COMPLETE [HISTORY] The Waning of the Middle-Ages, by Johan Huizinga-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

MillYule wrote: April 15th, 2021, 2:02 pm Hello! Please can I take section 9 (the miltary and political value of chivalrous ideas one)? This is my first reading but I'm used to reading medieval history as that's my degree. Thank you!
Hello, and welcome to LibriVox. Thanks for claiming, I will assign you the section, but we suggest that, before you start, you try the 1-minute test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Thank you very much!
Leni
=================
MillYule

Post by MillYule »

Thank you! I'll try it as soon as my microphone comes in the post :D
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Hallo.
I would like to read section 18: Symbolism in its Decline.

Emanuela
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

wib66 wrote: April 17th, 2021, 1:10 pm Here are sections 7 and 8 I do hope I haven't massacred the French too much.

21:20
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/waningofthemiddleages_07_huizinga_128kb.mp3

21:51
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/waningofthemiddleages_08_huizinga_128kb.mp3
Thanks, I'll PL soon. Oh, we have all massacred a few languages in our LV times! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Eysiss wrote: April 17th, 2021, 2:14 pm Hallo.
I would like to read section 18: Symbolism in its Decline.

Emanuela
Sure, thanks for claiming!
Leni
=================
maulsbyron

Post by maulsbyron »

Hello, I have a question about block quotations in 14th-century French. Would it be preferred to read them out in whatever French I can muster (with text-to-speech as a guide), or should I read the English translation given in the footnote instead? If the latter, do I specify verbally that this translation is from the footnote?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

maulsbyron wrote: April 18th, 2021, 11:23 am Hello, I have a question about block quotations in 14th-century French. Would it be preferred to read them out in whatever French I can muster (with text-to-speech as a guide), or should I read the English translation given in the footnote instead? If the latter, do I specify verbally that this translation is from the footnote?
Thanks for asking! My suggestion is that you read the French as best you can and then say FOOTNOTE (read the translation) END OF FOOTNOTE. So then it is clear that the text brings the French, but also people will be able to follow the English. I think this is one of those footnotes that adds to the text! :lol:
Leni
=================
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Leni wrote: April 18th, 2021, 11:39 am
maulsbyron wrote: April 18th, 2021, 11:23 am Hello, I have a question about block quotations in 14th-century French. Would it be preferred to read them out in whatever French I can muster (with text-to-speech as a guide), or should I read the English translation given in the footnote instead? If the latter, do I specify verbally that this translation is from the footnote?
Thanks for asking! My suggestion is that you read the French as best you can and then say FOOTNOTE (read the translation) END OF FOOTNOTE. So then it is clear that the text brings the French, but also people will be able to follow the English. I think this is one of those footnotes that adds to the text! :lol:
Don't know if it helps but I cut and pasted the French text into Google translate. I then listened to it in small sections and recorded myself repeating what was said. I just let the file run whilst recording so it did record the French of the google but then just cut that out afterwards.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
maulsbyron

Post by maulsbyron »

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

maulsbyron wrote: April 20th, 2021, 9:24 pm Hello, I'm done with section 12. Length 26:36.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/waningofthemiddleages_12_huizinga_128kb.mp3
Thanks much! Our PLer will give you some feedback soon, stay tuned! :D
Leni
=================
jaykaymak

Post by jaykaymak »

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

jaykaymak wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 4:07 am Hi, here is section 15. Length 29:30
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/waningofthemiddleages_15_huizinga_128kb.mp3
Thanks!
Leni
=================
Gabbs1715

Post by Gabbs1715 »

Can I claim section 24 The Aesthetic Sentiment?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Gabbs1715 wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 2:06 pm Can I claim section 24 The Aesthetic Sentiment?
Hello, and welcome to LibriVox. Thanks for claiming, I will assign you the section, but we suggest that, before you start, you try the 1-minute test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Thank you very much!
Leni
=================