COMPLETE: Doctor Grimshawe's Secret by Nathaniel Hawthorne -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

SarahJade03 wrote: April 4th, 2021, 12:31 pm Can I read chapter 3 please? Thank you!
Welcome to Librivox.

I will reserve section 3 for you but you will need the ok for your completed 1 minute test. I have listened to the test and posted some notes for edits that will need doing before you are given the go ahead to record longer sections.

Also can you let me know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. It can be your forum name, real name, or any other pseudonym of your choice thanks.

We hope you have fun and please, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

I started working on the chapters that I claimed for this book, and then got distracted by the March Clean-up. I look forward to picking up where I left off on this one. Thank you for your patience.
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
wib66

Post by wib66 »

GraceBuchanan wrote: April 4th, 2021, 3:27 pm I started working on the chapters that I claimed for this book, and then got distracted by the March Clean-up. I look forward to picking up where I left off on this one. Thank you for your patience.
Not a problem at all I think we all got swept up in the March Clean Up thanks for checking in.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
djrose

Post by djrose »

Sadly I'm going to have to withdraw from doing chapter 19. I had it recorded and my computer just fried itself. It was really good too. But it's going to take me a while before I can afford to fix the computer. Not very happy and really sorry.
---
Peace and Love,
DJ
wib66

Post by wib66 »

djrose wrote: April 6th, 2021, 8:15 am Sadly I'm going to have to withdraw from doing chapter 19. I had it recorded and my computer just fried itself. It was really good too. But it's going to take me a while before I can afford to fix the computer. Not very happy and really sorry.
Oh no I am so sorry to hear that it's really frustrating when that happens. Thank you for letting me know and I do hope you get it sorted soon.
Michele
kharrelson

Post by kharrelson »

Kayty Harrelson l Recording on Audacity
"People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading." —Logan Pearsall Smith
wib66

Post by wib66 »

kharrelson wrote: April 9th, 2021, 5:42 pm Here's my recording of Chapter 8. Thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/drgrimshawessecret_08_hawthorne_128kb.mp3
18:37
Thank you
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
lisajablow

Post by lisajablow »

Great, thanks!

Thank you queued for PL
[/quote]
majikat

Post by majikat »

Hi, sounds like Chapter 19 is available, ok if I claim it?
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for chapter 8

00:11 missing line
"Doctor Grimshawe's Secret, by Nathaniel Hawthorne. chapter 8."

Thanks if you could add in the missing line and re upload using the same filename that would be great.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

majikat wrote: April 13th, 2021, 10:15 pm Hi, sounds like Chapter 19 is available, ok if I claim it?
Thanks I will sign you up.
Can you let me know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. It can be your real name, forum name or any other pseudonym you choose
Michele
majikat

Post by majikat »

Here's my shot at Chapter 19. Runtime: 33:48. I know volume is on the low end at 86.3 dB, it was as much as I could amplify it without clipping. My name for the catalogue is Katina Papadakis. Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/drgrimshawessecret_19_hawthorne_128kb.mp3
wib66

Post by wib66 »

majikat wrote: April 16th, 2021, 2:29 pm Here's my shot at Chapter 19. Runtime: 33:48. I know volume is on the low end at 86.3 dB, it was as much as I could amplify it without clipping. My name for the catalogue is Katina Papadakis. Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/drgrimshawessecret_19_hawthorne_128kb.mp3
Thank you
Michele