COMPLETE: A Girl Among the Anarchists by Isabel Meredith - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

czandra wrote: August 25th, 2021, 2:12 pm I'll take chapter 4.

Czandra
Terrific :) It is yours!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
czandra

Post by czandra »

Last edited by czandra on August 27th, 2021, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

So fast! :) Thanks, it's loaded for our DPL
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
narratophile

Post by narratophile »

Ooh wonderful! I had to switch strategies for my court mandated community service, but that's resolved as of yesterday. I expect to get to chapter 3 this weekend, glad to see there's someone else working on the book!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Sounds good. :)
~Lynette * -
CarolineWallis

Post by CarolineWallis »

Can I claim Chapter V, part 1 and 2? If so, how do I do this?

-Caroline
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

CarolineWallis wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 11:12 am Can I claim Chapter V, part 1 and 2? If so, how do I do this?

-Caroline
Hi, Caroline, welcome to LibriVox!

You request sections just like you did here. :)

I would LOVE to assign these sections for you. Before the system will let me, though, we need to make your Reader Page, so you'll need to tell me what name you want us to use for that. Some folks use their real name, some use their forum working name, and some make up a different pseudonym.

I will very happily reserve these two sections for a week for you, but before you do the recording, can you do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board? It's not actually a test or audition of any kind, but is solely meant to make sure your system is set properly before you do all the work of a real section.

Here is the link: 1-Minute Test

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: Audacity 1-2-3

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :)

Glad to have you with us!
~Lynette * -
TheThirdDoctorLight

Post by TheThirdDoctorLight »

Could I please have sections 7-9?
CarolineWallis

Post by CarolineWallis »

LCaulkins wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 6:51 pm
CarolineWallis wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 11:12 am Can I claim Chapter V, part 1 and 2? If so, how do I do this?

-Caroline

I would LOVE to assign these sections for you. Before the system will let me, though, we need to make your Reader Page, so you'll need to tell me what name you want us to use for that. Some folks use their real name, some use their forum working name, and some make up a different pseudonym.

I will very happily reserve these two sections for a week for you, but before you do the recording, can you do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board? It's not actually a test or audition of any kind, but is solely meant to make sure your system is set properly before you do all the work of a real section.

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: Audacity 1-2-3

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :)

I would like to use my name, Caroline Wallis. Is the reader page something that you make, or do I make that? I just recorded and uploaded my one-minute test. Thank you!

-Caroline
czandra

Post by czandra »

I'll do chapter 9.

Cz
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

TheThirdDoctorLight wrote: September 4th, 2021, 6:59 pm Could I please have sections 7-9?
Yes, thank you very much :) (Sorry for slow response - was out of town without any computer access)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

czandra wrote: September 4th, 2021, 10:51 pm I'll do chapter 9.

Cz
Thank you :) Section 12 (ch. 9) is yours!
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

CarolineWallis wrote: September 4th, 2021, 7:46 pm
LCaulkins wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 6:51 pm

-Caroline

I would like to use my name, Caroline Wallis. Is the reader page something that you make, or do I make that? I just recorded and uploaded my one-minute test. Thank you!

-Caroline
Hey there :) I was out of town - We make your page for you (well, we ask the system to do it), and yours is now made:

Caroline Wallis

You'll see that it lists all the projects you are a part of, both complete and in-progress. It also has a link to the lists of all the sections that are assigned to you for recording and/or prooflistening. Very handy!

So, Sections 5 and 6 are officially assigned as yours now, but I would definitely finish squaring away your test recording before doing these longer recordings. If you're using Audacity, let me know if you can use any help getting any of the technical specs fixed that Sjmarky commented about over there. :) We're super happy to have your help!
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks so much for helping!! :) These are entered into the MW for our DPL.

For future reference, you'll want to wait until a project's BC acknowledges your request and gets the sections assigned before you put the time into the recordings. It's rare, but I've seen mix-ups happen where several people post between times that a BC signs on, and somebody's request gets missed (not so hard to happen when multiple posts come through, particularly when pages turn over during that time) - and then somebody else actually ends up with the section after a different requester had already recorded it. And we all put good time into doing our recordings! So it's not happiness when mix-ups happen.

But maybe you were just super duper fast and didn't actually record before these got assigned. 8-)

One last thing - don't forget the zeros in the file names of single-digit sections. 8-) Those actually are more important than they seem. Let's wait to see if the DPL has any editing notes for you on the recordings before doing anything about fixing them, though.

Sure do appreciate your help in this project!
~Lynette * -