[COMPLETE] Theological Essays by Bradlaugh - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Roxby

Post by Roxby »

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Roxby wrote: July 12th, 2021, 9:02 am Here it is!

Time: 18:07
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/theologicalessays_04_bradlaugh_128kb.mp3
Volume ok!
Reading ok!
Editing ok!
PL OK!

great job you've got the hang of this
Medieval History Volume 02 The Rise of the Saracens and the Foundation of the Western Empire 99% 1 left! "The Carlovingian Revolution, and Frankish Intervention in Italy Part 3 by G. L. Burr"
DPL DPL 27 19 43
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you very much!

Just in case you didn't know, Roxby, we have a 2-month deadline on all our sections... And yours has passed a month ago. :wink: With the project wrapping up I would appreciate if you could get your other two sections in, ahem, a bit faster? :)

I have received word from Bill that he needs a bit more time on his section; but I have opened up section 28 for somebody else since the reader didn't come back to it.

Finally, I have pm'ed elizabeth regarding her PLnotes for section 11, and didn't get a reply. The notes look rather extensive - what do you think we should do with it, InTheDesert?
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Availle wrote: July 16th, 2021, 10:27 pm Finally, I have pm'ed elizabeth regarding her PLnotes for section 11, and didn't get a reply. The notes look rather extensive - what do you think we should do with it, InTheDesert?
Having listened to some older LV recordings recently, I would say that both section 2 and 11 are within the bounds set by other catalogued projects. The only thing I can't remember is whether I PLed all the way through section 11 since I noticed the audio artifacts early in the track.
Medieval History Volume 02 The Rise of the Saracens and the Foundation of the Western Empire 99% 1 left! "The Carlovingian Revolution, and Frankish Intervention in Italy Part 3 by G. L. Burr"
DPL DPL 27 19 43
Roxby

Post by Roxby »

Hi there - sorry for the delay, I will be recording my last two sections this week.

I'll keep you posted.
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

I'm happy to do section 28
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'd love you to - go ahead! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Section 28:

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/theologicalessays_28_bradlaugh_128kb.mp3 19m41s, Jake Malizia

In the Gutenberg text, there was a passage whereby some footnotes were erroneously included in the main body of the text. I did my best to skirt around them - hopefully I didn't leave out anything from the main text... I think it was just the footnotes in error, but if I did it wrong, let me know!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

That was faster than I expected! :shock:

Well done! :clap:
Okay, it's actually our DPL's job to tell you that :wink: Please give him a few days to get back to you!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Availle wrote: July 21st, 2021, 6:02 am That was faster than I expected! :shock:

Well done! :clap:
Okay, it's actually our DPL's job to tell you that :wink: Please give him a few days to get back to you!
No problem! And thanks :D
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

PL is incoming - I've downloaded it but I didn't get to it in my long PLing session today. Fear not, it isn't forgotten.
DPL DPL 27 19 43
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

jakemalizia wrote: July 21st, 2021, 5:00 am Section 28:

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/theologicalessays_28_bradlaugh_128kb.mp3 19m41s, Jake Malizia

In the Gutenberg text, there was a passage whereby some footnotes were erroneously included in the main body of the text. I did my best to skirt around them - hopefully I didn't leave out anything from the main text... I think it was just the footnotes in error, but if I did it wrong, let me know!
PL OK! Nicely done.
DPL DPL 27 19 43
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Availle wrote: July 16th, 2021, 10:27 pm Thank you very much!

Just in case you didn't know, Roxby, we have a 2-month deadline on all our sections... And yours has passed a month ago. :wink: With the project wrapping up I would appreciate if you could get your other two sections in, ahem, a bit faster? :)

I have received word from Bill that he needs a bit more time on his section; but I have opened up section 28 for somebody else since the reader didn't come back to it.

Finally, I have pm'ed elizabeth regarding her PLnotes for section 11, and didn't get a reply. The notes look rather extensive - what do you think we should do with it, InTheDesert?
Should I mark these as PL OK?
DPL DPL 27 19 43
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Well, tricky decision... :?

What you said about section 11 in your first PL notes seems to indicate that you didn't listen to the whole file. And I cannot find any later mention that you did - could you make a full PL before I make a call?

With section 2 I'm almost inclined to have it recorded by somebody else since the PL notes on this one are not only pronunciation... :hmm:
What do you think?
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Availle wrote: July 26th, 2021, 4:49 am Well, tricky decision... :?

What you said about section 11 in your first PL notes seems to indicate that you didn't listen to the whole file. And I cannot find any later mention that you did - could you make a full PL before I make a call?

With section 2 I'm almost inclined to have it recorded by somebody else since the PL notes on this one are not only pronunciation... :hmm:
What do you think?
For section 11, there's a repeat ~20:51. The word Ieue is hardly ever spoken...

Also at 17:50, the French is hard to hear (might just be my lack of French).
DPL DPL 27 19 43