COMPLETE Sir Titus Salt, Baronet, His Life and Its Lessons-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Wow, you took the longest one. 12 is yours! If you are trying to earn brownie points, you succeeded!!! :P
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 3:04 pm Wow, you took the longest one. 12 is yours! If you are trying to earn brownie points, you succeeded!!! :P
1-hour sections are my specialty.
I recorded the first half hour yesterday afternoon to a would-be Sleeping Beauty. It put her right into a coma, I think. :) No, that doesn't sound right. Actually, I think the biographer's writing is first-class.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 1 PL OK!
msfry

Post by msfry »

MaryAnne. Please read the last paragraph of the Summary and tell me if Bonus material is allowed.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 6 is uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/titussalt_06_balgarnie_128kb.mp3 27:40

Bill, it seems fitting that since I am soon going to PL your hour long file, you ought to PL mine only half as long. :shock:
It is a rather interesting story, too, on how Salt first "discovered" alpaca fiber.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: April 24th, 2021, 5:30 pm Section 6 is uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/titussalt_06_balgarnie_128kb.mp3 27:40

Bill, it seems fitting that since I am soon going to PL your hour long file, you ought to PL mine only half as long. :shock:
It is a rather interesting story, too, on how Salt first "discovered" alpaca fiber.
You got it, Michele.
I'll PL the devil out of it, I'll PL it till your voice sounds like Daffy Duck, I'll PL it till I've got it memorized.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

msfry wrote: April 24th, 2021, 10:36 am MaryAnne. Please read the last paragraph of the Summary and tell me if Bonus material is allowed.
Michele,

Doesn't look like that story has been recorded for LV yet. I would have thought that all Dickens wrote would have been recorded by now. :wink: Please submit it to the short story collection and then we can add a link in the summary of this project.

MaryAnn
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks MaryAnn, will do.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: April 24th, 2021, 5:30 pm Section 6 is uploaded.

Try as I might, (because I am basically evil) I could find no slip-ups in this recording; so, Section 6 earns a big fat PL OK!

Nice job, Michele. :clap:
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Since you all are having so much fun over here, I'd like to jump in and claim sections 02, 03, 04 and 05.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Welcome, Rita. I was hoping you'd drop by!
2, 3, 4, and 5 are yours.
And I might have to snag you for a bit of PL duty on my sections, too (trying to spread it around, ya know.)
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Bill. I look forward to listening to your big fat section. :twisted:
msfry

Post by msfry »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: April 24th, 2021, 8:08 pm Doesn't look like that story has been recorded for LV yet. I would have thought that all Dickens wrote would have been recorded by now. :wink:

MaryAnn
Not by a long shot. Dickens has literally hundreds of short stories tucked into Household Words, All The Year Round and other publications he edited and wrote for over a very long life. He was probably ADHD in spades . . . . . could not shut up for 5 minutes. :mrgreen:
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded Section 12

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/titussalt_12_balgarnie_128kb.mp3 46:46

This hour-long section, before tempo +10 effect being applied, can be summed up in one phrase:
"That there Titus Salt? one helluva guy!"
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Bill. I look forward to listening. If +10 is too fast for me to follow, I'll -5 it! :)