COMPLETE: Doctor Grimshawe's Secret by Nathaniel Hawthorne -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

WiseHive55 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 5:36 pm May I read Chapter 14?

Thanks!
Amy (WiseHive55)
I will sign you up thank you for claiming. Can you let me know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. It can be your real name, forum name or any other pseudonym you choose. If you need any help with anything just let me know.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
WiseHive55

Post by WiseHive55 »

Great. I'll go with my real name, Amy Dunkleberger. I'll let you know if I get stuck! Thanks!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

WiseHive55 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 6:51 pm Great. I'll go with my real name, Amy Dunkleberger. I'll let you know if I get stuck! Thanks!
Thank you I have updated the MW have fun
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
NateChapline

Post by NateChapline »

I would like to do chapter 15, please.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

NateChapline wrote: March 10th, 2021, 10:08 pm I would like to do chapter 15, please.
Hi and thank you for claiming. Before I sign you up I need to know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. This can be your real name, your forum name or any other pseudonym you choose. Thanks
Michele
MrsPineiro67

Post by MrsPineiro67 »

I must regretfully relinquish any claim on the chapter I requested as I have just been accepted into a class I've been trying to get into and that's going to have to have my full attention for the next few weeks. I'm very sorry and look forward to reading for LibriVox soon.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MrsPineiro67 wrote: March 11th, 2021, 7:22 am I must regretfully relinquish any claim on the chapter I requested as I have just been accepted into a class I've been trying to get into and that's going to have to have my full attention for the next few weeks. I'm very sorry and look forward to reading for LibriVox soon.
Hi congratulations on your class. Not a problem at all thank you for letting me know. :D
Michele
NateChapline

Post by NateChapline »

wib66 wrote: March 11th, 2021, 1:45 am
NateChapline wrote: March 10th, 2021, 10:08 pm I would like to do chapter 15, please.
Hi and thank you for claiming. Before I sign you up I need to know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. This can be your real name, your forum name or any other pseudonym you choose. Thanks
I will just use my real name, Nate Chapline, thanks.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

NateChapline wrote: March 11th, 2021, 10:11 am
wib66 wrote: March 11th, 2021, 1:45 am
I will just use my real name, Nate Chapline, thanks.
Thank you
Michele
WiseHive55

Post by WiseHive55 »

wib66 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 7:25 pm
WiseHive55 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 6:51 pm Great. I'll go with my real name, Amy Dunkleberger. I'll let you know if I get stuck! Thanks!
Hi! My chapter has a sentence with missing words, with an Endnote explaining that this is how the paragraph appeared in the original manuscript. How would I handle that? Read the incomplete sentence and the Endnote explanation? Or end the sentence before the missing words? Here's the sentence: "The sight of these things -- the sense which they conveyed that he was an expected and welcome guest -- tended to raise the spirits of the solitary wanderer, and made him. . . . [Endnote: 1.]" There's another sentence that appears to be missing words and is notated "[Endnote: 3]" but only Endnote:1 and Endnote: 2 (which is unrelated) are actually in the Chapter 14 endnotes. The missing words are part of a list describing items in a study: "a study table, with every convenience of multifarious devices, a great inkstand, pens; a luxurious study chair, where thought [Endnote: 3] upon."

Thanks!
Amy
wib66

Post by wib66 »

WiseHive55 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 4:19 pm Hi! My chapter has a sentence with missing words, with an Endnote explaining that this is how the paragraph appeared in the original manuscript. How would I handle that? Read the incomplete sentence and the Endnote explanation? Or end the sentence before the missing words? Here's the sentence: "The sight of these things -- the sense which they conveyed that he was an expected and welcome guest -- tended to raise the spirits of the solitary wanderer, and made him. . . . [Endnote: 1.]" There's another sentence that appears to be missing words and is notated "[Endnote: 3]" but only Endnote:1 and Endnote: 2 (which is unrelated) are actually in the Chapter 14 endnotes. The missing words are part of a list describing items in a study: "a study table, with every convenience of multifarious devices, a great inkstand, pens; a luxurious study chair, where thought [Endnote: 3] upon."

Thanks!
Amy
For endnote 1 I would finish at [tended to raise the spirits of the solitary wanderer]
For endnote 2 please ignore and read what is written there [for the first time in his life a genuine book-worm,]
For endnote 3 I would end at [ a great inkstand, pens; a luxurious study chair,]

Hope that makes sense thanks
Michele
WiseHive55

Post by WiseHive55 »

WiseHive55 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 4:19 pm
wib66 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 7:25 pm
Hi! My chapter has a sentence with missing words, with an Endnote explaining that this is how the paragraph appeared in the original manuscript. How would I handle that? Read the incomplete sentence and the Endnote explanation? Or end the sentence before the missing words? Here's the sentence: "The sight of these things -- the sense which they conveyed that he was an expected and welcome guest -- tended to raise the spirits of the solitary wanderer, and made him. . . . [Endnote: 1.]" There's another sentence that appears to be missing words and is notated "[Endnote: 3]" but only Endnote:1 and Endnote: 2 (which is unrelated) are actually in the Chapter 14 endnotes. The missing words are part of a list describing items in a study: "a study table, with every convenience of multifarious devices, a great inkstand, pens; a luxurious study chair, where thought [Endnote: 3] upon."

Thanks!
Amy
wib66 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 4:49 pm
WiseHive55 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 4:19 pm Hi! My chapter has a sentence with missing words, with an Endnote explaining that this is how the paragraph appeared in the original manuscript. How would I handle that? Read the incomplete sentence and the Endnote explanation? Or end the sentence before the missing words? Here's the sentence: "The sight of these things -- the sense which they conveyed that he was an expected and welcome guest -- tended to raise the spirits of the solitary wanderer, and made him. . . . [Endnote: 1.]" There's another sentence that appears to be missing words and is notated "[Endnote: 3]" but only Endnote:1 and Endnote: 2 (which is unrelated) are actually in the Chapter 14 endnotes. The missing words are part of a list describing items in a study: "a study table, with every convenience of multifarious devices, a great inkstand, pens; a luxurious study chair, where thought [Endnote: 3] upon."

Thanks!
Amy
For endnote 1 I would finish at [tended to raise the spirits of the solitary wanderer]
For endnote 2 please ignore and read what is written there [for the first time in his life a genuine book-worm,]
For endnote 3 I would end at [ a great inkstand, pens; a luxurious study chair,]

Hope that makes sense thanks
Perfect sense, thanks!
Peaceblossom

Post by Peaceblossom »

Hi,
I asked for Chapters 12 and 13, but I am not going to be able to read them. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Thanks, peaceblossom.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Peaceblossom wrote: March 14th, 2021, 11:37 am Hi,
I asked for Chapters 12 and 13, but I am not going to be able to read them. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Thanks, peaceblossom.
Not a problem thank you for letting me know. :9:
Michele
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Hi,
I would like to do chapters 5, 12 and 13 please. Thanks!

Mike
Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke