(Complete) Saint Francis of Assisi by G.K. Chesterton - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 7
Intro "Chapter 7 of St. Francis of Assisi" is repeated.
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
jenno

Post by jenno »

jenno

Post by jenno »

jenno

Post by jenno »

Dear Lynnet

I have listened to my recording of Chapter 7 and cannot locate a repetition of "Chapter 7 St Francis of Assisi " that you say needs revision.
for some reason there is a portion of the recording which appears as a negative part of the recording .I mean it only appears as negative time when one goes to listen to the the recording. I am not sure that makes sense but I cannot get rid of it. I have tried saving the file with a different name and only highlighting the recording part of it. To no avail! It still saves it with the minus time before the recording actually starts !
Help !!!

Jennifer
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jenno wrote: May 13th, 2021, 5:45 pm Dear Lynnet

I have listened to my recording of Chapter 7 and cannot locate a repetition of "Chapter 7 St Francis of Assisi " that you say needs revision.
for some reason there is a portion of the recording which appears as a negative part of the recording .I mean it only appears as negative time when one goes to listen to the the recording. I am not sure that makes sense but I cannot get rid of it. I have tried saving the file with a different name and only highlighting the recording part of it. To no avail! It still saves it with the minus time before the recording actually starts !
Help !!!

Jennifer
I’ve not come across this before :hmm: I’ll see if I can fix it and, if not, will call in the troops (I.e. those more knowledgeable than I )
jenno

Post by jenno »

Lynnet

I thinl I may have solved the problem ! After reading quite a few forums? on the difficulty I turned off "software play through" in Transport options.( Dont know how it got turned on )And it seems to have fixed the negative values that appeared on the track when I went to listen to it.

I cannot find the repeat of "St Francis of Assisi " you said was there. Should I re-send you the file ?? Having saved it again without the negative time .

Cheers

Jennifer
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jenno wrote: May 14th, 2021, 12:09 am Lynnet

I thinl I may have solved the problem ! After reading quite a few forums? on the difficulty I turned off "software play through" in Transport options.( Dont know how it got turned on )And it seems to have fixed the negative values that appeared on the track when I went to listen to it.

I cannot find the repeat of "St Francis of Assisi " you said was there. Should I re-send you the file ?? Having saved it again without the negative time .

Cheers

Jennifer
Yes, please re-upload.
jenno

Post by jenno »

Lynnet

Here is the ? revised chapter 7.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/stfrancisofassisi_07_chesterton_128kb.mp3
duration 33.48.

I do hope it is correct now!. I have at least learned a bit more of the working intricacies of audacity which can only be good.

Cheers

Jennifer