COMPLETE: A Girl Among the Anarchists by Isabel Meredith - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

sorgeaw wrote: January 15th, 2021, 6:06 pm OK...hopefully this one is better: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/girlamongtheanarchists_02_meredith_128kb.mp3
PL OK! Sounds much better!

(Please don't forget to make a note of each section's length in the thread.)
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Still working on this, sorgeaw? Please post with an update. :)
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

No word from the soloist. This project will be treated as abandoned as per the following policy:

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Lynette -

Here is the original thread. I will stay on as MC. You will need to change the first post to a group project, let me know if you need help with that.
Jo
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'm still on board as DPL if that's all right. I'm feeling better and should be able to keep up.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh, awesome! Glad to see you here, Kevin :)

Not glad to see that you've been unwell :(
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Jo!

Did I need to do anything other than pull the group-project generated info to edit the information and direction portions of the main post?

I preserved the name of the files the way the first three were done, as well as the notice regarding possible PD issues for volunteers outside the U.S.

I put your name in the directions for uploading.

Should I leave, or delete, the notice of this being an adopted project?

Oh! And we need KevinS in the MW as DPL :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Top post looks good! You can remove the note about the abandoned project now that you have updated the post. I'll add Kevin back as DPL and move the thread to Readers Wanted. :)
Jo
narratophile

Post by narratophile »

Hi folks, I'm Bet. I haven't posted an intro yet, but I wanted to hurry up and throw my hat in the ring as a reader for this book because I've been wanting to read it anyway :D

I scheduled some recording time for a few days next week. I'll finish reading the intro materials and get a test recording posted this weekend to make sure my setup is up to snuff.

Anyway, happy to be here and I'm really looking forward to working with y'all :9:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

narratophile wrote: August 11th, 2021, 12:35 pm Hi folks, I'm Bet. I haven't posted an intro yet, but I wanted to hurry up and throw my hat in the ring as a reader for this book because I've been wanting to read it anyway :D

I scheduled some recording time for a few days next week. I'll finish reading the intro materials and get a test recording posted this weekend to make sure my setup is up to snuff.

Anyway, happy to be here and I'm really looking forward to working with y'all :9:
Hi, Bet! Welcome to LibriVox, and thanks for your interest in this project! :)

I'm happy to reserve a section for you, but for the system to let me do that, I need to make your Catalog Reader Page for you. What name would you like us to use? (This is the name the public will see in the catalog, on all the audiobooks you work on.)

Some of us use our real names, others use their forum name (the one you've posted under), and other make up a different pseudonym.

Let me know what you want to use there. (Also, we can include a URL if you have a personal web page you'd like linked on your Reader Page.)
~Lynette * -
narratophile

Post by narratophile »

LCaulkins wrote: August 11th, 2021, 6:16 pm Hi, Bet! Welcome to LibriVox, and thanks for your interest in this project! :)

I'm happy to reserve a section for you, but for the system to let me do that, I need to make your Catalog Reader Page for you. What name would you like us to use? (This is the name the public will see in the catalog, on all the audiobooks you work on.)

Some of us use our real names, others use their forum name (the one you've posted under), and other make up a different pseudonym.

Let me know what you want to use there. (Also, we can include a URL if you have a personal web page you'd like linked on your Reader Page.)
Oh wonderful! I'd like to use my username, styled lowercase (narratophile), and please include link removed by admin as my personal web page. Thank you kindly!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Bet,

Sorry but the link you provided does not fit our definition of a personal website. By a personal website, we mean a personal blog or website that provides information about you. From what I can see linktree isn't either of these so we can't link it in the catalog.
Jo
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

narratophile wrote: August 12th, 2021, 10:29 am
LCaulkins wrote: August 11th, 2021, 6:16 pm Hi, Bet! Welcome to LibriVox, and thanks for your interest in this project! :)

Oh wonderful! I'd like to use my username, styled lowercase (narratophile), and please include link removed by admin as my personal web page. Thank you kindly!
Hi, Bet :) I've assigned section 3 for you - do make sure to do the 1-minute test and have that looked at in the Listeners Wanted board before you put in the work for this chapter, just to save yourself any headaches on the longer recording.

Also, here is your personal Reader Page: narratophile.

You'll see that it lists all the projects you are a part of, both complete and in-progress. It also has a link to the lists of all the sections that are assigned to you for recording and/or prooflistening. Very handy!
~Lynette * -
narratophile

Post by narratophile »

LCaulkins wrote: August 12th, 2021, 5:38 pm Hi, Bet :) I've assigned section 3 for you - do make sure to do the 1-minute test and have that looked at in the Listeners Wanted board before you put in the work for this chapter, just to save yourself any headaches on the longer recording.

Also, here is your personal Reader Page: narratophile.

You'll see that it lists all the projects you are a part of, both complete and in-progress. It also has a link to the lists of all the sections that are assigned to you for recording and/or prooflistening. Very handy!
Will do! This is very exciting- I'll get that one minute test taken care of tomorrow. Thank you for your help!
czandra

Post by czandra »

I'll take chapter 4.

Czandra
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!