~[GRP] Out of the Closet: A Collection of Early LGBTQ+ Fiction-ans

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
ashleighjane
Posts: 2599
Joined: February 26th, 2010, 11:04 am
Location: Northamptonshire, England

Post by ashleighjane » February 2nd, 2021, 1:48 pm


ChuckW
Posts: 3182
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » February 2nd, 2021, 1:56 pm

ashleighjane wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 1:48 pm
And section 15 https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_15_various_128kb.mp3 46:37
Thank you!

SusannaWayne24
Posts: 1
Joined: February 2nd, 2021, 8:20 am

Post by SusannaWayne24 » February 2nd, 2021, 3:02 pm

Hi, my name is Susanna Wayne! I'd like to read Portrait of W.H. (Chapter 1) by Oscar Wilde, which is Section 7.

WendyKatzHiller
Posts: 148
Joined: December 2nd, 2020, 11:36 am

Post by WendyKatzHiller » February 2nd, 2021, 4:23 pm

Could I please claim sections 10 and 11?

ChuckW
Posts: 3182
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » February 2nd, 2021, 4:42 pm

SusannaWayne24 wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 3:02 pm
Hi, my name is Susanna Wayne! I'd like to read Portrait of W.H. (Chapter 1) by Oscar Wilde, which is Section 7.
Hi Susanna! Two quick notes--

1) First of all, that section was recently claimed by another volunteer, pending their 1-minute test getting approved. Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from this user in a couple of days, so I'm not sure if they're still interested. I can give them a little while longer and then give the section to you, if you're interested... or you can volunteer for another.

2) Regardless, you're welcome to volunteer for any section you'd like, but first you might want to visit the Listener's Wanted thread and submit your 1-minute test recording. This is not an audition, but rather a way for us to make sure your recording set-up meets all of our criteria.

Welcome to Librivox, by the way!

ChuckW
Posts: 3182
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » February 2nd, 2021, 4:42 pm

WendyKatzHiller wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 4:23 pm
Could I please claim sections 10 and 11?
That would be great! Thank you so much!

Endellion
Posts: 42
Joined: December 20th, 2018, 4:40 pm

Post by Endellion » February 2nd, 2021, 8:12 pm


ChuckW
Posts: 3182
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » February 3rd, 2021, 8:21 am

Endellion wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 8:12 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_24_various_128kb.mp3
4:47

Will get to the other 2 soon! :)
Woohoo! Thanks!

And now I'm incredibly behind. :lol:

ChuckW
Posts: 3182
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » February 3rd, 2021, 1:34 pm

PL OK.

Great job! :clap:

ChuckW
Posts: 3182
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » February 3rd, 2021, 2:09 pm

Endellion wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 8:12 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_24_various_128kb.mp3
4:47

Will get to the other 2 soon! :)
PL OK! Nicely done!

ChuckW
Posts: 3182
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » February 3rd, 2021, 6:37 pm

ashleighjane wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 1:48 pm
And section 15 https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_15_various_128kb.mp3 46:37
PL OK! Great job!

ChuckW
Posts: 3182
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » February 4th, 2021, 2:09 pm

JoannaRosey wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 11:24 am
Thanks for the confirmation! Now I know. :)

Our Aromatic Uncle (Section 22)
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_22_various_128kb.mp3
34:31

P.S. - Hilarity ensued as I thought this was titled “Our AROMANTIC uncle” (due to LGBTQ+ category), not aromatic. Great story nonetheless! :)
PL OK! Very nicely read.

(Although a fair warning -- the volume is a little on the low side. I got a "Pass with Warnings" when I put this through the Checker. Just something to keep an eye on in the future.)

HereKezi
Posts: 6
Joined: December 5th, 2020, 9:15 pm

Post by HereKezi » February 4th, 2021, 8:37 pm

ChuckW wrote:
January 30th, 2021, 8:37 pm
HereKezi wrote:
January 30th, 2021, 7:53 pm
Hello! I'd like to do section 7, "Portrait of W. H" Chapter 1 by Oscar Wilde. Since I'm new, I'd also like to go by Kezi ^^
In the meantime, I’ll hold onto this section while we wait for your 1-minute test to get approved.

Hello, sorry I'm late! I read the "Readers Wanted" section before reading my welcome email again, my bad. And I was so excited about the project, I posted pre-emptively :oops: . Anyways, I've posted my 1 minute test and I'm waiting on feedback now.

ChuckW
Posts: 3182
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » February 4th, 2021, 11:15 pm

HereKezi wrote:
February 4th, 2021, 8:37 pm
ChuckW wrote:
January 30th, 2021, 8:37 pm
HereKezi wrote:
January 30th, 2021, 7:53 pm
Hello! I'd like to do section 7, "Portrait of W. H" Chapter 1 by Oscar Wilde. Since I'm new, I'd also like to go by Kezi ^^
In the meantime, I’ll hold onto this section while we wait for your 1-minute test to get approved.

Hello, sorry I'm late! I read the "Readers Wanted" section before reading my welcome email again, my bad. And I was so excited about the project, I posted pre-emptively :oops: . Anyways, I've posted my 1 minute test and I'm waiting on feedback now.
Glad to hear it. :D

Let me know when your 1-minute test gets approved. Then you can tell me what name you'd like in the catalogue and I'll add you to the collection.

devantatlow
Posts: 17
Joined: December 9th, 2020, 10:13 am

Post by devantatlow » February 5th, 2021, 8:53 am

Hey everyone! Could I claim both sections of aquae multae non? FYI I probably won't be able to record them until mid-March. I hope that's ok but if it isn't, just let me know.

Post Reply