[GROUP/SERMONS] A Selection of the most celebrated sermons of John Calvin-mtf

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
InTheDesert
Posts: 492
Joined: August 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Post by InTheDesert » January 18th, 2021, 9:08 pm

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 11:46 am
ITD - I've uploaded corrected sections 00 and 01. New phrase starts at:
00 - 31.15
01 - 15.07

MaryAnn
Thanks for uploading... except I can't hear any difference! It's still "same-self" instead of "self-same" and "condemn" instead of "commend". Perhaps you reuploaded the old versions?

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16799
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » January 18th, 2021, 9:17 pm

Well, it would appear that I uploaded them to the wrong folder. Uploading again now to the correct folder ...
MaryAnn
Join us to MARCH to the finish line by completing as many projects as we can during March! This thread tracks our progress and lists projects in need of readers/PLers.

My Librivox solos

InTheDesert
Posts: 492
Joined: August 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Post by InTheDesert » January 18th, 2021, 9:23 pm

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 9:17 pm
Well, it would appear that I uploaded them to the wrong folder. Uploading again now to the correct folder ...
MaryAnn
Both PL OK. Reassuring that this happens to admins as much as any of us. ;)

InTheDesert
Posts: 492
Joined: August 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Post by InTheDesert » January 18th, 2021, 11:42 pm

dronald wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 8:47 pm
Section 9 Ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/selectionsermonsjohncalvin_09_calvin_128kb.mp3
(27:46)
PL OK!

InTheDesert
Posts: 492
Joined: August 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Post by InTheDesert » January 18th, 2021, 11:44 pm

mleigh wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 6:01 pm
Here is my recording of section 5: Titus 1:15-16


https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/selectionsermonsjohncalvin_05_calvin_128kb.mp3
33:49


Please let me know of any problems.

Thanks,

M

Thanks for this great reading. I enjoyed the particukar text.

PL Notes (sermon 5):
The pause at the end is much longer than the 5 second goal.

mleigh
Posts: 564
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » January 19th, 2021, 8:03 am

InTheDesert wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 11:44 pm
mleigh wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 6:01 pm
Here is my recording of section 5: Titus 1:15-16


https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/selectionsermonsjohncalvin_05_calvin_128kb.mp3
33:49


Please let me know of any problems.

Thanks,

M

Thanks for this great reading. I enjoyed the particukar text.

PL Notes (sermon 5):
The pause at the end is much longer than the 5 second goal.
That's odd. My original audacity file shows just under 5 seconds. I re-converted the file but the length is still the same.


https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/selectionsermonsjohncalvin_05_calvin_128kb.mp3
33:49

Please let me know if it is still showing as too long.

Thanks,

M

Enneos88
Posts: 9
Joined: January 12th, 2021, 12:16 pm

Post by Enneos88 » January 19th, 2021, 9:43 am

Can I please take section 4

InTheDesert
Posts: 492
Joined: August 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Post by InTheDesert » January 19th, 2021, 6:24 pm

Enneos88 wrote:
January 19th, 2021, 9:43 am
Can I please take section 4
It's all yours.

You might also be interested in claiming a section or two of Augustine's semons on psalms based on your intro post. :)

InTheDesert
Posts: 492
Joined: August 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Post by InTheDesert » January 19th, 2021, 6:26 pm

mleigh wrote:
January 19th, 2021, 8:03 am
That's odd. My original audacity file shows just under 5 seconds. I re-converted the file but the length is still the same.


https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/selectionsermonsjohncalvin_05_calvin_128kb.mp3
33:49

Please let me know if it is still showing as too long.

Thanks,

M
Try opening the exported file in audacity. I did it just now and it has a minute and 7 seconds of silence at the end.

mleigh
Posts: 564
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » January 20th, 2021, 6:14 pm

InTheDesert wrote:
January 19th, 2021, 6:26 pm
mleigh wrote:
January 19th, 2021, 8:03 am
That's odd. My original audacity file shows just under 5 seconds. I re-converted the file but the length is still the same.


https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/selectionsermonsjohncalvin_05_calvin_128kb.mp3
33:49

Please let me know if it is still showing as too long.

Thanks,

M
Try opening the exported file in audacity. I did it just now and it has a minute and 7 seconds of silence at the end.
I hope it is right this time. I think I figured out what the problem was. (I should have known I would have a problem as the recording of the chapter went really smoothly.

New file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/selectionsermonsjohncalvin_05_calvin_128kb.mp3
32.47

Thanks,

M

InTheDesert
Posts: 492
Joined: August 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Post by InTheDesert » January 20th, 2021, 8:01 pm

mleigh wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 6:14 pm
I hope it is right this time. I think I figured out what the problem was. (I should have known I would have a problem as the recording of the chapter went really smoothly.

New file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/selectionsermonsjohncalvin_05_calvin_128kb.mp3
32.47

Thanks,

M
Perfect! PL OK

hiabc
Posts: 15
Joined: July 6th, 2020, 1:13 pm
Contact:

Post by hiabc » January 22nd, 2021, 12:42 am

Finally finished Sermon 8—let me know if there are any problems!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/selectionsermonsjohncalvin_08_calvin_128kb.mp3 [27:57]

InTheDesert
Posts: 492
Joined: August 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Post by InTheDesert » January 26th, 2021, 12:37 am

hiabc wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 12:42 am
Finally finished Sermon 8—let me know if there are any problems!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/selectionsermonsjohncalvin_08_calvin_128kb.mp3 [27:57]
PL OK! Lovely reading.

Enneos88
Posts: 9
Joined: January 12th, 2021, 12:16 pm

Post by Enneos88 » February 2nd, 2021, 4:13 pm

I have uploaded Section 4. I hope it sounds good.
-Andrew

InTheDesert
Posts: 492
Joined: August 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Post by InTheDesert » February 3rd, 2021, 7:02 am

Enneos88 wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 4:13 pm
I have uploaded Section 4. I hope it sounds good.
-Andrew
Thanks Andrew. Great recording quality.

PL Notes (Sermon 4):
~17:01 Repeat
~18:17 Repeat
~22:09 Repeat

Post Reply