COMPLETE [GROUP/RELIGION, with 3 DR dialogues] Later Treatises of Saint Athanasius, Archbishop of Alexandria-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

I have uploaded my first section. If anyone is keen to PL, it would be appreciated.
Medieval History Volume 02 The Rise of the Saracens and the Foundation of the Western Empire 99% 1 left! "The Carlovingian Revolution, and Frankish Intervention in Italy Part 3 by G. L. Burr"
DPL DPL 27 19 43
ChristopherFoeckler

Post by ChristopherFoeckler »

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ChristopherFoeckler wrote: March 11th, 2021, 3:01 pm Section 1 is ready for review. Here you go: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/latertreatises_01_athanasius_128kb.mp3
Thanks, MW updated!
Medieval History Volume 02 The Rise of the Saracens and the Foundation of the Western Empire 99% 1 left! "The Carlovingian Revolution, and Frankish Intervention in Italy Part 3 by G. L. Burr"
DPL DPL 27 19 43
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ChristopherFoeckler wrote: March 11th, 2021, 3:01 pm Section 1 is ready for review. Here you go: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/latertreatises_01_athanasius_128kb.mp3
Hi Christopher, well read, I greatly enjoyed your rendition. Towards the end, the birdsong in the background became noticeable but I didn't find it particualrly distracting so you are welcome to leave it as is if it doesn't trouble you.

In terms of proof listening, the volume is a bit low (~80 dB) where we need it to be between 86-92 dB on average. The easiest way to fix this it to use some of audacity's built in plugins. The Loudness Normalisation effect will bring the volume up to the right level (it's only in the latest version of Audacity so you might need to upgrade).

Run the following 3 effects in this order:
Normalize (DC ticked, peak ticked -0.0, stereo unticked)
Compressor (Threshold -14, Noise Floor -25, Ratio 7:1, Attack 0.5, Release 1.9, Make up to 0dB ticked, compress peaks unticked)
Loudness Normalisation ('perceived loudness', -20 LUFS, he two checkboxes don't matter).

Once you've done that, you can re-export and re-upload with the same filename.
DPL DPL 27 19 43
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, here is Orthodox for Dialogue 1

I don't know if you want voice credit or any intro/outro but they are included to use or discard as you wish.
I was also challenged by the names and references near the end where citations were being given by Orthodox, where some of the names and abbreviations were unfamiliar to me. Let me know if I need to change something there.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/latertreatises_09_athanasius_128kb.flac
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

silverquill wrote: April 29th, 2021, 10:33 am Well, here is Orthodox for Dialogue 1

I don't know if you want voice credit or any intro/outro but they are included to use or discard as you wish.
I was also challenged by the names and references near the end where citations were being given by Orthodox, where some of the names and abbreviations were unfamiliar to me. Let me know if I need to change something there.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/latertreatises_09_athanasius_128kb.flac
Nice! Will PL soon and hopefully record at the same time. To be honest, I've never BCed for something with a dialog before so I know that voice credits are a thing, I'm not sure when they are usually done. What's you seasoned advice?
DPL DPL 27 19 43
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

PMs sent to assigned readers of section 1-3.
DPL DPL 27 19 43
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

silverquill wrote: April 29th, 2021, 10:33 am Well, here is Orthodox for Dialogue 1

Thanks Larry, I've recorded mine and edited it together. Quite fine and I like how it sounds. You did a good job with the names - the can all stay as they are. These are justa precis of the full dialogue by Theodoret but I think they still do a good job without getting bogged down in very long quotations.

A couple of PL notes for you:

(I'll give them as pages rather than timestamps because I've already edited it together. It's not orthodox - heh -, but maybe you just want to upload a file containing these sentences as section 10 and then I'll splice it into the edited file rather than reuploading the original)

p.182 "but as having all that characterises Abraham's nature"
p.184 "There may be some here who are uninitiated"
p.186 "from Gnosticism to the Jewish "faction:"" (stress the word Jewish since he's saying 'from the Gnostic faction to the Jewish faction')
p.187 "in the middle portion of the psalm it is said of this great King, the Son of David"
p.188 "Likeness of men" means that while He was God, He appeared to be man."
p.189 "Yes, — and think over the points on which we are now agreed."
DPL DPL 27 19 43
ElizaZ

Post by ElizaZ »

May I please read section 2 Epistle to Jovian?
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ElizaZ wrote: May 15th, 2021, 2:23 pm May I please read section 2 Epistle to Jovian?
Assigned!
DPL DPL 27 19 43
skdreaderchicago

Post by skdreaderchicago »

I'll read

4 Letter to Epictetus, Bishop of Corinth p.45
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

skdreaderchicago wrote: May 15th, 2021, 7:09 pm I'll read

4 Letter to Epictetus, Bishop of Corinth p.45
Welcome to LV!

It would be great to have you record the Letter to Epictetus. We'd just need you to do your recording test so that your technical specs are all ok. The most likely issue that you'll have is noise recution and the overall volume (which is best measured using the ReplayGain audacity plugin).

I'll put you down for the Letter as soon as your test is up!
DPL DPL 27 19 43
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

It looks like just two sections remain for claiming:
3 Epistle to the African Bishops
5 Letter to Adelphius
I am willing to take both.
mscllc
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

mscllc wrote: May 21st, 2021, 2:06 pm It looks like just two sections remain for claiming:
3 Epistle to the African Bishops
5 Letter to Adelphius
I am willing to take both.
mscllc
Assigned! Enjoy.

I don't know if you have any interest in PLing things but I can't PL my own sections so if you like that kind of thing then I'd be very glad of assistance. Particularly section 9 is interesting if historical theology is interesting to you and you don't feel intimidated by technical distinctions.
DPL DPL 27 19 43
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

Thank you for these two sections which I will record in due time.
I don't know if you have any interest in PLing things but I can't PL my own sections so if you like that kind of thing then I'd be very glad of assistance. Particularly section 9 is interesting if historical theology is interesting to you and you don't feel intimidated by technical distinctions.
While I think that I could enjoy PLing, I am inclined for the moment to continue recording (with my study time available); the only thing that has changed is that after a few hundred hours "solo" with Thomas Aquinas (who however continually quotes other people), I am more prone at the moment to branch out to other authors and "collaborate" on other projects in the works that are of interest, like here. Nonetheless, thank you for the invitation, which I will certainly keep in mind in the event my inclinations/circumstances change.

mscllc