[COMPLETE] Great Men and Famous Women Vol 2 by Charles F Horne - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

j0hnny wrote: April 28th, 2021, 6:49 pm Here is my recording of section 25, duration 17:48, for prooflistening.

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/greatmenfamouswomen2_25_horne_128kb.mp3
Thank you this is queued for PL
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

jenno wrote: April 28th, 2021, 11:56 pm Here is section 12

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/greatmenfamouswomen_12_horne_128kb.mp3

duration 19.38

Cheers

Jennifer
Thank you this is queued for PL
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for section 6

The volume is 84dB which is too low. We aim for between 86-92 dB but ideally we would like it to be at 89 dB.
In Audacity you will also find the option to amplify under 'effects'.
How to amplify in Audacity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw
If you like you can use the checker tool to verify volume and other settings.
https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/

Please could you carry out the edits then upload the file using the same file name. If you need any more help please just ask. Thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 21 is PL OK thanks
Michele
MightyMac

Post by MightyMac »

wib66, availle,

I am reading and re-reading section 24 (not aloud); just to myself to familiarize myself with the text before I record and noticed there are loads of words and phrases in quotes. As this will be my first recording I want to know how to handle the phrases and words in quotes. I want to be true to the text; however, I don't want to disrupt the flow of the reading.

Should I read words in quotes as; "Quote"...read text within quotes..."End Quote"? Want to ensure I am meeting expected standards.

Thank you,
MightyMac
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MightyMac wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 4:56 am wib66, availle,

I am reading and re-reading section 24 (not aloud); just to myself to familiarize myself with the text before I record and noticed there are loads of words and phrases in quotes. As this will be my first recording I want to know how to handle the phrases and words in quotes. I want to be true to the text; however, I don't want to disrupt the flow of the reading.

Should I read words in quotes as; "Quote"...read text within quotes..."End Quote"? Want to ensure I am meeting expected standards.

Thank you,
MightyMac
Hi MightyMac in this instance you do not need to add the 'quote' 'end quote' please just read as part of the text thanks.
Also can you let me know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. It can be your forum name, real name, or any other pseudonym of your choice thanks. I can then sign you up to the section properly thanks
Michele
Teabender

Post by Teabender »

Thank you for the tips. I've amplified the recording for section 6 and re-uploaded it. I'm a little puzzled by the checker tool, since it approved the original file and reported it as 86.5dB, but maybe the tool isn't consistent across systems (this is the version for Linux). Either way, the tool says the new file is 89dB, so hopefully it's where it needs to be.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Teabender wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 6:17 am Thank you for the tips. I've amplified the recording for section 6 and re-uploaded it. I'm a little puzzled by the checker tool, since it approved the original file and reported it as 86.5dB, but maybe the tool isn't consistent across systems (this is the version for Linux). Either way, the tool says the new file is 89dB, so hopefully it's where it needs to be.
Yes Checker will approve the volume anywhere between 86-92 dB but we ask where possible for the file to be at 89dB thanks.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 6 is now PL OK thanks
Michele
jenno

Post by jenno »

Here is section 30

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/greatmenfamouswomen_30_horne_128kb.mp3

duration 25.02

Cheers

Jennifer
wib66

Post by wib66 »

jenno wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 7:32 pm Here is section 30

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/greatmenfamouswomen_30_horne_128kb.mp3

duration 25.02

Cheers

Jennifer
Thank you this is now queued for PL
Michele
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

May I claim sections 10, 22, and 28 please?
Thanks!
Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke
Bill Mosley

Post by Bill Mosley »

Howdy from Texas!

I'd like to do

15 Francis Marion 2752 words

Let's see if I can sound like Leslie Nielson.....
Bill

How did it get so late so soon?
It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
~Dr. Seuss
MightyMac

Post by MightyMac »

wib66,

Thank you for update on how to use quotes.

I would like my name to appear as MightyMac in the catalogue please.

Thank you,
MightyMac
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Mfassio wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 1:09 pm May I claim sections 10, 22, and 28 please?
Thanks!
Thank you I will sign you up
Michele