[COMPLETE] Theological Essays by Bradlaugh - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

wib66 wrote: April 17th, 2021, 2:23 pm Here is section 23

21:27
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/theologicalessays_23_bradlaugh_128kb.mp3
Section 23 PL Notes:
~16:38 repeat (2nd instance starts around this timestamp)
Medieval History Volume 02 The Rise of the Saracens and the Foundation of the Western Empire 99% 1 left! "The Carlovingian Revolution, and Frankish Intervention in Italy Part 3 by G. L. Burr"
DPL DPL 27 19 43
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

swanninlove wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 12:59 pm Here is section 11 - A Plea for Atheism Pt. 1 :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/theologicalessays_11_bradlaugh_128kb.mp3

34:48
Hi! Thanks for your first submission to LV!

I started listening to this file and found it hard to listen to for technical reasons - I think either it was exported as a low bitrate MP3 and then converted to a higher bitrate or you have done some kind of post-processing that has caused some audio artifacts (particularly in the higher frequencies). I listened to you 1 minute test and it didn't seem to have the same issues.

Do you know what you did differently? Also, do you still have the raw recoridng files? If so, do you want to try processing them a bit less and then reupload or even upload the raw files (without any processing) as a 128kbps mp3?

Maybe put a pause on your second section until we get this sorted out so that you don't have extra work to do!

We should be able to get this sorted out soon :)
Medieval History Volume 02 The Rise of the Saracens and the Foundation of the Western Empire 99% 1 left! "The Carlovingian Revolution, and Frankish Intervention in Italy Part 3 by G. L. Burr"
DPL DPL 27 19 43
swanninlove

Post by swanninlove »

InTheDesert wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:53 pm
swanninlove wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 12:59 pm Here is section 11 - A Plea for Atheism Pt. 1 :)

Hi! Thanks for your first submission to LV!

I started listening to this file and found it hard to listen to for technical reasons - I think either it was exported as a low bitrate MP3 and then converted to a higher bitrate or you have done some kind of post-processing that has caused some audio artifacts (particularly in the higher frequencies). I listened to you 1 minute test and it didn't seem to have the same issues.

Do you know what you did differently? Also, do you still have the raw recoridng files? If so, do you want to try processing them a bit less and then reupload or even upload the raw files (without any processing) as a 128kbps mp3?

Maybe put a pause on your second section until we get this sorted out so that you don't have extra work to do!

We should be able to get this sorted out soon :)
Hi, sorry about the issues! I did not realize my post-processing was a bit harsh, since I re-listened to it on fairly low volume. I unfortunately did not save the raw recording file, but I've reuploaded with a low-pass filter that seems to have dealt with the high-frequency audio artifacts.

Let me know if that resolves the issues - alternately I may re-record the section, since I've also updated my recording equipment recently.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

InTheDesert wrote: April 25th, 2021, 6:38 pm

Section 23 PL Notes:
This is now edited and reuploaded thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

swanninlove wrote: April 27th, 2021, 6:05 am Hi, sorry about the issues! I did not realize my post-processing was a bit harsh, since I re-listened to it on fairly low volume. I unfortunately did not save the raw recording file, but I've reuploaded with a low-pass filter that seems to have dealt with the high-frequency audio artifacts.

[snip]

Let me know if that resolves the issues - alternately I may re-record the section, since I've also updated my recording equipment recently.
I've had a listen too now.
In the beginning it sounds as if you're very close to the microphone, you're very quiet, almost as if you're trying to sound ... soft if that makes sense? A bit further on you're getting into the reading and you sound more confident.

From a quality point of view, it's acceptable in the sense that we have recordings of this quality in the catalog. It is still overprocessed though and not a sublime listening experience. :wink: It sounds as if you're using a rather cheap microphone. Your test was much better from a quality point of view.

Since this was such a long recording, I really don't want to force you to redo it. I'll leave this up to you.
However, I would encourage you to do another test with the recording setup that you intend to use so we can find out the sweet spot for whatever you need to do in post-processing.

For the time being, it may also be a good idea to keep an unprocessed recording after you've done all the edits so you can go back to it if needed. Once you got your processes down to a T, it's not necessary any longer. :wink:

Let me know what you think about it.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

wib66 wrote: April 27th, 2021, 11:16 am
InTheDesert wrote: April 25th, 2021, 6:38 pm

Section 23 PL Notes:
This is now edited and reuploaded thanks
Section 23 PL OK
DPL DPL 27 19 43
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you! 8-)
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
bdixon702

Post by bdixon702 »

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Oh, thank YOU! :wink:

I also sent a pm re PL notes to Elizabeth and Conan.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

bdixon702 wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 1:27 am Section 17 at 23:22

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/theologicalessays_17_bradlaugh_128kb.mp3

Thank you
Section 17 PL Notes:

A number of these are names so you are free to decide whether you want to change them :)

~2:53 (optional x2) "Josephus" - usually pronounced Joe-see-fuss
~7:45 "deity" - usually pronounced day-it-ee
~11:09 "tithes" - usually pronounced tie-ths
~11:41 (optional) "Josephus"
~14:12 (optional) "Sinai" - usually pronounced Sigh-nigh or Sigh-nay-eye
~18:20-19:30 (optional, many times in this time range) "Balak" and "Balaam" - usually pronounced Bay-lak and Bay-lem
~22:47 "deity" (x3)
DPL DPL 27 19 43
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you!

Pronunciation is outside of the scope of "standard" PL, since it often varies by reader's location (AE/BE/Aussie-E etc), so we don't usually comment on it.

Since all of these PL notes are only pronunciation, I am leaving this entirely up to the reader if he'd want to fix them. Either way is fine with me. :)
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Bill Mosley

Post by Bill Mosley »

Howdy from Texas!

I'd like to do

29 A Few Words on the Christian's Creed 3700 words. Please include end-of-book outro.

So I get to do an outro.....
Bill

How did it get so late so soon?
It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
~Dr. Seuss
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

It's yours, thanks for claiming!

You've been here for years - you must have done a book outro in that time, no? :hmm:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Bill Mosley

Post by Bill Mosley »

Availle wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 3:26 pm It's yours, thanks for claiming!

You've been here for years - you must have done a book outro in that time, no? :hmm:
I don't think I've done an outro on a book that I wasn't BC or Soloist. Maybe once, but still, it's just one of the fun things to do LV!
Bill

It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
~Dr. Seuss