[FULL] A Gallery of Children by A.A. Milne - m8b1

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
cadastra
Posts: 966
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » January 5th, 2021, 10:02 pm

slimshady11 wrote:
January 5th, 2021, 12:56 am
I want to claim section 9
the baby show
OK, enjoy!
My LibriVox
Jan. 10-12 & 20-26 - working ICU and may check forums/PL less frequently

cadastra
Posts: 966
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » January 5th, 2021, 10:03 pm

gusha wrote:
January 5th, 2021, 9:04 am
Hi,

Section 1 is uploaded at : https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/galleryofchildren_01_milne_128kb.mp3
Length : 06:01

Please provide your feedback.

Thanks.
Usha
Thank you, Usha! This will be proof-listened 1/7.
My LibriVox
Jan. 10-12 & 20-26 - working ICU and may check forums/PL less frequently

gusha
Posts: 61
Joined: December 18th, 2020, 9:30 pm

Post by gusha » January 7th, 2021, 6:06 am

Hi,
Can I claim Section 4 too if no one else has already claimed?
( I, by mistake, seem to have recorded Section 4 instead of the ones I had claimed).

Thanks.
Usha

cadastra
Posts: 966
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » January 9th, 2021, 1:32 pm

gusha wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 6:06 am
Hi,
Can I claim Section 4 too if no one else has already claimed?
( I, by mistake, seem to have recorded Section 4 instead of the ones I had claimed).

Thanks.
Usha
Yes, please, Usha! I am looking forward to listening to more of your beautiful reading!

Section 1 PL notes:
00:24 Please take out the word "section" at the end of the intro before the section name (just read the section name itself, "The Princess and the Apple Tree," not ("Section The Princess and the Apple Tree")
5 full seconds of silence needed at the end of the file (currently 4.1)
My LibriVox
Jan. 10-12 & 20-26 - working ICU and may check forums/PL less frequently

gusha
Posts: 61
Joined: December 18th, 2020, 9:30 pm

Post by gusha » January 9th, 2021, 10:19 pm

Hi Cadastra,

I have corrected Section 1 as per your feedback and uploaded Section 1, and also Section 2 and Section 4.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/galleryofchildren_01_milne_128kb.mp3 (Length : 06:01)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/galleryofchildren_02_milne_128kb.mp3 (Length : 06:38)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/galleryofchildren_04_milne_128kb.mp3 (Length : 07:02)

Thanks.
Usha

mauryrose
Posts: 7
Joined: January 10th, 2021, 2:09 am
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey
Contact:

Post by mauryrose » January 10th, 2021, 10:52 pm

Hello!

I'd like to read sections 5-8 if they're still available!

Thanks,
Aimee

cadastra
Posts: 966
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » January 10th, 2021, 11:07 pm

gusha wrote:
January 9th, 2021, 10:19 pm
Hi Cadastra,

I have corrected Section 1 as per your feedback and uploaded Section 1, and also Section 2 and Section 4.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/galleryofchildren_01_milne_128kb.mp3 (Length : 06:01)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/galleryofchildren_02_milne_128kb.mp3 (Length : 06:38)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/galleryofchildren_04_milne_128kb.mp3 (Length : 07:02)

Thanks.
Usha
Thank you, Usha!
My LibriVox
Jan. 10-12 & 20-26 - working ICU and may check forums/PL less frequently

cadastra
Posts: 966
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » January 10th, 2021, 11:10 pm

mauryrose wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 10:52 pm
Hello!

I'd like to read sections 5-8 if they're still available!

Thanks,
Aimee
Welcome to LibriVox, Aimee! While I do appreciate your enthusiasm, you are not quite read to record for a project. We ask that our new readers complete a one-minute preliminary test recording to make sure your technical settings meet our requirements and to identify any other recording issues before you start on a project. You can find instructions on how to do this in the Newbie Guide to Recording. I strongly suggest you read through it -- lots of good information to get you off to a good start. Once you have the "OK" on your 1-Minute Test recording, post back here to claim any available sections. Thanks, and hope to hear from you again soon!
My LibriVox
Jan. 10-12 & 20-26 - working ICU and may check forums/PL less frequently

mauryrose
Posts: 7
Joined: January 10th, 2021, 2:09 am
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey
Contact:

Post by mauryrose » January 11th, 2021, 12:53 am

cadastra wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 11:10 pm
mauryrose wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 10:52 pm
Hello!

