COMPLETE [DIDACTIC FICTION] Original Stories from Real Life by Mary Wollstonecraft-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Catewill wrote: February 4th, 2021, 4:16 pm Hi
Me again! I've just seen that someone before me asked for chapter 6. Maybe I could be allocated chapter 12, if that's still available? If not, I'm happy to read any of the smaller chapters as a start.
Thanks.
Cate
Sure, that's fine - 12 it is!
I just need to know exactly how you would like to be listed in the LV catalog - real name, pseudonym or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all your LV work.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

JoannaHoyt wrote: February 4th, 2021, 6:10 pm
I just listened to section 00, the Preface and Introduction. Overall this sounds very good--the end spaces right, the volume good, the disclaimers clear and correct, no background noise, no pauses, no repeats, and (though I know this isn't a thing for the PL to check) pauses and emphases that made her more convoluted sentences easy to follow. (Good for you!) Only one possible stumble, at 3:22: "the tendency of the reasoning..." "Reasoning" sounded a bit blurred so that I wasn't sure of the word until I looked it up.

As I said, I'm new to PL--I think these are all the things that should be listened for; let me know if I'm wrong.
Oh, this is so exciting. :clap:
Obviously you have a good grasp of the proof listening process.
I did check the spot at 3:22. I did read that sentence a bit too fast, but I think I'll let it stand as is.

In standard PL it is sometimes just a judgement call on these things. So, I will sometimes point out something like that and list it as an optional correction, but I try to be generous.

I'm going to send you a Private Message with a little more about how I approach the DPL process, some of it a bit repetitive, but it will keep us in step. It includes a bit on checking the technical specifications.

Anyway, I would be thrilled to have you join us as DPL. So, after you get my PM, let me know if you want to go ahead, and we'll sign you up and you'll have access to the Magic Window.
~ Larry
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

silverquill wrote: February 4th, 2021, 9:57 pm

In standard PL it is sometimes just a judgement call on these things. So, I will sometimes point out something like that and list it as an optional correction, but I try to be generous.

I'm going to send you a Private Message with a little more about how I approach the DPL process, some of it a bit repetitive, but it will keep us in step. It includes a bit on checking the technical specifications.

Anyway, I would be thrilled to have you join us as DPL. So, after you get my PM, let me know if you want to go ahead, and we'll sign you up and you'll have access to the Magic Window.
Thank you very much for this, and for the PM. I had forgotten about running the file through Checker rather than just subjectively listening for volume--will see that I do that in future. (I'm used to doing that before uploading files I've read.) And I appreciate the clarification about optional corrections.

I'd like to go ahead as DPL.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

JoannaHoyt wrote: February 5th, 2021, 3:54 am
I'd like to go ahead as DPL.
Thank you so very much!

Well, ears and eyes and Checker all help on the volume.
Checker can't check for the beginning and ending silences though, so I have to measure that in Audacity.

Anyway, I'm thrilled to have you, and Leni will be along to put you in the DPL slot and you will have direct access to the MW. You can go ahead and PL what's posted. As I said, this may be a slow moving project.

Feel free to post questions here or PM me at any time!
~ Larry
Catewill

Post by Catewill »

silverquill wrote: February 4th, 2021, 9:45 pm
Catewill wrote: February 4th, 2021, 4:16 pm Hi
Me again! I've just seen that someone before me asked for chapter 6. Maybe I could be allocated chapter 12, if that's still available? If not, I'm happy to read any of the smaller chapters as a start.
Thanks.
Cate
Sure, that's fine - 12 it is!
I just need to know exactly how you would like to be listed in the LV catalog - real name, pseudonym or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all your LV work.
Great, thanks. Can you point me in the direction of any editing I will need to do once I have recorded it?
I'm not sure how I'd like to be listed in the catalog. How do most people choose to be listed? I tried to look but couldn't work out how to get a list of readers in the catalog.
Cheers, Cate
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Catewill wrote: February 5th, 2021, 11:38 am
Great, thanks. Can you point me in the direction of any editing I will need to do once I have recorded it?
I'm not sure how I'd like to be listed in the catalog. How do most people choose to be listed? I tried to look but couldn't work out how to get a list of readers in the catalog.
Cheers, Cate

Catalog name is a matter of personal preference. I use my real name, since that is how I am credited in projects when they are released. But, other's prefer not to have their name out there so go by some pseudonym. Either wasy is fine with us.

Here is a link to a wiki on editing. It's at least a place to start. There are also some very helpful videos on various aspects of editing, so I'll see if I can get you the links for those. Editing often takes more time that the actual recording. :roll:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Editing_Audio
~ Larry
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Steve wrote: January 27th, 2021, 3:36 am Chapter 14 uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/originalstories_14_wollstonecraft_128kb.mp3

Duration: 11:54

Cheers

Steve
Chapters 8 and 14 are PL OK, everything just as it should be. :clap:
I particularly enjoyed the expressive reading of the old sailor's tale.
(I think I'm still not able to mark these in the Magic Window.)
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

JoannaHoyt wrote: February 5th, 2021, 4:20 pm
Steve wrote: January 27th, 2021, 3:36 am Chapter 14 uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/originalstories_14_wollstonecraft_128kb.mp3

Duration: 11:54

Cheers

Steve
Chapters 8 and 14 are PL OK, everything just as it should be. :clap:
(I think I'm still not able to mark these in the Magic Window.)
Hi, Joanna!

You are added to the project now! Let me know if everything is working fine. :D
Leni
=================
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Leni wrote: February 5th, 2021, 7:01 pm
Hi, Joanna!

You are added to the project now! Let me know if everything is working fine. :D
Hi Leni! Everything seems to be working fine. Thank you for adding me. :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

And, a big welcome to our DPL, Joanna. :clap:

Thank you so much!
~ Larry
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

johnb2 wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 7:38 pm Hi Larry

Chapter 19 @ 6:39

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/originalstories_19_wollstonecraft_128kb.mp3
Hi John,

Chapters 17 and 18 are PL OK. (And I hope to learn to read that steadily and clearly.)
Mostly Chapter 19 is also very good,with one issue: At 4:07, for "and he hinted..." I heard "I hinted..." which didn't make sense with the rest of the sentence.
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Chapter 25 is correct and clear except for one small thing: In the opening disclaimer, after you give your name, you state the book's title and author and then the chapter title but not the chapter number. (The spot where the number would have gone is 0:21).

Thanks you for reading, and for helping me learn to proof-listen.
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Steve

Post by Steve »

JoannaHoyt wrote: February 5th, 2021, 4:20 pm Chapters 8 and 14 are PL OK, everything just as it should be. :clap:
Hi Joanna

Thank you for your comment about my reading of the old sailor's tale - I enjoyed narrating that part of the chapter in particular. :)

Good luck with the proof listening - I'm sure that we'll meet up again in some future projects.

Cheers

Steve