COMPLETE The Burglars' Club by Henry Augustus Hering - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

MannAmar wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 11:03 am Hello, I think I have done all that is required. Here is the link
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/luck_of_the_illingworths.mp3
Thank you, and congratulations on your first recording! :clap:

The tech specs are indeed correct :thumbs: The volume, however, is quite low. I think I'll be able to fix it, but for future recordings, see if you can increase your microphone's input volume, so that it records with a higher volume.
If you are using Audacity, a good visual hint is when the wave-form peaks above the 0.5 mark throughout the track. :

There's a short phrase missing in the recording, it would go around 08:53 "So soon? Show me the plan again to refresh my memory."
And also the closing phrase for the recording is missing "End of Chapter 3" leaving 5 seconds of silence after that.
Would you be able to add these two phrases in the recording and re-upload? There are probably various ways to do it. I use Audacity, and I record the fixes in a new file, then copy and paste the phrases in where I need them in the master file.
When you are ready to upload again, please use this filename: burglarsclub_03_hering_128kb.mp3

I hope you liked recording! It is one of those things that the more you do, the more you enjoy! :mrgreen:
Parisjim

Post by Parisjim »

Hi all!

I am a newcomer to Librivox and would like to sign up for Section VI "The Bunyan MS." Thank you.

Parisjim
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Awesome! Welcome to Librivox and to this project. :clap: I'll sign you up for section 6 :thumbs: Is there a specific name you'd like to be credited by as a reader in the catalogue? By the way MS here stands for "manuscript", so you can read it like that.
Parisjim

Post by Parisjim »

Thanks!

I'll use my actual name Jim Pierson-Perry for reader credits (or as the target for virtual tomatoes, depending on the quality of my recording . . . <grin>).
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hahaha! I like your humour; I think you'll enjoy your section!

So here's your Reader Page https://librivox.org/reader/15858 which you can also access from your name-link in the Magic Window. It lists the projects you read for and can also help you keep track of your sections in ongoing projects, under the Reader Section Details link. Your catalogue name can be changed any time, just ask an admin/MC to do it for you. And as you see, we can also add a personal URL if you'd like one shown.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Chapter 7 uploaded: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/burglarsclub_07_hering_128kb.mp3

Duration: 37:06

Cheers

Steve
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, Steve! Amazing! :clap:
If easy to add, I noticed a small phrase missing from the dialogue:
"Put it back. You shan't lose by it." "Wot d'ye mean?" "I'm looking for something myself.[...]
It would go around 12:50 in the recording.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Rapunzelina wrote: February 27th, 2021, 11:59 am Thank you, Steve! Amazing! :clap:
If easy to add, I noticed a small phrase missing from the dialogue: "Put it back. You shan't lose by it." "Wot d'ye mean?" "I'm looking for something myself.[...]
It would go around 12:50 in the recording.
I was tempted to say, "Wot d'ye mean?" ;) But of course, you were right - well spotted!

It turns out that the phrase had been removed by Mr William Sikes (The Burgler) - Well, he had nicked nearly everything else that he could lay his hands on in the story! :)

File re-uploaded: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/burglarsclub_07_hering_128kb.mp3

Revised duration: 37:08

Cheers

Steve
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

:D Thank you so much, Steve, for the new upload, and especially for the laugh!

PL OK!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Could I claim Section 4 - The Fellmongers' Goblet?

Thanks

Steve
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Yes, please and thank you!
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi,

I am sure I'm not the only one to catch the familiar name of Bill Sikes in chapter Seven. I am sure it was no coincidence. Thank you Charles Dickins. 😁

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

:D
msvatora

Post by msvatora »

May I claim chapter 9 - The Horseshoe and the Peppercorn? Thanks!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Awesome, Matthew! Enjoy chapter 9!