COMPLETE Othello by William Shakespeare (Version 2) - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I think this is PL OK. It contains everything from the title page, the contents, to dramatis personae and the last line there "SCENE: The First Act in Venice; during the rest of the Play at a Seaport in Cyprus."
So if that's what you wanted for this section, YuqingJune, then you can mark it PL OK when you enter it in the MW :thumbs:
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Rapunzelina wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 7:15 am I think this is PL OK. It contains everything from the title page, the contents, to dramatis personae and the last line there "SCENE: The First Act in Venice; during the rest of the Play at a Seaport in Cyprus."
So if that's what you wanted for this section, YuqingJune, then you can mark it PL OK when you enter it in the MW :thumbs:
Alright, thank you both!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Sections 3, 4, and 5 are open due to long-term inactivity of the readers who previously claimed them :wink:

Can you please move us back to Readers Wanted, Rapunzelina?
Thank you!
Cheers,
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

How time flies! Back to Readers Wanted
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Well, well, what a surprise to see Othello show up as reading material! And luckily ( for me, anyway, whom no one has ever accused of being too dramatic) as a 'non-dramatic' reading. I've never done a play reading (either dramatic or non-) but would be glad to pick up section 3 if you think my voice and (perhaps flat) style would fit in. Like an earlier reader (and no doubt legions of theater-goers) Iago has always fascinated me just as a character. I assume we just read it as printed, with character announcements, stage directions, etc. just slightly under-toned as necessary, correct? Let me know if you think I might fit in here, as I'd love to try to 'bring it to life' as much as my 'flat earth' style will allow. No hard feeling either way, of course, we is what we is what we is!
Thanks, Brize Crize
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

BrizeCrize wrote: June 18th, 2021, 6:59 am Well, well, what a surprise to see Othello show up as reading material! And luckily ( for me, anyway, whom no one has ever accused of being too dramatic) as a 'non-dramatic' reading. I've never done a play reading (either dramatic or non-) but would be glad to pick up section 3 if you think my voice and (perhaps flat) style would fit in. Like an earlier reader (and no doubt legions of theater-goers) Iago has always fascinated me just as a character. I assume we just read it as printed, with character announcements, stage directions, etc. just slightly under-toned as necessary, correct? Let me know if you think I might fit in here, as I'd love to try to 'bring it to life' as much as my 'flat earth' style will allow. No hard feeling either way, of course, we is what we is what we is!
Thanks, Brize Crize
Yup, that's exactly it! Welcome on board :thumbs:
Cheers,
Vineymala

Post by Vineymala »

Hi
I would like to claim Act 5
Regards
Viney Mala
:D
Lunar314

Post by Lunar314 »

Hi,

I'd like to record parts 4 and 5 if that's ok. I haven't posted my one minute sample yet, but I have a booth and equipment. I'll post the sample in a day or two.

Thank you!

Lunar314
lunar314
Lunar314

Post by Lunar314 »

Hello again,

I've posted my 1-minute sample, but here is the link as well, if you'd like to listen.

Hope all is well!

Thank you!

lunar314

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_lunar314.mp3
lunar314
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Vineymala wrote: June 21st, 2021, 11:15 pm Hi
I would like to claim Act 5
Regards
Viney Mala
Nice, thank you for helping out!
Cheers,
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Lunar314 wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 8:59 am Hi,

I'd like to record parts 4 and 5 if that's ok. I haven't posted my one minute sample yet, but I have a booth and equipment. I'll post the sample in a day or two.

Thank you!

Lunar314
The feedback looks good :thumbs:
Congratulations for passing your 1-minute test!

I'm afraid Viney has already signed up for section 5 before you. Part 4 is still yours nonetheless!

Thanks for getting us fully booked again :lol:
Cheers,
Lunar314

Post by Lunar314 »

Part 4 sounds great! Thank you!
lunar314
Vineymala

Post by Vineymala »

Hi

Here is my recording of Act 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/othello_05_shakespeare_128kb.mp3

Duration :38 min.43 sec.
Hope it`s ok.

Regards
Viney Mala
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Vineymala wrote: June 26th, 2021, 2:44 am Hi

Here is my recording of Act 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/othello_05_shakespeare_128kb.mp3

Duration :38 min.43 sec.
Hope it`s ok.

Regards
Viney Mala
I've updated the status in the MW to Ready for PL. Thanks!
Cheers,
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Viney! Act 5 is great, just one small thing; if you could add "end of act 5", just before "end of Othello ..."