Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
speaker987

Post by speaker987 »

I would like to record - Visions of the Past Chapter XVI

Thanks

Darrell
JWowsers

Post by JWowsers »

AdriPrev wrote: April 6th, 2021, 1:54 pm PL notes for chapter 2 (edited per Lynnet's feedback):
2:31-ish - between "deference" and "which" I can hear a breath that got cut off to silence in editing. If it's relatively straightforward for you to replace this with room noise (not generated silence, ha), that'd be great, and if not it's not a big deal.
2:48 - "word" sounds like "world"
3:52 - clicking-type sound over the word "them"
Optional: stumbles at 3:55 (over "a"), 7:12 (over "further"), and 10:04 (over "for")
11:38 - I'm getting a bit of background noise here - if you could re-record "It was a long while... considered suitable to the position" that'd be excellent.
16:30 - "than as an unmarried man" sounds strange
17:13 - longer-than-usual pause between "me to his" and "any more" - this should be an easy fix. If not, don't worry about it.
Finally, make sure there are 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file.
Don't let my first-time-PLing notes fool you, though - I enjoy your reading style; you do the sarcasm really well, and this section made me laugh more than once.
====

Dear Adri,

I am immensely grateful for your insightful suggestions, and I am very new to recording (as you can tell :D). That said, I will upload the edited version of Chapter 2 with your suggestions here: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/whentheworldshook_02_haggard_128kb.mp3

I also am very glad that you got a chuckle or two out of my reading. Please take the very best of care, and thank you for your efforts! :)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

speaker987 wrote: April 7th, 2021, 7:07 am I would like to record - Visions of the Past Chapter XVI

Thanks

Darrell
Thank you for claiming.
Section 16 assigned. Please note it is more efficient to claim by section number 8-)
JWowsers

Post by JWowsers »

Dear Lynnet,

Here is the re-edited version of Chapter 2: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/whentheworldshook_02_haggard_128kb.mp3

For future reference, should I only present the links to the MC, or can I insert the link into the general discussion thread? Thanks for your continued patience, and please have a great day! :D
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

JWowsers wrote: April 7th, 2021, 7:27 am Dear Lynnet,

Here is the re-edited version of Chapter 2: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/whentheworldshook_02_haggard_128kb.mp3

For future reference, should I only present the links to the MC, or can I insert the link into the general discussion thread? Thanks for your continued patience, and please have a great day! :D
If the link to the corrected file is the same as the original, there is no need to post it. A simple “I’ve uploaded the edited file” is enough. If it is changed, we do need it, though.
The link to files should be posted in the thread unless you are doing a solo.
AdriPrev

Post by AdriPrev »

Chapter 2 is PL OK, thank you!
Adrienne "Adri" Prevost (she/her)
AdriPrev

Post by AdriPrev »

And Lynnet, I'm having a bit of trouble with accessing the system, which I'll hopefully have resolved soon. And yes, I'm comfortable using the Checker program.
brainmonkey

Post by brainmonkey »

Hi, Lynnet.

I'd love to do sections 7 and 8, if that's okay.

Thanks,
Dan
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

brainmonkey wrote: April 7th, 2021, 1:53 pm Hi, Lynnet.

I'd love to do sections 7 and 8, if that's okay.

Thanks,
Dan
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. I will just assign one section for now, but once that has been submitted, you will be free to claim any sections that are still open. Your section will be held for 1 month pending your test. Please keep in touch if there is a problem.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will be taken to your catalog page.Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
brainmonkey

Post by brainmonkey »

Thanks for the detailed instructions, Lynne!

I've posted my test to the Listeners Wanted forum as you asked. I'd like my real name (Daniel Holbrow) used in the catalog, if that's okay.

Thanks again,
Dan
Lynnet wrote: April 7th, 2021, 2:18 pm
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. I will just assign one section for now, but once that has been submitted, you will be free to claim any sections that are still open. Your section will be held for 1 month pending your test. Please keep in touch if there is a problem.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will be taken to your catalog page.Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

brainmonkey wrote: April 7th, 2021, 6:58 pm Thanks for the detailed instructions, Lynne!

I've posted my test to the Listeners Wanted forum as you asked. I'd like my real name (Daniel Holbrow) used in the catalog, if that's okay.

Thanks again,
Dan
Lynnet wrote: April 7th, 2021, 2:18 pm
Lynne
:thumbs:
JWowsers

Post by JWowsers »

Thank you for your help, Lynnet and Adri! :D

Here is the link to Chapter 3: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/whentheworldshook_03_haggard_128kb.mp3 (20:18)

Please enjoy your weekends! :clap:
Last edited by JWowsers on April 9th, 2021, 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
AdriPrev

Post by AdriPrev »

Chapter 3 is PL OK! MW updated.
Also, make sure to post the file duration along with the link next time. Thanks!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AdriPrev wrote: April 8th, 2021, 3:47 pm
Also, make sure to post the file duration along with the link next time. Thanks!
We already had the file duration. No need to mention it again unless it has changed drastically (maybe a minute or more).
AdriPrev

Post by AdriPrev »

Lynnet wrote: April 8th, 2021, 4:13 pm We already had the file duration. No need to mention it again unless it has changed drastically (maybe a minute or more).
But this is a new chapter?