Post by shifa15 »

Hello,
Can I read chapter 14? username: shifa15
wib66

Post by wib66 »

shifa15 wrote: May 12th, 2021, 6:41 am Hello,
Can I read chapter 14? username: shifa15
Welcome to Librivox.

I will reserve section 14 for you but you will need to complete your 1 minute test first and get the ok (see below). Also can you let me know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. It can be your forum name, real name, or any other pseudonym of your choice thanks.

We urge you to make a "1 Minute Test" for review before you start actively recording. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

An overview of how Librivox works can be found here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/How_LibriVox_Works

There are numerous ways to volunteer here. An important one is proof-listening, which consists of checking someone's recording for errors. If you'd like to give that a try, you can find lots of information here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners
If you wish to try your hand at recording, the place to start is the Newbie Guide to Recording: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording, which tells you how to set up your computer to record.

One of our volunteers has created a number of videos that you might find helpful to learn more about the workings of Librivox. You can find a listing of those here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Philchenevert

Also to point out to professional (or aspiring) Voice Over artists, all our recordings are put back into the public domain which means sometimes they are sold on ebay, etc. Have a look at this page which describes our Public Domain policy: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain

We hope you have fun and please, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
alfried34

Post by alfried34 »

Good morning...

On May 9, corrections were made to Chapter 7 and posted accordingly. Since I have not seen any changes in the magic window, and still new to Libivox, I wanted to make sure these corrections were posted correctly.

Thank you.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

alfried34 wrote: May 16th, 2021, 4:20 am Good morning...

On May 9, corrections were made to Chapter 7 and posted accordingly. Since I have not seen any changes in the magic window, and still new to Libivox, I wanted to make sure these corrections were posted correctly.

Thank you.
My apologies sometimes when a few posts come in the earlier ones can get missed. I have now checked the file and it is PL OK. Many thanks for checking.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
shifa15

Post by shifa15 »

Hi!
I completed my 1-minute test and got approved. As you have already assigned chapter 14 for me, I will start working on it. You can write my name as 'Shifa'.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

shifa15 wrote: May 16th, 2021, 10:32 am Hi!
I completed my 1-minute test and got approved. As you have already assigned chapter 14 for me, I will start working on it. You can write my name as 'Shifa'.
Many thanks will update the MW
Michele
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

wib66

Post by wib66 »

deLorinel wrote: May 16th, 2021, 7:44 pm Chapter 13 uploaded for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/bookaboutmyself_13_dreiser_128kb.mp3 19:43
Thank you queued for PL
Michele
gracecremeens

Post by gracecremeens »

wib66 wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:20 pm
gracecremeens wrote: April 25th, 2021, 3:59 pm I would like to read 8,9,10,11?
Hi and thankyou for claiming. I will sign you up to those sections. Please don't record any of them until you have been given the ok for your 1-minute test which I see you have posted for checking.

Can you let me know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. It can be your real name, forum name or any other pseudonym you choose
Perfect! "Grace Cremeens" is fine :)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Sections 48, 54 are PL OK thanks
PL Notes for 58

2:29 repeat of 'shout as they might'
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Chapter 13 is PL OK thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL notes for chapter 8

The volume is too low at 85dB please could this be increased.
As you are carrying out the edit please could you rename the file as below

bookaboutmyself_08_dreiser_128kb

Chapter 9 is PL OK the filename needs correcting but this can be done by the MC before cataloguing. It should be

bookaboutmyself_09_dreiser_128kb.mp3

Chapter 10 is PL Notes
There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently longer than this

There should be 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file it is currently shorter than this

PL notes for chapter 11

The volume is too low at 85dB please could this be increased.
There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently longer than this

There should be 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file it is currently shorter than this
Michele
DeliaSkoep

Post by DeliaSkoep »