linny

Post by linny »

YuqingJune wrote: January 1st, 2021, 6:06 pm
pwitt wrote: January 1st, 2021, 4:09 pm I am submitting Section 15

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/psychologicaltypes_15_jung_128kb.mp3

Read from https://archive.org/details/psychological_types/

it is 26:25 minutes long
Thank you! I've updated the MW.
This one is toggled to PL OK but I don't see a note in the thread that it was PLed. Also, 48-49, 52-53 are the same way. :hmm:
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

linny wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 7:11 am
YuqingJune wrote: January 1st, 2021, 6:06 pm
pwitt wrote: January 1st, 2021, 4:09 pm I am submitting Section 15

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/psychologicaltypes_15_jung_128kb.mp3

Read from https://archive.org/details/psychological_types/

it is 26:25 minutes long
Thank you! I've updated the MW.
This one is toggled to PL OK but I don't see a note in the thread that it was PLed. Also, 48-49, 52-53 are the same way. :hmm:
Hi, I don’t always comment after I proofed a section, unless there’s an issue. If you prefer, I’ll add a note in the thread.
==========
Susanne
linny

Post by linny »

Sunrise2020 wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 10:05 am Hi, I don’t always comment after I proofed a section, unless there’s an issue. If you prefer, I’ll add a note in the thread.
Please post in the thread. We must have confirmation in the thread. There is no other way to know if the toggle to PL OK was a mistake or not.

Please confirm if the other sections (48-49, 52-53) were also PL OK.

Thank you!
pwitt

Post by pwitt »

NEED ADVICE HERE
I am not sure if my reading sounds right for section 15 and 16. I have only put the section number in the recording after the title, instead of the Chapter and Chapter title (as I think you requested). But, these 2 sections have subsections (a, b, c and d) that I also have not put in. The listener might not be too confused at that, but at the start of each subsection, Jung start with something like "Of the introverted man, Jordan says (p. 35):". I skipped the page number. But then he goes into this 3 or 4 paragraph quote from Jordan that is all chopped up by ... (ellipsis). I have ignored all the ellipsis, but am not sure it is clear when the quote stops and Jung starts to tear him apart. What is the correct thing to do here????? I get so wrapped up in trying to put the right emphasis on these oh so long sentences that I seem to be unable to think much about giving a change in voice to the quote, (although I have tried to put a little arrogance in it, but not sure if that worked).
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

pwitt wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 9:57 pm NEED ADVICE HERE
I am not sure if my reading sounds right for section 15 and 16. I have only put the section number in the recording after the title, instead of the Chapter and Chapter title (as I think you requested). But, these 2 sections have subsections (a, b, c and d) that I also have not put in. The listener might not be too confused at that, but at the start of each subsection, Jung start with something like "Of the introverted man, Jordan says (p. 35):". I skipped the page number. But then he goes into this 3 or 4 paragraph quote from Jordan that is all chopped up by ... (ellipsis). I have ignored all the ellipsis, but am not sure it is clear when the quote stops and Jung starts to tear him apart. What is the correct thing to do here????? I get so wrapped up in trying to put the right emphasis on these oh so long sentences that I seem to be unable to think much about giving a change in voice to the quote, (although I have tried to put a little arrogance in it, but not sure if that worked).
Thanks for checking with us! My personal take would be to treat this kind of quotes the way you would a footnote.

So after a bit of modification, it should look something like
"Quote: [Content of quote] End of quote.'
After a short silence (~1 sec), you may continue reading the main text."

I'm not the one who has gone through all the recordings though, so any input from the PL, Susanne would be extremely helpful!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

linny wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 2:18 pm
Sunrise2020 wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 10:05 am Hi, I don’t always comment after I proofed a section, unless there’s an issue. If you prefer, I’ll add a note in the thread.
Please post in the thread. We must have confirmation in the thread. There is no other way to know if the toggle to PL OK was a mistake or not.

Please confirm if the other sections (48-49, 52-53) were also PL OK.

Thank you!
Hi Linny, thanks for the advice which I’ll also apply it to my other DPL projects.

And I confirm that sections 48-49 and 52-53 were okay.

Take care.
==========
Susanne
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

YuqingJune wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 10:32 pm
pwitt wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 9:57 pm NEED ADVICE HERE
Thanks for checking with us! My personal take would be to treat this kind of quotes the way you would a footnote.

So after a bit of modification, it should look something like
"Quote: [Content of quote] End of quote.'
After a short silence (~1 sec), you may continue reading the main text."

I'm not the one who has gone through all the recordings though, so any input from the PL, Susanne would be extremely helpful!
I listened to Sections 15 and 16 with the request for guidance in mind. The added emphasis sets them apart. But I agree with Yuqing that identifying the quotes would be helpful for the listener and might be easier for the reader.
==========
Susanne
pwitt

Post by pwitt »

OK, thanks for the direction. I am recording section 16, so I will say "Quote" and "End Quote".
pwitt

Post by pwitt »

Ok, I have submitted Section [16] of Psychological Types: Or, the Psychology of Individuation
With "Quote" and "End Quote" around the large quotes

Found
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/psychologicaltypes_16_jung_128kb.mp3

Read from
https://archive.org/details/psychological_types/

Thanks again for guidance.
pwitt

Post by pwitt »

oh, and it is 18 minutes and 58 seconds long.
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

pwitt wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 9:11 pm oh, and it is 18 minutes and 58 seconds long.
Alright, thank you!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
ritzee44

Post by ritzee44 »

Hi,
Could I claim the last section (section 76) please?
Thanks,