I'd like to read sections 5-8 if they're still available!

Thanks,
Aimee
Welcome to LibriVox, Aimee! While I do appreciate your enthusiasm, you are not quite read to record for a project. We ask that our new readers complete a one-minute preliminary test recording to make sure your technical settings meet our requirements and to identify any other recording issues before you start on a project. You can find instructions on how to do this in the Newbie Guide to Recording. I strongly suggest you read through it -- lots of good information to get you off to a good start. Once you have the "OK" on your 1-Minute Test recording, post back here to claim any available sections. Thanks, and hope to hear from you again soon!
Ahh hello! Is there a forum I should post it onto also? I just uploaded my 1-Minute test to the uploader. Here is the link if you would like to review it as well: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_mauryrose.mp3 Thanks so much!

cadastra
Posts: 966
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » January 11th, 2021, 2:18 am

mauryrose wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 12:53 am
cadastra wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 11:10 pm
mauryrose wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 10:52 pm
Hello!

I'd like to read sections 5-8 if they're still available!

Thanks,
Aimee
Welcome to LibriVox, Aimee! While I do appreciate your enthusiasm, you are not quite read to record for a project. We ask that our new readers complete a one-minute preliminary test recording to make sure your technical settings meet our requirements and to identify any other recording issues before you start on a project. You can find instructions on how to do this in the Newbie Guide to Recording. I strongly suggest you read through it -- lots of good information to get you off to a good start. Once you have the "OK" on your 1-Minute Test recording, post back here to claim any available sections. Thanks, and hope to hear from you again soon!
Ahh hello! Is there a forum I should post it onto also? I just uploaded my 1-Minute test to the uploader. Here is the link if you would like to review it as well: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_mauryrose.mp3 Thanks so much!
Awesome!! Please post your test in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21. Make sure you include your software and recording setup so that the person who checks your test can give you detailed instructions on how to fix any technical errors. (I would check your test for you, but I am not near my laptop for the next few hours and I think you’ll get a faster response there!)
My LibriVox
Jan. 10-12 & 20-26 - working ICU and may check forums/PL less frequently

mauryrose
Posts: 7
Joined: January 10th, 2021, 2:09 am
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey
Contact:

Post by mauryrose » January 11th, 2021, 8:44 am

cadastra wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 2:18 am
Awesome!! Please post your test in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21. Make sure you include your software and recording setup so that the person who checks your test can give you detailed instructions on how to fix any technical errors. (I would check your test for you, but I am not near my laptop for the next few hours and I think you’ll get a faster response there!)
Okay, thanks!! I posted it to the forum a couple of hours ago, so I'll hopefully get a reply soon! viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84832

mauryrose
Posts: 7
Joined: January 10th, 2021, 2:09 am
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey
Contact:

Post by mauryrose » January 11th, 2021, 1:46 pm

Okay, so my 1-Minute test was approved!!! Are sections 5-8 still available for me to read? Thanks!! :D ~ Aimee

amshanahan
Posts: 5
Joined: December 31st, 2020, 2:32 pm

Post by amshanahan » January 12th, 2021, 5:18 pm

Hi!
I would like to claim sections 5 and 6 or 7 and 8 if they are still available.
And I would like to be listed under my user name amshanahan.

Thank you so much!

Amy

sdwilcox
Posts: 20
Joined: November 26th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Post by sdwilcox » January 13th, 2021, 1:03 pm

I would love to read sections 10 and 11, please. I would also very much like to read section 5, Sand Babies, but it looks as if it may already have been requested, if not verified.
Thanks1

-Sdwilcox

Jemwolf
Posts: 6
Joined: December 30th, 2020, 8:58 pm

Post by Jemwolf » January 14th, 2021, 8:20 am

I'd like to read selection 7, please! If that one is taken, I'll read any one that has not been claimed.

Post Reply