COMPLETE: Doctor Grimshawe's Secret by Nathaniel Hawthorne -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Venice

Post by Venice »

wib66 wrote: March 28th, 2021, 3:41 am Hi venice that is now PL OK and you are good to go and find something you would like to record. Have fun and please ask if you have any questions.
I appreciate it. Thank you so much! :)
Good things happen to those who wait.
Venice

Post by Venice »

wib66 wrote: March 28th, 2021, 3:41 am Hi venice that is now PL OK and you are good to go and find something you would like to record. Have fun and please ask if you have any questions.
should I read the "[end note 1]" and "[end note 2]"?
wib66

Post by wib66 »

should I read the "[end note 1]" and "[end note 2]"?
Hi there is no need to read the endnotes thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Preface is PL OK thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
magejlewis

Post by magejlewis »

Here is chapter 9, with my attempts at character voices
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/drgrimshawessecret_09_hawthorne_128kb.mp3
It passed the checker at 91.1 db, and runs 23:29

I don't think I will be able to do chapter 8 though, so you can open that up for someone else. Sorry.
Venice

Post by Venice »

JessicaHendra

Post by JessicaHendra »

Hi!

Responding to:

"Just want to check as 24 is taken shall I assign you 22 and 23 instead. Thanks"

Perfect, I will do 22 and 23

Jessica
wib66

Post by wib66 »

magejlewis wrote: March 28th, 2021, 1:49 pm Here is chapter 9, with my attempts at character voices
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/drgrimshawessecret_09_hawthorne_128kb.mp3
It passed the checker at 91.1 db, and runs 23:29

I don't think I will be able to do chapter 8 though, so you can open that up for someone else. Sorry.
Thank you for your section no worries about section 8 thanks for letting me know
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Venice wrote: March 28th, 2021, 6:51 pm Here's my first shot at section 18.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/drgrimshawessecet_18_hawthorne_128kb.mp3

Duration: 32:07
Thank you for your section
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 16 is PL OK thanks
Michele
kharrelson

Post by kharrelson »

It appears Chapter 8 still needs a reader so I'd like to sign up for that, please.
Kayty Harrelson l Recording on Audacity
"People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading." —Logan Pearsall Smith
wib66

Post by wib66 »

kharrelson wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 4:42 pm It appears Chapter 8 still needs a reader so I'd like to sign up for that, please.
Thankyou for claiming I have signed you up.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for Chapter 9

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently shorter than this

Also it is my fault as the first post in the thread was not very clear but would you be able to change the intro and outro to Chapter 9 rather than section 9. It would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for section 18

Hi and thank you for your reading.
I am afraid I have caused confusion in the first post with how I would like the introduction and ending. If you could please say
Chapter 18 at the beginning and end of the file rather than section 18 that would be great.

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently shorter than this

There is a lot of background noise sounds like children playing and cars in the background. If you could run it through noise reduction that would help somewhat.

Step 1 - Select a piece of background noise
Select a piece of background noise (no speech, breaths or other noises) in your audio.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... A dialog will pop up.
Click "Get Noise Profile" The dialog box will close instantly.

Step 2 - Noise Reduction
Press CTRL-A / Command-A to select your complete recording.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... again. Note: don't select "Repeat Noise Reduction" -- that instantly applies the default settings; you want to adjust the settings and preview the results before you apply the noise filters.

Set Noise Reduction (dB) to 12
Set sensitivity to 6.00
Set frequency smoothing bands to 3
Choose Noise: Reduce
Click ok
This should solve the problem. Always make sure you listen to files through headphones so that you can notice any background noise that needs removing. I have tried this setting on your file and it works. It would be good for you to do this yourself so that you can hear the difference.

Please could you carry out the edits then upload the file using the same file name. If you need any more help please just ask. Thanks
Last edited by wib66 on August 4th, 2021, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michele
SarahJade03

Post by SarahJade03 »

Can I read chapter 3 please? Thank you!