COMPLETE: A Girl Among the Anarchists by Isabel Meredith - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
czandra

Post by czandra »

I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
majikat

Post by majikat »

Can I claim sections 10 and 11? Thanks!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Sure, they're yours!
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I have released Section 15, as the reader never returned. Happy to reassign that section or another if they do return. :)
~Lynette * -
CarolineWallis

Post by CarolineWallis »

LCaulkins wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 6:51 pm
CarolineWallis wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 11:12 am Can I claim Chapter V, part 1 and 2? If so, how do I do this?

-Caroline
Hi, Caroline, welcome to LibriVox!

You request sections just like you did here. :)

I would LOVE to assign these sections for you. Before the system will let me, though, we need to make your Reader Page, so you'll need to tell me what name you want us to use for that. Some folks use their real name, some use their forum working name, and some make up a different pseudonym.

I will very happily reserve these two sections for a week for you, but before you do the recording, can you do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board? It's not actually a test or audition of any kind, but is solely meant to make sure your system is set properly before you do all the work of a real section.

Here is the link: 1-Minute Test

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: Audacity 1-2-3

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :)

Glad to have you with us!
I did do the one-minute test and it passed, but I have claimed a different thing to read. Can I drop what I requested here so someone else may read?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

CarolineWallis wrote: September 27th, 2021, 8:43 am
LCaulkins wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 6:51 pm
CarolineWallis wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 11:12 am Can I claim Chapter V, part 1 and 2? If so, how do I do this?

-Caroline
Hi, Caroline, welcome to LibriVox!

You request sections just like you did here. :)

I would LOVE to assign these sections for you. Before the system will let me, though, we need to make your Reader Page, so you'll need to tell me what name you want us to use for that. Some folks use their real name, some use their forum working name, and some make up a different pseudonym.

I will very happily reserve these two sections for a week for you, but before you do the recording, can you do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board? It's not actually a test or audition of any kind, but is solely meant to make sure your system is set properly before you do all the work of a real section.

Here is the link: 1-Minute Test

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: Audacity 1-2-3

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :)

I did do the one-minute test and it passed, but I have claimed a different thing to read. Can I drop what I requested here so someone else may read?
Certainly :) Thanks for letting us know, and enjoy your readings.
~Lynette * -
KathyHart

Post by KathyHart »

I would like to claim part 15 and 16 please.

Kathy Hart
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

KathyHart wrote: September 27th, 2021, 10:02 am I would like to claim part 15 and 16 please.

Kathy Hart
Thank you :) They are yours.
~Lynette * -
KathyHart

Post by KathyHart »

athakur30

Post by athakur30 »

Hi,

Can I claim section 17 and 18?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

athakur30 wrote: October 14th, 2021, 8:41 am Hi,

Can I claim section 17 and 18?
Hi, athakur30! Welcome to LibriVox!

Yes, I will assign these sections for you. I see, though, that you've requested quite a few sections in several projects, but you haven't yet done the 1-Minute Test that's mentioned in the welcome email.

Please do that, and post it on the Listeners & Editors Wanted board, then make sure the great helpers there don't have notes about things you need to fix before you record the "real" sections that you've signed up for. :)

~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Kathy! Section 15 is loaded and queued for PL
~Lynette * -
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

PL OK!

Thank you!