COMPLETE: Doctor Grimshawe's Secret by Nathaniel Hawthorne -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
magejlewis

Post by magejlewis »

wib66 wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 2:44 pm PL Notes for Chapter 9

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently shorter than this

Also it is my fault as the first post in the thread was not very clear but would you be able to change the intro and outro to Chapter 9 rather than section 9. It would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Hey, sorry this took so long. I was not checking the forums as often as I should have.
Here are the edits for chapter 9. Let me know if they work!
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/drgrimshawessecret_09_hawthorne_128kb.mp3
wib66

Post by wib66 »

magejlewis wrote: June 30th, 2021, 10:21 pm
wib66 wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 2:44 pm PL Notes for Chapter 9

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently shorter than this

Also it is my fault as the first post in the thread was not very clear but would you be able to change the intro and outro to Chapter 9 rather than section 9. It would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Hey, sorry this took so long. I was not checking the forums as often as I should have.
Here are the edits for chapter 9. Let me know if they work!
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/drgrimshawessecret_09_hawthorne_128kb.mp3
This is now PL OK thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
JessicaHendra

Post by JessicaHendra »

JessicaHendra wrote: May 29th, 2021, 1:06 pm I see Chapter 10 still reads a reader- happy to do it if its still open.
Thanks!
Jessica

I am so sorry but there has been construction in my house and I have not been able to get to my recording set up. I can give up this chapter to another reader or I can get it to you by August 20th if that is ok. Please let me know what is best and again my apology.
Jessica
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
wib66

Post by wib66 »

JessicaHendra wrote: July 5th, 2021, 12:04 pm
JessicaHendra wrote: May 29th, 2021, 1:06 pm I see Chapter 10 still reads a reader- happy to do it if its still open.
Thanks!
Jessica

I am so sorry but there has been construction in my house and I have not been able to get to my recording set up. I can give up this chapter to another reader or I can get it to you by August 20th if that is ok. Please let me know what is best and again my apology.
Jessica
Hi Jessica thank you for getting in touch. As it is the last section if you don't mind I will open it up to other readers however if no one comes along by the time you are ready to record you can of course pick it up. I do hope that is ok. many thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

No problem glad you are getting back on your feet. queued for PL
Michele
JessicaHendra

Post by JessicaHendra »

Hi Jessica thank you for getting in touch. As it is the last section if you don't mind I will open it up to other readers however if no one comes along by the time you are ready to record you can of course pick it up. I do hope that is ok. many thanks
That sounds good- if no one takes it by the time I can record again I will do it in August.
Thanks!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Chapters 1 and 2 are PL OK
Michele
Blondedevil12

Post by Blondedevil12 »

Can I read chapter 10? I believe that’s the only one left open
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Blondedevil12 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 8:05 pm Can I read chapter 10? I believe that’s the only one left open
Welcome to Librivox.

I will reserve section 10 for you but you will need to complete your 1 minute test first and get the ok (see below). Also can you let me know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. It can be your forum name, real name, or any other pseudonym of your choice thanks.

We urge you to make a "1 Minute Test" for review before you start actively recording. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

An overview of how Librivox works can be found here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/How_LibriVox_Works

There are numerous ways to volunteer here. An important one is proof-listening, which consists of checking someone's recording for errors. If you'd like to give that a try, you can find lots of information here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners
If you wish to try your hand at recording, the place to start is the Newbie Guide to Recording: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording, which tells you how to set up your computer to record.

One of our volunteers has created a number of videos that you might find helpful to learn more about the workings of Librivox. You can find a listing of those here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Philchenevert

Also to point out to professional (or aspiring) Voice Over artists, all our recordings are put back into the public domain which means sometimes they are sold on ebay, etc. Have a look at this page which describes our Public Domain policy: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain

We hope you have fun and please, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Michele
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Michele,

I've moved this thread back to Readers Wanted since Blondedevil12 hasn't followed through, and it's been over a month.
Jo
wib66

Post by wib66 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: October 11th, 2021, 3:13 pm Hi Michele,

I've moved this thread back to Readers Wanted since Blondedevil12 hasn't followed through, and it's been over a month.
Thank you
Michele
TheLoneReader

Post by TheLoneReader »

I'm happy to do Chapter 10 if that still needs done. Let me know!

Steve
wib66

Post by wib66 »

TheLoneReader wrote: October 12th, 2021, 3:02 pm I'm happy to do Chapter 10 if that still needs done. Let me know!

Steve
Hi Steve that would be great. If you are able to give us a quick turnaround that would be appreciated as we are near to finishing this project but please don't worry if not.
Michele
TheLoneReader

Post by TheLoneReader »

I should be able to knock it out in a few days. Is that quick enough?
wib66 wrote: October 14th, 2021, 2:40 pm
TheLoneReader wrote: October 12th, 2021, 3:02 pm I'm happy to do Chapter 10 if that still needs done. Let me know!

Steve
Hi Steve that would be great. If you are able to give us a quick turnaround that would be appreciated as we are near to finishing this project but please don't worry if not.