COMPLETE: A Girl Among the Anarchists by Isabel Meredith - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
seigezunt

Post by seigezunt »

Might I take a crack at "CHAPTER XI - A Crisis, part 1"?

I'm new here.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

A very nice reading! Just one very small issue and that is the repeat of "This is a LibriVox recording" at 0:07.
czandra

Post by czandra »

I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
czandra

Post by czandra »

KevinS wrote: September 6th, 2021, 8:08 pm

A very nice reading! Just one very small issue and that is the repeat of "This is a LibriVox recording" at 0:07.
Kevin, I'm very sorry, but I appear to have junked my original recording file in a regular clean-up. i think there is a way someone can go into the file and delete that byte?

obsessively reading and recording, and a little too quick for myself.
Czandra

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

czandra wrote: September 7th, 2021, 8:07 am
KevinS wrote: September 6th, 2021, 8:08 pm

Kevin, I'm very sorry, but I appear to have junked my original recording file in a regular clean-up. i think there is a way someone can go into the file and delete that byte?

obsessively reading and recording, and a little too quick for myself.
Czandra
Hey, Czandra :) You're fine - you can go to the section line in the MW, right-click on the "link" link, and download the recording file from LibriVox's server to do this edit. If you're using Audacity, it'll open the file with no problem and you can work with it as if you'd never deleted your original file. (I'm not familiar with other recording software, but I bet if you used something else, it will also open the mp3 just fine.)

Edit: P.S. Your section 12 is loaded for our DPL :)
Last edited by LCaulkins on September 7th, 2021, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

seigezunt wrote: September 6th, 2021, 8:05 pm Might I take a crack at "CHAPTER XI - A Crisis, part 1"?

I'm new here.
Hi, Seigezunt!! Welcome to LibriVox. :)

We would love to have your help!

i am happy to initially reserve that section for a week for you, but before you do the recording, can you do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board? It's not actually a test or audition of any kind, but is solely meant to make sure your system is set properly before you do all the work of a long section.

Here is the link: 1-Minute Test

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: Audacity 1-2-3

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :)

Glad to have you with us!

P.S. We will also need to have your Reader Page created before the system will allow me to officially assign the section to you. What name would you like us to use? It is what the public will see when they look at the audiobook in the catalog. Some folks use their real name, some use their forum boards name, some make up another psuedonym. Let me know, and I'll get that squared away for you. 8-)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
czandra

Post by czandra »

whew! not so easy! but I did manage to unearth the original file, so it's adjusted and reuploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/girlamongtheanarchists_04_meredith_128kb.mp3
25:44

Cz

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

czandra wrote: September 7th, 2021, 12:17 pm whew! not so easy! but I did manage to unearth the original file, so it's adjusted and reuploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/girlamongtheanarchists_04_meredith_128kb.mp3
25:44

Cz
Thank you! PL OK!
DH2003

Post by DH2003 »

I'd be interested in claiming Section 13 :D
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

DH2003 wrote: September 8th, 2021, 11:10 am I'd be interested in claiming Section 13 :D
Excellent :) You're in there, thanks
~Lynette * -
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Czandra! I am so very sorry! I was loading the latest submission, and saw that somehow I'd never PL'd this for you yet! I'll get on it first thing in the morning.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh, thanks for doing those names! Section 9 is loaded and queued. I got a lot of long files in today on my PL list, so give me a couple of days. :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi there :) Nice reading - no edits necessary on that part.

Checker does flag the file for coming in at 92.4dB, though. Can you please lower the volume on the file just a bit? I think -1 using the Amplify effect will do the trick.
~Lynette * -