notes. I don't know if it would work for Chapters 22-28 because we do not have specific PL notes for them, but it would probably be best to leave those alone and let someone else read them.
If you do decide to have any of the chapters re-read, I'd like to throw my name into the hat.
Susheel
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Ok I await y'alls decision. I doubt I will get sick of anything to do with this noble cause!
ballethorse

Post by ballethorse »

~NATALIA~
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

chapter 9: Very enjoyable listening. Here are a few things I heard:
should be "eminently"; I heard "entirely"
9:26 remove the words "tell me" before "tell him"'
9:36 remove the stumble before "beside Higby"
19:45 remove "Recorded by Natalia" as you already stated that in the beginning
Thank you!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

For most of the chapters, I didn’t think it would be possible to correct them by editing because there are words or phrases missing — probably ones that couldn’t be found anywhere else in the chapter (and therefore couldn’t be copy-and-pasted).

So I still think the only chapters Christine can edit are Chapters 13 and 15. But someone correct me if there’s a better way to proceed.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thanks for Chapter 9, ballethorse — I’ll add it to the MW.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

I finished editing Chapter 13. ALOT of the words are wrong. I added it to the MW with PL ok because I cant change the words without making it sound really strange.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Oh, okay. I thought you were going to edit according to the PL notes on page 5 of this thread. (If you look in the notes section for Chapter 13's row in the Magic Window, that's what "See PL notes: p. 5" means -- the PL notes for the chapter are found on page 5 of the project thread.) The level of proof-listening for this project is standard, not word-perfect, so I did not proof-listen the chapter against the text -- and evidently didn't catch as many errors as you did while reading along in the book.

However, if you listened to the recording while viewing the text and saw that there were errors that change the meaning of sentences, then perhaps we should just throw Chapter 13 out, too, if the reader isn't going to be able to fix it. Did you hear errors that changed the meaning of sentences?