COMPLETE [Christian Reflections] The Glory in the Grey by Archibald Alexander -mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Owlivia,
Sections 7, 14 and 34 are all PL OK.
Thank you!
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Devorah!
MaryAnn
Aikenpayne

Post by Aikenpayne »

Herewith: Section 42 - Forward!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/gloryinthegrey_42_alexander_128kb.mp3

13 mins, 23 secs

Sláinte

Aiken

(stay safe, everyone)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Aiken.
Care to read any more?
MaryAnn
Aikenpayne

Post by Aikenpayne »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: January 27th, 2021, 3:52 pm Thank you Aiken.
Care to read any more?
MaryAnn
MaryAnn,

I would be very happy to read more. However, I have another on-going project here that I would like to complete before undertaking another commitment. When that is done I shall certainly be back!

Cheers for now,

Aiken
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Aiken,
Section 42 is PL OK. Well done, as usual.

Devorah,
Sections 5 and 6 are PL OK. As much as we have worked together, I think this is the first time I have heard you read! Lovely!

MaryAnn
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: January 30th, 2021, 6:12 pm Devorah,
Sections 5 and 6 are PL OK. As much as we have worked together, I think this is the first time I have heard you read! Lovely!
So funny when that happens, isn't it? :lol: I've been hearing quite a lot of you lately, on the other hand. I'm just starting in on part 4 of Anna Karenina. :9:
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I've uploaded section 41. Would someone kindly PL it for me?
Thanks!
MaryAnn
rgarden

Post by rgarden »

Hello, May I please request Section 28, The Grace of Grit?
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: February 4th, 2021, 10:21 am I've uploaded section 41. Would someone kindly PL it for me?
Thanks!
MaryAnn
Hi MaryAnn,

I was just looking around to find something to do and I saw this book and thought section 28 looked interesting and was looking to see if it had been claimed since the MW had been updated (and it had) and saw your request for a PL of your reading and I would love to do that if you would like.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

rgarden wrote: February 5th, 2021, 9:42 pm Hello, May I please request Section 28, The Grace of Grit?
Yes you may! Thank you for joining us.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Kalamareader wrote: February 6th, 2021, 12:41 am
MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: February 4th, 2021, 10:21 am I've uploaded section 41. Would someone kindly PL it for me?
Thanks!
MaryAnn
Hi MaryAnn,

I was just looking around to find something to do and I saw this book and thought section 28 looked interesting and was looking to see if it had been claimed since the MW had been updated (and it had) and saw your request for a PL of your reading and I would love to do that if you would like.

Wayne
Wayne,

Yes of course, I would love to have you PL my section.

And are there any other sections that grab your attention? They are fairly short and easy reads.

MaryAnn
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: February 6th, 2021, 7:06 am Wayne,
Yes of course, I would love to have you PL my section.

And are there any other sections that grab your attention? They are fairly short and easy reads.

MaryAnn
MaryAnn,

That was amazing!! Your feeling and tenderness was touching. One can tell you believe what you were reading. :9:

This is the first time I have PLed something out of the MW. The one thing is that it makes it a little harder (at least for me) to get real 'time stamps', but I tried.

There were two small things:

At about 3:25 it reads God's Christmas Gift was to the world, to men and women, not merely to the devout and expectant, but to its humble, toiling millions. You said 'the', technically 'it' refers to 'the world' but the meaning really isn't changed too much. I hesitated to note this but it is up to you.

At about 5:24 Before Christ came, it has been said, there were no children, and in its essential meaning the saying is true. Yous said “had”. In the context of the entire sentence, “has” gives a slightly different meaning.

Thanks for letting me listen to this.

As to your question about reading other sections, I think that 'rgarden' 'claimed' section 28 three hours before I posted about the PL. That is why I mentioned 28 being claimed but not in the MW. Am I missing something? I would like, though, to claim Section 27, The Day's Work.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Wayne! Those are both small enough that I'm going to leave the file as is. Thanks for PLing for me.

And no, you didn't miss anything. I just messed up. :oops: Hopefully I've got everything right in the MW now, with rgarden in for 28 and you in for reading 29.

MaryAnn