[COMPLETE] The Road To Mandalay by B. M. Croker - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

The Road To Mandalay , by Bithia Mary Croker (1847 - 1920)

This project is now complete. All files can be downloaded from the catalog page:
https://librivox.org/the-road-to-mandalay-by-bithia-mary-croker/

Sophie Lee and Sholto Douglas come to Burma on the same ship in 1912. They come for different reasons. Through them, we learn about like in british India between 1912 to 1914, just before WWI. Academics view Bithia Mary Croker as one of the best authors who wrote about British India.
Note: This book is a product of it's times. There for, some of the views which are expressed are different. This does not reflect librivox's opinions(Summary by Stav Nisser.)
Source text (please read only from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/18239

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
Genres for the project:
Keywords that describe the book: romance, travel fiction
========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Road To Mandalay . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Road To Mandalay by Bithia Mary Croker. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Road To Mandalay , by Bithia Mary Croker."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: roadtomandalay_##_croker_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. roadtomandalay_01_croker_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: Availle

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by miss stav on July 10th, 2021, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

That sounds interesting - I'll MC this for you Stav. :D

Okay, Magic window is up. I haven't worked with you for a while, can you handle the Magic Window on your own? There's so many software updates all the time, I have no idea.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi, how are you? Glad to work with you again. Sometimes I can handal the magic window but it takes a lot of me. So I do it slowly and ask for help when I find it overwhelming.

Eddet: chapterstitles are in the mw and we are open for claims.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Miss Stav!

This looks to be a great book!

Here are the Sections that I would like to sign up for please -

3, 7, 16, 25, 26, 28, 34, 38

Lynda
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Linda, glad to see you back. The sections you requested are all yours.
Stav.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Miss Stav -

In case the other readers want to know the word counts for the 38 Sections:
19 - 1460
20 - 2237
21 - 1794
22 - 2036
23 - 1589
24 - 3123
25 - 1068
26 - 1248
27 - 1274
28 - 844
29 - 2239
30 - 2445
31 - 1107
32 - 2282
33 - 2402
34 - 1274
35 - 2994
36 - 3424
37 - 2835
38 - 1268

Lynda
Last edited by Lmnei on April 3rd, 2021, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow, thanks a lot. However:
1. Could you also provide the wordoount to the sections you signed up for? It would look rather odd if they would not be there.
2. Going over with a screen reader, it is dificalt for me to understand which wordcount belongs to what. Can you write each section in a different line according to their order?
Regards,
Stav.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

miss stav wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 1:55 pm Wow, thanks a lot. However:
1. Could you also provide the wordoount to the sections you signed up for? It would look rather odd if they would not be there.
2. Going over with a screen reader, it is dificalt for me to understand which wordcount belongs to what. Can you write each section in a different line according to their order?
Regards,
Stav.
Not a problem - I thought the way I had written it was going to look good but it does not when it is posted....

I will fix it in a little bit - just in the middle of DPL'ing a chapter...

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Miss Stav -

I edited my original post and now there are 38 sections listed with their word counts. I hope that works better with your screen reader SMILE

Lynda
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi do you need a DPL on this one let me know happy to help
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Yes, I would love for you to dpl.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

DPL added, thank you! :D

Stav, are you going to add the word counts? I'd like to move this off to "Readers Wanted".
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
atruewalker

Post by atruewalker »

I would like to claim chapters 12, 13, 14 and 15. I am so thrilled this book is available. I visited Burma in 1983 and stayed in a chummery!

I am Mary Ann Hadley, and I recently completed chapter 11.2 ( sec 13) of "Discoveries in Nineveh and Babylon" by Layard. It was my first recording, but I think I've got the hang of it.
Last edited by Rapunzelina on April 17th, 2021, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to remove email address
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi, welcome to the project. Chapters 12-15 are all yours. Have fun,
Stav.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Can someone else finish entering the wordcounts? For some reason my computer is not in a good mood today and it is so hard.