[COMPLETE] Great Men and Famous Women Vol 2 by Charles F Horne - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

magejlewis

Post by magejlewis »

Could I take section 16? Paul Jones. This looks like a cool project and I look forward to being a part of it!
Thanks
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Thank you for your section
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

magejlewis wrote: May 27th, 2021, 9:24 am Could I take section 16? Paul Jones. This looks like a cool project and I look forward to being a part of it!
Thanks
Thank you I will sign you up
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

sanjayparikh wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 2:49 am Just uploaded the recording of Section 7 on Lord Robert Clive
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/greatmenfamouswomen2_8_LordClive.mp3
This is my first ever Librivox recording and I would be eager to get your feedback.
Hi and thank you for your reading.
PL Notes

There should be 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file it is currently longer than this

As you are editing please could you correct the filename it should be

greatmenfamouswomen2_07_horne_128kb

If you could carry out the edits and reupload please.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 8 is PL OK

Just for future recordings it might be helpful to remove some of the background noise.

I you are using Audacity you can do the following.

Step 1 - Select a piece of background noise
Select a piece of background noise (no speech, breaths or other noises) in your audio.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... A dialog will pop up.
Click "Get Noise Profile" The dialog box will close instantly.

Step 2 - Noise Reduction
Press CTRL-A / Command-A to select your complete recording.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... again. Note: don't select "Repeat Noise Reduction" -- that instantly applies the default settings; you want to adjust the settings and preview the results before you apply the noise filters.
Set Noise Reduction (dB) to 12
Set sensitivity to 6.00
Set frequency smoothing bands to 3
Choose Noise: Reduce
Click ok
Michele
sanjayparikh

Post by sanjayparikh »

wib66 wrote: May 29th, 2021, 3:30 pm
sanjayparikh wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 2:49 am Just uploaded the recording of Section 7 on Lord Robert Clive
This is my first ever Librivox recording and I would be eager to get your feedback.
PL Notes

There should be 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file it is currently longer than this

I just re-uploaded the file after making the changes requested. I hope this is OK.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

sanjayparikh wrote: May 30th, 2021, 9:16 am
wib66 wrote: May 29th, 2021, 3:30 pm
PL Notes

I just re-uploaded the file after making the changes requested. I hope this is OK.
Hi this is now PL OK thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 26 is PL OK
Michele
MKinge

Post by MKinge »

wib66 wrote: May 30th, 2021, 5:21 am Section 8 is PL OK

Just for future recordings it might be helpful to remove some of the background noise.

I you are using Audacity you can do the following.

Step 1 - Select a piece of background noise
Select a piece of background noise (no speech, breaths or other noises) in your audio.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... A dialog will pop up.
Click "Get Noise Profile" The dialog box will close instantly.

Step 2 - Noise Reduction
Press CTRL-A / Command-A to select your complete recording.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... again. Note: don't select "Repeat Noise Reduction" -- that instantly applies the default settings; you want to adjust the settings and preview the results before you apply the noise filters.
Set Noise Reduction (dB) to 12
Set sensitivity to 6.00
Set frequency smoothing bands to 3
Choose Noise: Reduce
Click ok
Thanks for the walkthrough i will certainly try this on my next reading. Appreciate your help! :thumbs:
jenno

Post by jenno »

I must apologise.

I have incorrectly named all my recordings as you have noted in the MW. They are listed as PLOK and I did not pick up on the comment . Should I reload them with the correct file name or can that be done at your end ??

Jennifer
tcjsavannah

Post by tcjsavannah »

wib66

Post by wib66 »

jenno wrote: May 31st, 2021, 6:48 pm I must apologise.

I have incorrectly named all my recordings as you have noted in the MW. They are listed as PLOK and I did not pick up on the comment . Should I reload them with the correct file name or can that be done at your end ??

Jennifer
Please don't worry as there were no other corrections to make this can be done by the MC before the catalogue process. If it's any different I will let you know.
Michele
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

I would like to claim 13, 14, 19, and 20, please.

I am from Ohio and both Anthony Wayne and Commodore Perry have connections with Ohio.
Jim in Ohio

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
wib66

Post by wib66 »

JHedrick wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 4:30 pm I would like to claim 13, 14, 19, and 20, please.

I am from Ohio and both Anthony Wayne and Commodore Perry have connections with Ohio.
That's great thanks for claiming I will sign you up always love it when there is a connection.
Michele