COMPLETE: Doctor Grimshawe's Secret by Nathaniel Hawthorne -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Chapter 17 is PL OK thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
kharrelson

Post by kharrelson »

wib66 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 2:28 pm PL Notes for chapter 8

00:11 missing line
"Doctor Grimshawe's Secret, by Nathaniel Hawthorne. chapter 8."

Thanks if you could add in the missing line and re upload using the same filename that would be great.
Whoops! Sorry for skipping that. It should be fixed now, thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/drgrimshawessecret_08_hawthorne_128kb.mp3
18:42
Kayty Harrelson l Recording on Audacity
"People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading." —Logan Pearsall Smith
Eyeyamyam

Post by Eyeyamyam »

Hi! Can I PL Chapter 19? Note that this would be my first time doing a PL (I just joined LibriVox), but I have reviewed the Wiki and done the quiz :)

-Anna
happy as a yam
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Eyeyamyam wrote: April 19th, 2021, 6:23 am Hi! Can I PL Chapter 19? Note that this would be my first time doing a PL (I just joined LibriVox), but I have reviewed the Wiki and done the quiz :)

-Anna
Hi thank you for the offer but I am already the DPL on this project. If you wish to help with PL ing then you can go to the following thread and find projects that are looking for a PL thanks
As you have done here make sure you ask first before you do any PL ing to make sure there is not already someone doing that job.

Here is the link to the Solo projects if you see a Tilde (~ ) at the beginning of the title there may be a need for a PL you will have to go and check the thread to make sure.
viewforum.php?f=12

On the following thread BC and MC advertise for PL'ers so you might see something there that you would like to offer to PL.
viewforum.php?f=21
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

kharrelson wrote: April 18th, 2021, 4:05 pm
wib66 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 2:28 pm PL Notes for chapter 8

00:11 missing line
"Doctor Grimshawe's Secret, by Nathaniel Hawthorne. chapter 8."

Thanks if you could add in the missing line and re upload using the same filename that would be great.
Whoops! Sorry for skipping that. It should be fixed now, thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/drgrimshawessecret_08_hawthorne_128kb.mp3
18:42
Hi that's great and is now PL OK
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 19 is PL OK thanks
Michele
JessicaHendra

Post by JessicaHendra »

Hi
Here is Chapter 22 of Doctor Grimshawe's Secret -
Time is 17 :48
Thanks!
Jessica

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/drgrimshawessecret_22_hawthorne_128kb.mp3
wib66

Post by wib66 »

JessicaHendra wrote: April 21st, 2021, 1:54 pm Hi
Here is Chapter 22 of Doctor Grimshawe's Secret -
Time is 17 :48
Thanks!
Jessica

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/drgrimshawessecret_22_hawthorne_128kb.mp3
Thank you for your section it is queued for PL
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Chapter 22 is PL OK thanks
Michele
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Thank you queued for PL
Michele
JessicaHendra

Post by JessicaHendra »

Hi,
I am preparing Chapter 23 and I had a general question when there is a "[Endnote]" in the text should the word "Endnote" be read aloud?
Thanks,
Jessica
wib66

Post by wib66 »

JessicaHendra wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 2:55 pm Hi,
I am preparing Chapter 23 and I had a general question when there is a "[Endnote]" in the text should the word "Endnote" be read aloud?
Thanks,
Jessica
Yes if you wish to include the endnote then it is best to identify it as separate from the chapter thanks
Michele
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

I have been bedridden with illness for a few weeks. I've been enjoying rehearsing my chapters and hope to record them as soon as I recover. How patient are you?
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
wib66

Post by wib66 »

GraceBuchanan wrote: May 5th, 2021, 5:38 am I have been bedridden with illness for a few weeks. I've been enjoying rehearsing my chapters and hope to record them as soon as I recover. How patient are you?
Hi Grace Please don't worry I have been ill myself and unable to read at the moment happy to be as patient as you need. Hope you feel better soon. :D
Michele