[Completed] How They Succeeded, by Orison Swett Marden - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hello Arthur,
PL Okay for section #19--very interesting!

Thank you,
Lora
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hello Deaconclark,
Just a few PL notes for section #16--you did a good job on the recording. Please check: at 10:27 there is a missing phrase between "qualifications" and "owing." That phrase is "or is deemed unworthy." At 23:07 please change the word "patience" to "practice" in the phrase "practice of men who have amassed..." Between 25:11 and 25:20 please smooth out/add missing words in the sentence beginning "Some of them have acted upon..."

Thanks very much for making the corrections.
Lora
SCvocals

Post by SCvocals »

Thank you Lora! :D
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Lynnet,

Just a question. I thought I saw somewhere in the thread a question and answer about reading the 'subtitles' in the text of the reading, but I can't find it. Do we or do we not?

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Kalamareader wrote: May 25th, 2021, 6:01 pm Lynnet,

Just a question. I thought I saw somewhere in the thread a question and answer about reading the 'subtitles' in the text of the reading, but I can't find it. Do we or do we not?

Thanks,

Wayne
Yes please. Don’t make a big deal of it, but maybe pause before and after.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Lynnet and Lora,

Here is Chapter 6: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/howtheysucceeded_06_marden_128kb.mp3

Time: 12:25

I recorded it with them, knowing I could easily delete them if needed.

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Kalamareader wrote: May 25th, 2021, 7:42 pm Lynnet and Lora,

Here is Chapter 6: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/howtheysucceeded_06_marden_128kb.mp3

Time: 12:25

I recorded it with them, knowing I could easily delete them if needed.

Thanks,

Wayne
Thank you
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Just wanting to find out a little about Marden, I clicked on the Wikipedia link above and found this: During his early to mid-teens, Marden discovered a book entitled Self-Help by Scottish author Samuel Smiles in an attic. The book marked a turning point in his life, inspiring him to improve himself and his circumstances. Marden valued the book as if it were "worth its weight in diamonds" and virtually committed its contents to memory. He developed a deep respect and admiration for the author, whose work instilled in him a desire to inspire others as Samuel Smiles had done for him.

Self-Help is in the LV library. Very good book which can give all of us some great ideas and motivation. :D

Wayne
Wayne
speaker987

Post by speaker987 »

I would like to take Section 7 The Story of John Wanamaker

Thanks

Darrell
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

speaker987 wrote: May 26th, 2021, 6:24 pm I would like to take Section 7 The Story of John Wanamaker

Thanks

Darrell
Thank you for claiming
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kalamareader wrote: May 26th, 2021, 5:40 pm Just wanting to find out a little about Marden, I clicked on the Wikipedia link above and found this: During his early to mid-teens, Marden discovered a book entitled Self-Help by Scottish author Samuel Smiles in an attic. The book marked a turning point in his life, inspiring him to improve himself and his circumstances. Marden valued the book as if it were "worth its weight in diamonds" and virtually committed its contents to memory. He developed a deep respect and admiration for the author, whose work instilled in him a desire to inspire others as Samuel Smiles had done for him.

Self-Help is in the LV library. Very good book which can give all of us some great ideas and motivation. :D

Wayne
I will have to check that book out.

Thanks, Todd
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hello Wayne,
Section #6 is PL Okay.

Thanks so much!
Lora
shereads1

Post by shereads1 »

Lynnet wrote: April 15th, 2021, 3:51 pm
shereads1 wrote: April 15th, 2021, 11:08 am Hi Lynn,

And thank you for the warm welcome. I have posted the test mp3 to the Listeners Wanted forum. I would love if you could add me to the catalog of readers. My forum name is:

readingmatters21

Happy Reading,

-D
Do you mean your catalog name? Your forum name is shereads1, which is how you appear in the forum and is unique and can’t usually be changed. Your catalog name can be changed by any admin. It’s your choice, but most people either use their real name of their forum name if they prefer anonymity.
Hi Lynn,
I'll stick with the forum name:)

Thanks
princessmomoh

Post by princessmomoh »

Hi, I'm interested in reading Section 11 "He Worked to Secure a Foot-Hold William Dean Howells" If available? Under the forum name "princessmomoh" Thanks.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

princessmomoh wrote: May 28th, 2021, 5:48 am Hi, I'm interested in reading Section 11 "He Worked to Secure a Foot-Hold William Dean Howells" If available? Under the forum name "princessmomoh" Thanks.
All yours